2011-2012 Amerks Thread

LabattBlue

This is beautiful.

http://sports.yahoo....-223800409.html

Watch the video, especially if you're a parent.

And my deepest gratitude to those who have served or are serving now. God bless you.

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/20306-2011-2012-amerks-thread/page__view__findpost__p__350204

:nana:

Glass behind the Marlies bench shattered, possibly from contact with a players stick. Weird.

Brennan, Turnbull, Legault, Biega playing like jay McKee peed on their cheerios. Hits and fights galore. I want to see Brennan in a Sabres uni sooner rather than later.

Houston, Luke Adam has a problem. Through the first 2 periods he was on the Amerks 3rd line with ECHL players. In the third moved up to the top 2.

Luke with a huge turnover in the d zone. Clearly the force is not with him.

Ha. And he had an opportunity to win it too late in the 3rd, alone in front of the net with time, and missed. Like I said in the other thread, he needs a week or two off. I'd put Szczechura in front of him on the depth chart today, and maybe even Varone who continues to put the points up.

Still liking this team a lot though. Turnbull, Brennan, Biega plays big, Whitmore, Leggio. Lots of positives and a very gritty win tonight.

Drew Schiestel sent to the Texas Stars. Gets rid of a contract. Now we have space to claim Turco off re-entry waivers.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but I'm seeing it listed as "re-assigned to Texas stars". That doesn't actually dump a contract does it? They can't just give a contract to another team at this point since the trade deadline has passed.

Drew Schiestel sent to the Texas Stars. Gets rid of a contract. Now we have space to claim Turco off re-entry waivers.

Pretty big drop for Scheistel who was reportedly one of their better blueline prospects before injuries issues that last two seasons. I don't know how he has played this year, but disappointing news in that he was a 2nd round pick in 2007.

Huh?

Pretty big drop for Scheistel who was reportedly one of their better blueline prospects before injuries issues that last two seasons. I don't know how he has played this year, but

disappointing news in that he was a 2nd round

pick in 2007.

He's been fairly invisible on the farm. Considering how stagnant the D in the bigs looks, coupled with the prospects in the system, (McNabb, Brennan, Biega, Crawford, maybe Finley & Sulzer, Pysyk, Leduc-something french), there isn't much room. He was 5th at best with the Amerks. Weird timing but no big deal, unless he turn into the next Dennis Wideman. Doh!!

He's been fairly invisible on the farm. Considering how stagnant the D in the bigs looks, coupled with the prospects in the system, (McNabb, Brennan, Biega, Crawford, maybe Finley & Sulzer, Pysyk, Leduc-something french), there isn't much room. He was 5th at best with the Amerks. Weird timing but no big deal, unless he turn into the next Dennis Wideman. Doh!!

Shiestel was an AHL all-star last year, IIRC. And I think he was on track for his first game with the Sabres before he suffered a pretty bad injury. (Broken leg? I can't remember.)

Pretty tough break. Hopefully he can still salvage his career. He was very promising at one point.

Shiestel was an AHL all-star last year, IIRC. And I think he was on track for his first game with the Sabres before he suffered a pretty bad injury. (Broken leg? I can't remember.)

Pretty tough break. Hopefully he can still salvage his career. He was very promising at one point.

For some reason a knee injury sticks out in my memory. And yes, it's a real shame. He looked very ready to make the leap at last year's training camp. It's amazing how one big injury can ruin everything.

Turns out Sabres/Amerks put in a bid on Staubitz but Montreal took him on re-entry waivers.

Amerks were looking to loan out Schiestel for a forward from another team. They had 4 offers from teams on Monday but the one who would loan a forward pulled out.

It's just a loan not a trade. Schiestel becomes an RFA on July 1st. Maybe the Stars want to sign him, maybe not, but the Sabres got guaranteed he'll be playing.

Turns out Sabres/Amerks put in a bid on Staubitz but Montreal took him on re-entry waivers.

Amerks were looking to loan out Schiestel for a forward from another team. They had 4 offers from teams on Monday but the one who would loan a forward pulled out.

It's just a loan not a trade. Schiestel becomes an RFA on July 1st. Maybe the Stars want to sign him, maybe not, but the Sabres got guaranteed he'll be playing.

Hmmmmm......... McCormick doubtful for the remainder of the season?

Couldn't be any worse than McCormick filling Hecht's role, or Hecht impersonating a top six player, much less a first or second line center.

If true, its an interesting story - I wonder if they intended him for Buffalo or Rochester

My gut tells me they'd want him for the Sabres. If they are claiming him on re-entry waivers they'd have to expose him to waivers again when they send him down to Rochester, right?

My gut tells me they'd want him for the Sabres. If they are claiming him on re-entry waivers they'd have to expose him to waivers again when they send him down to Rochester, right?

I'm not sure. Right now Amerks are short Kassian and Tropp. Two of the bigger, fighter guys.

Unless they bring him in and send Tropp down.

I'm not sure. Right now Amerks are short Kassian and Tropp. Two of the bigger, fighter guys.

Unless they bring him in and send Tropp down.

I gotta think there are a bunch of 4th line/AHL types around for the taking. If it not this guy, another shouldn't be hard to find.

I gotta think there are a bunch of 4th line/AHL types around for the taking. If it not this guy, another shouldn't be hard to find.

That's the thing that urks me a bit. They knew Drew was leaving, they knew Mike Ryan was done for the year. Why didn't DR go get some bodies?

Are they betting juniors and college guys come over after their seasons are done? I dunno...

Archived