2011-2012 Amerks Thread

LabattBlue

Lol, I bet the goalie wants that one back. It kinda looks like Adam lost the puck and it trickled through. He did look like a man against boys out there on that possession.

It was a nice goal, he looked decent at times but he was responsible for a goal against too. screened the goaltender. I thought Leggio was going to whack Adam in the head with his stick. I was right behind the net for that one.. my son skated at the first intermission.

One would think but some posters on an Amerks forum claim it's the worst thing to ever happen to the franchise.

Those people are morons. Either that or they are upset they no longer get as many free tickets. The Amerks under the Panthers were mostly an ignored franchise in Rochester. It was awful. The arena was empty, there was no energy, nothing. It's not because the players were awful but because, quite frankly, no one cared. If a good player got sent to FLA no one in Rochester would ever see them play again. in Buffalo you see the player.. it works. The worst thing that ever happened was the split away.

Tough shoot out loss for Amerks after having a 2-0 lead, hit 3 posts and two amazing saves by SYR goalie. Refs blew a big call, Koharkski's son I guess, watching Finley get held after he laid a big hit along the boards. The puck came out and SYR scored their 2nd. Ref was looking right at the hold, no call, terrible.

McNabb looked good and had a goal.

Legault had some big hits and a lot of hustle.

McIntyre (back up goalie) was missing from the bench until late in the 3rd. He appeared almost exactly after the Sabres game was over. Weird.

All 3 Amerks goals by defense, Crawford from Varone and Morrisonn had one from in tight.

Adam was pretty blah playing right wing on the first line with Szczechura and Whitmore most of the night. He then centered the 2nd PP line.

But, got a point and have a solid hold on 8th right now.

The Amerks crazies are starting to whine about call-ups.

SYR/Ducks prospect Peter Holland's (1st round pick, 15th overall in 09) Mom was sitting in front of us, she gave herself away when her son scored to tie it in the 3rd. Nice lady, kid looks like a player.

Kevin Oklobzija@kevinoDandC

Brian Flynn, just signed by #Sabres as per teammates on Twitter, was 9th in NCAA scoring this season for U of Maine (18-30-48 in 40 GM).

Brian Flynn is 6-1, 185-pd. forward from Lynnfield, Mass. In 4 yrs. at U of Maine, 69-87-156 in 153 games. Goals by yr: 12-19-20-18.

One more note on Brian Flynn: Of 18 goals this year, 4 GWG and 7 PPGs. Teammate Spencer Abbott, NCAA's top scorer, signed with Leafs today.

Brian Flynn, just signed by #Sabres as per teammates on Twitter, was 9th in NCAA scoring this season for U of Maine (18-30-48 in 40 GM).

Brian Flynn is 6-1, 185-pd. forward from Lynnfield, Mass. In 4 yrs. at U of Maine, 69-87-156 in 153 games. Goals by yr: 12-19-20-18.

One more note on Brian Flynn: Of 18 goals this year, 4 GWG and 7 PPGs. Teammate Spencer Abbott, NCAA's top scorer, signed with Leafs today.

Any word on who was dropped to stay at the 50 player limit?

http://www.amerks.com/newsX.asp?type=News&aID=511

Buffalo Sabres General Manager Darcy Regier today announced that the team has agreed to terms with forward Brian Flynn to a one-year, entry-level contract that will begin next season. Flynn will join the Rochester Americans for the remainder of the year on an amateur tryout.

Flynn (6’1”, 185 lbs., 7/26/1988) recently completed a four-year collegiate career at the University of Maine. During his senior season, Flynn appeared in 40 games and recorded 48 points (18+30), along with 37 penalty minutes and a team-leading plus-18 rating, while serving as captain. His 48 points ranked second on the team and ninth among all NCAA Division I skaters, earning him Hockey East First Team honors.

The Lynnfield, Mass. native registered 156 points (69+87) in 153 games during his four-year career, finishing in 11th place on Maine’s all-time scoring list. As a junior in 2010-11, Flynn scored a team-high 20 goals and received the Len Ceglarski Sportsmanship Award presented by Hockey East.

The Rochester Americans also announced that they have signed forward Kyle Bailey from the University of New Brunswick to an ATO, and he will also join the Ameks for the remainder of the season. Bailey (6’2”, 200 lbs., 10/15/1986) was drafted by the Minnesota Wild in the fourth round (110th overall) of the 2005 NHL Entry Draft. In five years at the University of New Brunswick, Bailey totaled 153 points (65+88) and 160 penalty minutes in 138 games.

What kind of NHL potential does this guy Flynn have?

I'm guessing just a purely Amerks signing rather than a Sabres signing.

Also, the #Amerks have added F Ryan Bailey to an ATO. He played the past 5 seasons at the University of New Brunswick.

Forward Ryan Bailey is 6-2, 200. He's 25. 65-88-153 in 138 gms with 160 PIM at University of New Brunswick. Unsigned 4th rd. of Wild in 05.

Although all-caps are annoying, to be fair to the OP, he simply copy and pasted the headline from the linked article, which was in all-caps.

Those are slightly mitigating circumstances, but I would still vote to convict him of all-caps overuse. No one forced him to cut and paste.

Archived