Injury Report: Myers, Ehrhoff and Hecht

spndnchz

That explains why Foligno was returned to Rochester, if indeed he was only recalled in the first place due to a shortage of skaters.

Foligno needs to be on the Amerks roster tomorrow if they want him to play in the playoffs.

Cody McCormick is back. Cleared to play and on the ice today.

Vanek, Kaleta and Sekera not there.

Vanek from Boychuk, Kaleta from getting hit from behind into the boards, and Shakira for not washing his hands.

Lines at practice:

Leino/Hodgson/Pommers

Stafford/Ennis/Boyes

Gerbe/Roy/Tropp

Ellis/McCormick

Vanek from Boychuk, Kaleta from getting hit from behind into the boards, and Shakira for not washing his hands.

Lines at practice:

Leino/Hodgson/Pommers

Stafford/Ennis/Boyes

Gerbe/Roy/Tropp

Ellis/McCormick

I'm in love with these lines. Especially the third. A great team would have Roy as the #3 Center.

Lines at practice:

Leino/Hodgson/Pommers

Stafford/Ennis/Boyes

Gerbe/Roy/Tropp

Ellis/McCormick

That does not look like the roster of a playoff team.

I'm in love with these lines. Especially the third. A great team would have Roy as the #3 Center.

Truer words were never written. Alas, a great team would be in a position to put him there in the first place. I'm glad Lindy is mixing it up. To say the O has been stagnant is an insult to understatements.

GO SABRES!!!

Nope. But neither does the roster of any other team competing for 8th. 8th place is just a battle for the best of the worst.

I am now a Winnipeg admirer.

I liked what Atlanta was putting together. Now you put a bunch of young guys with skill and size together in a place that supports them....they look like the real deal, very soon. It helps when you have decent draft picks, but they also plucked 4-5 guys out of other cities. They have so much size that plays hard that they can use some of it to get more pure skill.

I would also probably trade rosters with Tampa, Washington, and on a good day, Toronto. Tampa being the favorite of the 3.

Nope. But neither does the roster of any other team competing for 8th. 8th place is just a battle for the best of the worst.

I'd rather look at it as the battle for the worst of the best.

GO SABRES!!!

I am now a Winnipeg admirer.

I liked what Atlanta was putting together. Now you put a bunch of young guys with skill and size together in a place that supports them....they look like the real deal, very soon. It helps when you have decent draft picks, but they also plucked 4-5 guys out of other cities. They have so much size that plays hard that they can use some of it to get more pure skill.

I would also probably trade rosters with Tampa, Washington, and on a good day, Toronto. Tampa being the favorite of the 3.

Unless we can keep our goalies, I want nothing to do with Washington's or Toronto's rosters. And really even Washington looks a whole lot like Buffalo's roster--Ovechkin is clearly not the same guy he was a couple years ago, and without him only Backstrom is clearly better than any Sabre at the same position, and Semin is like an ultra-talented Stafford. Even Tampa...they have Stamkos obviously and St. Louis, Lecavalier....but nobody knows how long they can keep it up. Plus they have another goaltending black hole. I like a lot of Winnipeg's makeup, but let's face it: if they didn't have their ridiculous home ice advantage (see: were still in Atlanta) they wouldn't be sniffing the playoffs.

All I'm saying is every single team battling for 8th has deeply, deeply flawed rosters. Just a matter of which flaws you'd rather have.

TB and To at least have some real skill they can put on the ice, even if it ain't working for them right now. And like GoDD, I like alot of what Winnie has right now even if they aren't big name players. The roster chz posted is depressing.

That does not look like the roster of a playoff team.

You mean if you take one third of the season opening intended starters off of a roster, it looks less likely to be a playoff team?

TB and To at least have some real skill they can put on the ice, even if it ain't working for them right now. And like GoDD, I like alot of what Winnie has right now even if they aren't big name players. The roster chz posted is depressing.

If Roy, Boyes, and to a small extent Stafford (if you factor in TOI) weren't having Career Worst seasons, that roster would not be that bad. Throw in a middle of the road road season for Vanek and a healthy Hecht, and we're probably up with Boston fighting for the NE title.

This Year, that roster does not look like a playoff roster.

You mean if you take one third of the season opening intended starters off of a roster, it looks less likely to be a playoff team?

If Roy, Boyes, and to a small extent Stafford (if you factor in TOI) weren't having Career Worst seasons, that roster would not be that bad. Throw in a middle of the road road season for Vanek and a healthy Hecht, and we're probably up with Boston fighting for the NE title.

This Year, that roster does not look like a playoff roster.

Right, like last year. :ph34r:

Right, like last year. :ph34r:

Last years roster minus Connolly, Hecht, Neidermeyer, butler and Griere plus Erhoff, Regher, Leino and Boyes = 50 fewer goals for?

It's a bad year, could be an indicator of the future, but these guys have their average years, there are significantly fewer grumpy pusses here.

Last years roster minus Connolly, Hecht, Neidermeyer, butler and Griere plus Erhoff, Regher, Leino and Boyes = 50 fewer goals for?

It's a bad year, could be an indicator of the future, but these guys have their average years, there are significantly fewer grumpy pusses here.

LOL You mentioned a healthy Vanek, Hecht, and a normal Roy, Boyes, and Staff gets us a fight for the division. My point was we had those last year and got into the playoffs by the skin of our teeth.

Archived