Injury Report: Myers, Ehrhoff and Hecht

spndnchz

LOL You mentioned a healthy Vanek, Hecht, and a normal Roy, Boyes, and Staff gets us a fight for the division. My point was we had those last year and got into the playoffs by the skin of our teeth.

We did not have the defense we have this year. But we're talking about the forwards roster, which had 3 effectively useless forwards (connoly, grier, and neids) replaced by a talented-ish rookie (Adam) a guy who is overpriced but averages 50 pts a season (Boyes, on pace for 20 this year, his previous worst was 42) and a a guy who was a risk, but coming off a 51 pt season and dynomite playoffs (leino). There is no reason to believe that this roster can't outscore last years roster which finished 9th in scoring in the league (4th in the conference).

This has been a career worst in posting for me. I fully expect to be at full strength next year and REALLY rub your faces in it when Darcy's Angels are in a battle for 8th place, this time again next season.

don't undersell yourself, you've been average ;)

I am now a Winnipeg admirer.

I liked what Atlanta was putting together. Now you put a bunch of young guys with skill and size together in a place that supports them....they look like the real deal, very soon. It helps when you have decent draft picks, but they also plucked 4-5 guys out of other cities. They have so much size that plays hard that they can use some of it to get more pure skill.

I would also probably trade rosters with Tampa, Washington, and on a good day, Toronto. Tampa being the favorite of the 3.

If W'peg makes it and the Sabres don't, I'm definitely rooting for them in the playoffs.

This has been a career worst in posting for me. I fully expect to be at full strength next year and REALLY rub your faces in it when Darcy's Angels are in a battle for 8th place, this time again next season.

You need to not take yourself so seriously,.. we don't. ;)

“I felt it was time. I think that Ennis played some of his best hockey in the middle," said Ruff. "We weren’t getting enough production. There were some good games from that line, but the production wasn’t there. It’s just time for a change. We know that we’re gonna have to do most of our damage on the road, so we’ve got to improve our road scoring.”

Would love to see Foligno on that 4th line this wknd. Wishful thinking I'm sure.

Foligno recalled today. Hope to see him in the lineup this time.

Sounds like Sulzer will be in again tomorrow:

"In other player news, Andrej Sekera’s condition has actually worsened and he’s staying in Buffalo for further tests. Ruff said they are trying determine if Sekera has a severe case of the flu or something more than that."

On the plus side, Vanek's injury is not serious and he might be ready to go against Ottawa.

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=621403

it's worrisome to hear that sekera is still not well. and it's sort of an irony that we, yet again, had the discussion of what is meant by the term "flu" in connection with his absence. it appears that he didn't have a garden variety GI thing -- sounds like he has something more like true influenza.

Ellis seems to have a torn ACL or something and going to miss some time.

if it is a torn ACL, then "some time" = hopes to return for training camp.

it's worrisome to hear that sekera is still not well. and it's sort of an irony that we, yet again, had the discussion of what is meant by the term "flu" in connection with his absence. it appears that he didn't have a garden variety GI thing -- sounds like he has something more like true influenza.

Actually worse...

Mike Harrington ‏ @BNHarrington Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

Lindy report: Vanek and Kaleta in. Sekera now diagnosed with pneumonia and getting worse. Ellis with knee injury; wouldn't say season-ending

Actually worse...

Lindy report: Vanek and Kaleta in. Sekera now diagnosed with pneumonia and getting worse. Ellis with knee injury; wouldn't say season-ending

Well thats too bad and scary. Sekera was playing some very sound hockey. The good thing about Ellis being out is that perhaps Foligno can fill in. His presence in Ottawa was noticeable, let us hope he can continue that.

Side note:

John Vogl@BuffNewsVogl

As Sabres begin wrapping up morning skate, concussion-battling Jochen Hecht steps onto ice for light skate

Actually worse...

fooking hell, that is nasty.

the pneumonia could be secondary to influenza, i guess. hope he's on the mend soon -- i agree with Liger that he was playing a good game for us.

fooking hell, that is nasty.

the pneumonia could be secondary to influenza, i guess. hope he's on the mend soon -- i agree with Liger that he was playing a good game for us.

It's not a good thing to hear pneumonia and getting worse in the same update. That ain't cool. Is he in the hospital?

MRSA....taking out Buffalo defensemen since 2006.

It's not a good thing to hear pneumonia and getting worse in the same update. That ain't cool. Is he in the hospital?

MRSA....taking out Buffalo defensemen since 2006.

I sure hope he's in the hospital. I don't know which is worse: MRSA, VRSA, or viral pneumonia. :(

Thanks -- four weeks sounds optimistic on their part. Wish there was an update on Sekera's status. :(

4 weeks is the standard timeline for an MCL sprain (depending on the severity). I went through about a light 4 week rehab on my recent one (plus surgery), These guys are ridiculously conditioned athletes and I'm sure they can get far more out of a dedicated rehab session than average fools like me.

4 weeks is the standard timeline for an MCL sprain (depending on the severity). I went through about a light 4 week rehab on my recent one (plus surgery), These guys are ridiculously conditioned athletes and I'm sure they can get far more out of a dedicated rehab session than average fools like me.

Shows what I know, lol. I think I was assuming it'd be worse based on the fact that someone something to the effect of "hopefully he'll be back for training camp", which sounded like an exaggeration but 4 weeks seemed quick compared to that.

Shows what I know, lol. I think I was assuming it'd be worse based on the fact that someone something to the effect of "hopefully he'll be back for training camp", which sounded like an exaggeration but 4 weeks seemed quick compared to that.

Someone threw out the possibility of an ACL tear earlier in the week, right? That's the all out catastrophic that would have everyone waiving goodbye to Ellis (even into next season).

He's on the ice skating today. Maybe this weekend.

Yeah but why rush..... Brayden McNabb has played 20 games in Buffalo this season scoring a goal and four assists. In Rochester he has 36 games in scoring four goals and 21 assists with a +15 rating. Sure, Ruff would like to have Myers, but he’s happy that he knows he can count on the rookie, “We know what he can do, he played well for us and we know he can defend so it’s something we’re comfortable with.”

Andrej Sekera was back on the ice after getting hit by pneumonia. Ruff said, “We’re hoping by the weekend. He couldn’t do a normal workout yesterday, he’s down some weight so we’re just trying to get him back to get some fitness back into him, try to get his weight back to where it needs to be and in the next couple of days, push him ahead to where we can hopefully get him back by Saturday.”

This is the kind of thing that drives me nuts about this team. Lindy says the above about McNabb but would put Sekera back in that fast ? Was Sekera really missed during these last games that we need to take someone coming off pneumonia with the strength/weight loss and rush him back out there. I haven't missed Sekera at all. Can the guy really be ready after a few days back on the ice and why more importantly when we already have players playing well together. Short of Tylers suspension I thought the the pairings and 6 we were playing have played some of the best defensive hockey of the season. Let McNabb play a little here(3 games) keeping Tylers spot warm to see where he's at, at least he has been playing hockey.

Sekera playing Saturday is crazy talk to me. And honestly if Mcnabb plays well and with Tyler coming back Sekera should still be the one sitting till he is 100% conditioned and/or someone else goes down. JMO

Archived