Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Been a while since I've seen someone talk about life being awesome.. Today I had a service appointment for my car and they gave me a box of chocolates and a flower. D'aww. Love you too, van bortel subaru.

Also, being the antithesis of a morning person, seeing the sunrise and the deep blue shadows in the morning is pretty much worth the cost of an early alarm. Maybe I'll get up early more often. Yeah, nope.

Been a while since I've seen someone talk about life being awesome.. Today I had a service appointment for my car and they gave me a box of chocolates and a flower. D'aww. Love you too, van bortel subaru.

Also, being the antithesis of a morning person, seeing the sunrise and the deep blue shadows in the morning is pretty much worth the cost of an early alarm. Maybe I'll get up early more often. Yeah, nope.

When my morning commute was pointed east I looked forward to clear, cold winter mornings for the amazing color display as the sun started to near the horizon.

Something awesome? My new car, which I ordered in late September, has now been built and is on a ship en route to the US. This is a low volume, high demand model and five months seems to be about the norm for time of order until delivery. I'm super-psyched - I just hope that the weather improves soon. The thing comes with summer tires and I don't want to shell out for winter tires/wheels until October...

Something awesome? My new car, which I ordered in late September, has now been built and is on a ship en route to the US. This is a low volume, high demand model and five months seems to be about the norm for time of order until delivery. I'm super-psyched - I just hope that the weather improves soon. The thing comes with summer tires and I don't want to shell out for winter tires/wheels until October...

Tesla?

Officially a bridesmaid in a very close friend's wedding. It'll be the first one I've been in. I'm a bit nervous, but excited to get all dolled up. Her wedding date has also changed to the day before my birthday in September. So, multiple reasons to hit the champagne a little harder ;) I'm just excited to help out and make her smile. As a friend, I'be been vocally skeptical of what she's doing (she set it up and bought a dress before even getting the ring on her finger, groom isn't exactly the most faithful dude, etc), but it's time to put away the worry and just be positive as possible. It'll be a fun night.

Officially a bridesmaid in a very close friend's wedding. It'll be the first one I've been in. I'm a bit nervous, but excited to get all dolled up. Her wedding date has also changed to the day before my birthday in September. So, multiple reasons to hit the champagne a little harder ;) I'm just excited to help out and make her smile. As a friend, I'be been vocally skeptical of what she's doing (she set it up and bought a dress before even getting the ring on her finger, groom isn't exactly the most faithful dude, etc), but it's time to put away the worry and just be positive as possible. It'll be a fun night.

Whoa scary bridezilla stuff going on there. Having been through this a couple of times, lets the good times flow. The wedding party is key to setting the tone for the wedding so you and d4rk get on out there and make it happen.

Whoa scary bridezilla stuff going on there. Having been through this a couple of times, lets the good times flow. The wedding party is key to setting the tone for the wedding so you and d4rk get on out there and make it happen.

Absolutely. She's definitely an 11 on the "focused on the wedding, not the marriage" scale. I figure this one will be fun and practice for wedding number 2 sometime in the future. Ah, not nice of me, but true. Poor d4rk, being dragged to the wilds of Ohio twice this fall for wedding fiascos...

I love, love, love my wife but if I could go back in time and meet Nicole Curtis so she could have my babies I might just feel like a king. My wife feels the same way about Steve Howey, so we have an agreement. In all seriousness my wife is my queen and here's hoping she can have all the babies I plan on populating this planet with.

I love, love, love my wife but if I could go back in time and meet Nicole Curtis so she could have my babies I might just feel like a king. My wife feels the same way about Steve Howey, so we have an agreement. In all seriousness my wife is my queen and here's hoping she can have all the babies I plan on populating this planet with.

Inklings, as opposed to ink splats...

Also, I had to google who those people are. Oops.

Edited by Josie914

No offense taken, after all my wife finds me attractive :unsure:

haha must be those calves I keep hearing legends about. :P And well, d4rk stands me in the morning with no makeup, birdnest hair and bad breath, so miracles really do exist.

But in regards to Howey- The long hair and goatee look is very late night Tennessee backroads gas station attendant who somehow makes your purchase of a pack of gum and a diet coke sexually disturbing. Much more presentable with the shorter hair... but he still has vampire teeth. Part werewolf? I know all the ladies are into half mythological dudes these days...

Wow, you get your first bridesmaid dress. Is it a neon green low cut model or a full length LA Kings circa 1972 purple w/ gold or pink trim? :P

I've never understood why brides want their best friends to look as hideous as possible, other than it's tradition.

Wow, you get your first bridesmaid dress. Is it a neon green low cut model or a full length LA Kings circa 1972 purple w/ gold or pink trim? :P

I've never understood why brides want their best friends to look as hideous as possible, other than it's tradition.

My wife wouldn't put her bridesmaids in blue and gold and I still married her. They were her high school colors, so I figured I could convince her. But no, just plain old regular blue and no gold.