Injury Report: Myers, Ehrhoff and Hecht

spndnchz

A concussion (or multiple concussions) shouldn't affect only his catching glove. IMHO that was far and away his biggest liability the past 2-3 months. He was giving up goals in other spots as well, but the near-guaranteed goal was having him moving and going glove side or simply coming down the left wing and sending a rocket high glove side.

When he got his Lucic concussion, they talked about his having a neck injury as well. My guess is that there was swelling in a disk or something to the effect that his left arm couldn't move like it should have.

fair enough on there being no logical link between concussions and a balky glove-hand. but what i noticed at a couple of games that i saw live post-lucic was that he just looked unsure of himself, his positional play seemed tentative and "scrambly" (i don't think that's a word, but you get the idea). so, yes, he'd regularly get beat high glove-side, but it often seemed to be because his positioning on the shot was off.

fair enough on there being no logical link between concussions and a balky glove-hand. but what i noticed at a couple of games that i saw live post-lucic was that he just looked unsure of himself, his positional play seemed tentative and "scrambly" (i don't think that's a word, but you get the idea). so, yes, he'd regularly get beat high glove-side, but it often seemed to be because his positioning on the shot was off.

But the glove had already become suspect prior to the Lucic hit. It wasn't an issue in early October.

My guess is that he either got dinged in one of the Sunshine State games or in practice around that same time. As to looking 'scrambly' I'd chalk a lot of that up to trying to compensate for the weak glove and also, to an extent, trying to get in position to block the rebound off what should have been a clean glove save and a whistle.

The shots he was getting beat clean high glove side by the LW in the outer portion of the faceoff circle, there was no scrambling around, he was set, he just got flat out beat fairly consistantly.

The shots he was getting beat clean high glove side by the LW in the outer portion of the faceoff circle, there was no scrambling around, he was set, he just got flat out beat fairly consistantly.

that's absolutely correct, and i gave the wrong idea when i called him scrambly in connection with getting beat high glove. i have at least 3 goals in mind where, as you say, he was set and ready for the shot and just got beat cleanly. in those instances, his positioning looked off, like he just lost track of where he was in his crease. all of which was meant to suggest that if his head was in a fog, perhaps he wasn't able to take the correct angle and put himself in the best position possible. it's all guesswork at this point.

I think it is probably both. In the past Miller has been beaten high glove but eventually he would get some rest and work on his game and was able to correct it to some degree. But with the concussions his game was all off and he probably couldn't correct it if he wanted to.

FWIW, TJ Brennan did not have a concussion. It was a neck injury.

This may be true, but this "neck injury" stuff is getting fishy. Could it be a way of circumventing all the concussion stuff. When a player says he is good after awhile but cannot pass the tests, what do you do? Put his career on indefinate hold or say if you're good we're good let's call it a "neck injury"

This may be true, but this "neck injury" stuff is getting fishy. Could it be a way of circumventing all the concussion stuff. When a player says he is good after awhile but cannot pass the tests, what do you do? Put his career on indefinate hold or say if you're good we're good let's call it a "neck injury"

You obviously have never suffered a neck injury nor a jaw injury. If you had, you might consider some of the 'concussion stuff' to be overblown to a degree.

Either injury, while not causing noticable pain, can screw up sleep patterns and lead to several other physical symptoms not intuitively associated with a neck/jaw injury.

Oddly enough, when Timmy's 'concussion' was treated as a neck injury, his year-long concussion symptoms abated.

You obviously have never suffered a neck injury nor a jaw injury. If you had, you might consider some of the 'concussion stuff' to be overblown to a degree.

Either injury, while not causing noticable pain, can screw up sleep patterns and lead to several other physical symptoms not intuitively associated with a neck/jaw injury.

Oddly enough, when Timmy's 'concussion' was treated as a neck injury, his year-long concussion symptoms abated.

You Obvoiusly don't know what I'm saying. Keep your assumptions about my health to yourself, because to put it simply you are dead wrong.

If you want to make a point make it. Please do not include assumptions about my disposition.

You Obvoiusly don't know what I'm saying. Keep your assumptions about my health to yourself, because to put it simply you are dead wrong.

If you want to make a point make it. Please do not include assumptions about my disposition.

I made my point in the last 2 sentences.

My bad on the 1st. No offense intended. (Gotta stop posting at 1AM.)

Hope your recovery was successful or if the issue is more recent that it is currently progressing. Regards.

• 2 weeks later...

Plus, McCormick did in fact fail his concussion test, so he's not making the west coast trip. That means unless we're getting a center back and Roy/Gaustad out we're looking at Szechuan.

I don't think that would be the worst thing in the world. I didn't dislike his play during his earlier call-up.

Archived