Injury Report: Myers, Ehrhoff and Hecht

spndnchz

I knew two things coming into this thread;

1.) Fantastic sarcastic jokes (they were all very good!)

2.) 2-3 posters who'd take those jokes seriously (I'm Looking at you JJFIVEOH and 87168)

Oh, and also; Ruff's showing up Vanek breaking 3 ribs and bouncing right back. Not sure why he hates Vanek so much so that he'd go this far? This team's out of control...

:lol:

Well, Mr. Buttinsky, I read it as a joke with an edge and an invitation to a dustup. So there.

And you're not invited to my party.

Nah, mostly a joke.

I'm happy to oblige with a discussion of Pommer's captaincy, though. I think I'll start a thread for it.

Well I've been on Ruffs case as much as anyone this season but I have to say its unfortunate he had to suffer this injury. I wouldn't wish rib injuries on just anyone and I hope he heals up quickly.

Rib injuries do not heal quickly.

I'm really glad that it's only broken ribs and not a broken skull. Getting your legs taken out unexpectedly from behind on ice while not wearing a helmet is a potentially life-threatening scenario.

I'm guessing that it might be really difficult for Ruff to yell tomorrow, so perhaps JP will actually call out the lines and bark at the troops, while Ruff quietly oversees? Should be interesting.

I'm really glad that it's only broken ribs and not a broken skull. Getting your legs taken out unexpectedly from behind on ice while not wearing a helmet is a potentially life-threatening scenario.

I'm guessing that it might be really difficult for Ruff to yell tomorrow, so perhaps JP will actually call out the lines and bark at the troops, while Ruff quietly oversees? Should be interesting.

It's going to be quite impossible for Ruff to yell in the foreseeable future. I never had broken ribs, only bruised, but it was worse than when I tore my quad. Can't breath, can't laugh, can't yell.....just awful. Even if he is behind the bench, his assistants are going to have to do the heavy lifting during the game for awhile.

Darcy update:

Lindy went home from the hospital last night. He is in lots of pain, only got 4 hours of sleep but is in good spirits.

James Patrick would be head coach and Teppo assistant coach IF Lindy is not ready to go. The issue is "his ability to get out of the way" of pucks coming into the bench. He may be "in house" but not on the bench.

Stuart was out on the ice skating (knee injury). He needs to do his rehab here before he can be sent down.

Vanek skated alone today before practice. Not possible for Boston but maybe this weekend.

Not sure where else to put this comment and apologies if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but does anybody else think that Miller is FINALLY recovered from that neck/shoulder he was battling back in Dec (and as I've mentioned before, realistically his glove hadn't looked right since the end of October)?

He hasn't been whiffing with the glove since the AS break.

Probably too little too late to get back into the hunt this year, but if his issue was a (now healed) injury they can be sellers at this trade deadline and have solid goaltending and a settled D heading into next season. They still need improved centers to really contend, but with Miller playing well they aren't the basket cases they were when he wasn't on.

Not sure where else to put this comment and apologies if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but does anybody else think that Miller is FINALLY recovered from that neck/shoulder he was battling back in Dec (and as I've mentioned before, realistically his glove hadn't looked right since the end of October)?

He hasn't been whiffing with the glove since the AS break.

Probably too little too late to get back into the hunt this year, but if his issue was a (now healed) injury they can be sellers at this trade deadline and have solid goaltending and a settled D heading into next season. They still need improved centers to really contend, but with Miller playing well they aren't the basket cases they were when he wasn't on.

So if it was the week off for the all star break that really helped, it really makes you wonder why he wasn't held out just a bit longer originally.

does anybody else think that Miller is FINALLY recovered from that neck/shoulder he was battling back in Dec (and as I've mentioned before, realistically his glove hadn't looked right since the end of October)?

i agree that there was something not right with him for an extended period of time and that it was almost certainly related to an injury (perhaps two concussions in a calendar year?), and that he now appears to be rounding back into good health and fine form.

So if it was the week off for the all star break that really helped, it really makes you wonder why he wasn't held out just a bit longer originally.

Probably because he was looking pretty good that 1st time he came back until McNabb crashed into him most likely re-injuring it.

i agree that there was something not right with him for an extended period of time and that it was almost certainly related to an injury (perhaps two concussions in a calendar year?), and that he now appears to be rounding back into good health and fine form.

A concussion (or multiple concussions) shouldn't affect only his catching glove. IMHO that was far and away his biggest liability the past 2-3 months. He was giving up goals in other spots as well, but the near-guaranteed goal was having him moving and going glove side or simply coming down the left wing and sending a rocket high glove side.

When he got his Lucic concussion, they talked about his having a neck injury as well. My guess is that there was swelling in a disk or something to the effect that his left arm couldn't move like it should have.

Probably because he was looking pretty good that 1st time he came back until McNabb crashed into him most likely re-injuring it.

A concussion (or multiple concussions) shouldn't affect only his catching glove. IMHO that was far and away his biggest liability the past 2-3 months. He was giving up goals in other spots as well, but the near-guaranteed goal was having him moving and going glove side or simply coming down the left wing and sending a rocket high glove side.

When he got his Lucic concussion, they talked about his having a neck injury as well. My guess is that there was swelling in a disk or something to the effect that his left arm couldn't move like it should have.

And again, it wouldn't have to be a big difference in reaction time/movement. Probably not even noticeable to the average fan. I would surmise that with the speed at which goaltenders need to move and react in the NHL to be effective, that even being half a second slower could result in way more goals allowed. Could be the neck soreness and lack of mobility caused this effect

When speaking of Hecht, Ruff said, “He’s better, they’ve done some further evaluation and they’re going to do a procedure on his neck where some of that pain has been coming from so it’s a little bit of a different evaluation.”

He wouldn't say that Hecht's season is over.

Saw Jochen today for the 2nd straight week out at the Buffalo Ski Club so I decided to say hello this time. Actually, it was my 6 year old daughter who told me to say hello but anyhow, his family seems to think that he has about an 85% chance of coming back this year. He was not skiing, his family was. Honestly, never have I met a nicer guy and just hope that he gets another solid contract from some team. His wife asked my daughter if she watched the game last night, and she said no. Mrs. Jochen then said "you didn't miss much." They then asked my 4 year old son if he had been to a game and I said he would in the next couple weeks. I mentioned that the goal horn might be a little overwhelming but then proceeded to say that might not be an issue these days - got a chuckle out of them on that one........

Saw Jochen today for the 2nd straight week out at the Buffalo Ski Club so I decided to say hello this time. Actually, it was my 6 year old daughter who told me to say hello but anyhow, his family seems to think that he has about an 85% chance of coming back this year. He was not skiing, his family was. Honestly, never have I met a nicer guy and just hope that he gets another solid contract from some team. His wife asked my daughter if she watched the game last night, and she said no. Mrs. Jochen then said "you didn't miss much." They then asked my 4 year old son if he had been to a game and I said he would in the next couple weeks. I mentioned that the goal horn might be a little overwhelming but then proceeded to say that might not be an issue these days - got a chuckle out of them on that one........

That's a nice story. Thanks for sharing.

Archived