Injury Report: Myers, Ehrhoff and Hecht

spndnchz

This.

It's simple really respect the game.

I agree with other's he was being paid too much for his role but he has always looked like he puts it all out on the ice and I am sure that includes coming back too soon in prior years concussions before the league finally started treating it seriously this year.

That and he has never been playing the role he should be. He's not a center. He's a great option in case of emergency, but all but the season with the division title a few years back, he's been forced into that role of full time center.

That and he has never been playing the role he should be. He's not a center. He's a great option in case of emergency, but all but the season with the division title a few years back, he's been forced into that role of full time center.

Boom!

which unfortunately leads us in a circle and back down the drain... que GODD.....

I see it as a bit of both. At first he was emotionally unstable and now he's just mad that he's not playing

Sorry in advance...... but that sounds like something right out of Women, Dating, Marriage and divorce 101

It's kind of interesting how the general opinion on Hecht seems to have changed through this (I'm not calling you out for that). It seems like for too long now he was a part of the "everything sucks" label thrown around way too often. Now a serious health issue and that changes. I wish it didn't take something like major concussion issues for people to make positive comments about a player.

I disagree with this. You haven't really seen his name constantly in the he sucks category. He gets called out because he's overpaid and that is certainly not his fault.

I watched the game and the Vanek injury happened when he took an elbow to the sternum (I think) cutting across the middle with about 5:30 left in the first. They showed him talking to Pommers about it on the bench and he gestured to his chest area and looked to be in a bit of discomfort. It was a big hit; he was sandwiched by two players. Hopefully not too bad.

Vanek seems to get injured a lot. Or am I just imagining things?

He's got the Roethlisberger syndrome. He gets hurt just enough not to miss alot of time.

He is pretty unlucky too. how many times has he got drilled in the nugget with a chip or shot?

Read this in the fan guide on the Sabres website:

MAN GAMES LOST

Through 50 games, the Sabres’ 230 man games lost put the team on pace for 377 this season. The highest total since the team began tracking man games lost in the 1998-99 season was 269 (2003-04). The Sabres have averaged 191 man games lost per season during that time, when the league average has been 241. Buffalo’s total has only been above the league average twice in those years (2005-06 and 2006-07).

quite the fun fact...

I wouldn't mind seeing Gaustad back for the right price to be the 3rd or 4th line guy.

I don't see Goose taking a pay cut at this point in his career. If the Sabres don't give him $2.5 per, someone will. It has become in vogue to rip Gaustad, but I don't see it. On a team desperate for pivots, the last thing they need to do is give up a solid player like Gaustad. He's certainly has an introspective season but I want to see who he is going forward and how he responds on the ice. If it looks like he knows who he is and what he needs to do.

I don't see Goose taking a pay cut at this point in his career. If the Sabres don't give him $2.5 per, someone will. It has become in vogue to rip Gaustad, but I don't see it. On a team desperate for pivots, the last thing they need to do is give up a solid player like Gaustad. He's certainly has an introspective season but I want to see who he is going forward and how he responds on the ice. If it looks like he knows who he is and what he needs to do.

Don't get me wrong, I totally agree, I just don't want to see him getting too much of an inflated contract. He has always been one of my favorite players.

I think Vanek has been playing with a bad shoulder for about dozen or so games now. If you watch him against physical teams he always takes a beating. The Sabres version of Phil Espisito :doh: .. He has been favoring that side a bit and lindy has been limiting his time in the slot and in the tough games his ice time..

Does anyone know how Tropp has been doing? I think he's recovered from his concussion, but I don't know how many games he's been back for or how he's doing in Rochester. Anyone seen him play lately?

He went back to the Amerks around Jan 1st. I don't think he's played yet since he got back there.

Archived