Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Winter storm Rex slamming Northeast, 12 inches possible. Actual weather.com headline. Awesome. Isn't he going to at least get us drunk first?

Noice.

Reminds me a bit of a shirt I once saw at a Bills game:

Expect6InchesHunterGreenMock.jpeg

Going in dry. Bite down on something.

Never imagined there might be options beyond the pillow.

bite-the-pillow-im-going-in-dry.jpg

Walmart commercial bragging about commitment to buy $ x billion in merchandise made in US factories over y years uses CANADIAN rockers' anthem 'Working Man' as the background music. Well, at least the song was recorded at a US studio, right? Nope. It was recorded in TO.

:lol:

Walmart commercial bragging about commitment to buy $ x billion in merchandise made in US factories over y years uses CANADIAN rockers' anthem 'Working Man' as the background music. Well, at least the song was recorded at a US studio, right? Nope. It was recorded in TO.

:lol:

Maybe that it came to prominence through constant rotation at Cleveland rock station WMMS or that Neil Peart lives in California now? I saw that commercial the other day and immediately though of the same incongruency.

I'm not sure about the ages of anyone here, but for those of us that grew up playing Pokemon games, specifically Pokemon gameboy games (i.e. Red, Blue, Yellow) then you'll love this. Even if you didn't you might appreciate such an experiment.

http://www.twitch.tv...tchplayspokemon

So, for those who don't know what the game is, here's a brief synopsis: You play as a pokemon trainer, and you're job is to beat all of the gym leaders. You get up to 6 pokemon, who all have different aspects, and you train them to make them better while you try to beat all of the gym leaders.

As far as the experiment, here's a rundown:

Someone set up a program to simulate Pokemon Red online and be played by whoever wants to play it. The user simply inputs the commands of a gameboy, and plays. However, it's set up so the amount of players is unlimited, and so the program is being bombarded by conflicted commands while trying to beat the game. Specifically, about 80,000 commands at once, of which of course it takes sequentially. As you can imagine, the game is chaos. And yet, they've been oddly successful too. They're about (1/3)----->(1/2) way through the game, and it's been about 6 days. In comparison, someone who's played this game, which they clearly have, can beat this in a day or two.

Maybe it sounds boring, but it's actually kinda fascinating to watch. It even has CNN talking about it

Edited by WildCard

This 10 year old blind Romanian boy is just awesome ...

http://www.flixxy.co...talent-show.htm

And, those Eastern European hottie judges (both the men and women) ... awesome!!

The only thing that would have made this more awesome would have been if the little guy performed Sid's version.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

I was initially super duper skeptical, but with every trailer that comes out, it just looks like it's going to be a lot of fun to see. Art team/vfx people with the smackdown. I'm excited.

I enjoy the fact that they carried over some Mythology from the 1954 film. Godzilla was created by Nukes and therefore couldn't be destroyed but them. It was something that bugged me about Pacific Rim.

Also, this Godzilla looks big, really freaking big.