2011-2012 Amerks Thread

LabattBlue

I was at last nights game and going again tonight. Kassian was hitting but with no regularity while Foligno was booming players into the boards all night. Seems like Zack is focusing on offense, whether its coming from within or coaching is anyone's guess. I'm officially worried.

I was at last nights game and going again tonight. Kassian was hitting but with no regularity while Foligno was booming players into the boards all night. Seems like Zack is focusing on offense, whether its coming from within or coaching is anyone's guess. I'm officially worried.

Did you hear his quote from last night?

• 2 weeks later...

Final score last night was 9-4. Several players with 2/3 point nights. Noteably, Corey Tropp and Travis Turnbull. They are the kind of players teams like the Bruins and Flyers have on their 3rd/4th lines. Good size, plenty of jam, agitators who can score a bit. Love to see them on the Sabres next year. That would mean not having Ellis, Boyes, or Hecht re-signed.

Final score last night was 9-4. Several players with 2/3 point nights. Noteably, Corey Tropp and Travis Turnbull. They are the kind of players teams like the Bruins and Flyers have on their 3rd/4th lines. Good size, plenty of jam, agitators who can score a bit. Love to see them on the Sabres next year. That would mean not having Ellis, Boyes, or Hecht re-signed.

Works for me - also saves a good chunk of money for use on a center.

Doesn't look like Luke Adam had a great night last night: http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20120212/SPORTS02/202120304/Former-Amerk-Michal-Repik-leads-San-Antonio-past-Amerks?

odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports

Was at the game, I dropped my Beef on Weck platter on the floor before face-off and it only got worse from there. The only highlight was a Brennan one-timer hitting the twine from just inside the blue line. He looks like an NHLer out there.

Funny, I came up with this set during the summer:

post-1053-0-86533000-1328585402_thumb.jpg

and the Amerks just wore these for one game:

20120126-AmerksUARInteriorStory.jpg

Obviously, my colors were wrong, but the idea was right.

Nice work, those are sweet. I guess it's the 2nd year they've done the baby blues for a "prostate health" fundraiser. This year the name plates were red/black and difficult to read, last year they were white/black. They auctioned them off during the game last week. My seat neighbor won Morrison's for $400 something. On ice presentation by player to winner after the game. I thought about bidding on Igor's (who had a goal and fight in the game) but can't get around the idea of $300+ for a jersey. I think Finley's went highest @ $700+.

On the team - I think they have the talent and character for a deep run if they get in. Currently in 9th place in the western conference but should improve over the next few weeks now that Buffalo is healthy.

Another note - I noticed Mckee has been running the forwards during games for the past few weeks. Prior to that he was always at the defensive end of the bench. Not sure what that's about.

One more - #legendofjoefinley , though injured now, hasn't looked that good when I've seen him. He's too slow and awkward, more like you'd expect a guy that size to be as opposed to the exceptions we've seen in Chara and Myers.

What a fun game that one was.

Archived