2011-2012 Amerks Thread

LabattBlue

Cool.

Do you know what the limits are and where the Sabres are w/ regards to them? TIA.

Like nobody said, Flynn's contract does not go into affect until next season. So at play here is that they are able to have up to 50 contracts signed for NEXT season. With 18 contracts ending this year there's plenty of room.

As far as roster limits, this is what I know: The Sabres, as well as other team, have 4 roster limits to meet.

1. There needs to be 20 players dressed for each game
  2. There needs to be a 23 player active roster
  3. A limit of 50 contracts for any given season. These are the one's you'll generally see on capgeek
  4. A maximum reserve list of 90 players. These can be either signed or unsigned (Flynn would go towards this list this year). This would include draft picks not signed yet.

Like nobody said, Flynn's contract does not go into affect until next season. So at play here is that they are able to have up to 50 contracts signed for NEXT season. With 18 contracts ending this year there's plenty of room. As far as roster limits, this is what I know: The Sabres, as well as other team, have 4 roster limits to meet.
  3. A limit of 50 contracts for any given season. These are the one's you'll generally see on capgeek
  4. A maximum reserve list of 90 players. These can be either signed or unsigned (Flynn would go towards this list this year). This would include draft picks not signed yet.

Are you sure about no. 1? Weren't there a few games last year when NJ dressed fewer than 20 because of the Kovy contract?

Are you sure about no. 1? Weren't there a few games last year when NJ dressed fewer than 20 because of the Kovy contract?

It's part of the CBA. Section 16.4(b) Yes, the Devils did dress less than the 20 even as low as 15 at one point. The NHL gave them the stink eye but no ramifications. The clause allows for "except in case of emergency" The NHLPA was more pissed about it than the NHL was. The circumstances being a few guys were hurt and one was suspended I believe.

I just talked to someone who spoke very highly of Flynn. Granted, it was someone from the junior league he played in, but it has to count for something. The quote was "the most underrated player in Hockey East".

He sure looks good on paper/screen. And I kinda like the idea of getting guys with some college seasoning.

I wonder whether he's a good skater.

Like nobody said, Flynn's contract does not go into affect until next season. So at play here is that they are able to have up to 50 contracts signed for NEXT season. With 18 contracts ending this year there's plenty of room.

As far as roster limits, this is what I know: The Sabres, as well as other team, have 4 roster limits to meet.

Thanks for the info on the 50 and 90. :thumbsup: The 23 is a maximum, teams can and often do go under it.

Hruh? :beer: :thumbsup:

That's the standard Amerks Friday Happy Hour! Double fistin'!

On the Flynn signing - so, he's undrafted. Does this mean Buffalo was the highest bidder? Assuming more than one team showed interest. Curious how that works.

That's the standard Amerks Friday Happy Hour! Double fistin'!

On the Flynn signing - so, he's undrafted. Does this mean Buffalo was the highest bidder? Assuming more than one team showed interest. Curious how that works.

He was a free agent. It's not necessarily the highest bidder, but it was the offer/situation he liked the best. He still falls under the entry level restrictions, so it's not like any team can absolutely floor him with a huge contract.

He was a free agent. It's not necessarily the highest bidder, but it was the offer/situation he liked the best. He still falls under the entry level restrictions, so it's not like any team can absolutely floor him with a huge contract.

Ah. Interesting, thanks. I read he got a $92k signing bonus. http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/cayman/cayman-s/ And some change leftover.

geez, looking at the Amerks stats and Luke Adam has a grand total of 2 goals - 8 assists. Why has Luke fallen off the face of the earth, anyone? Is it just confidence?

From what I've seen over the past month, it seems like he hit a wall. I think the demotion after the all-star appearance had to hurt the pride and that his body is just gassed. He does not look good out there. Hopefully he turns it around soon and contribute to a post-season. If not, I think he'll be fine, just needs the off season to reset himself.

From what I've seen over the past month, it seems like he hit a wall. I think the demotion after the all-star appearance had to hurt the pride and that his body is just gassed. He does not look good out there. Hopefully he turns it

around soon and contribute to a post-season. If

not, I think he'll be fine, just needs the off

season to reset himself.

Maybe Hodgson can take him to Scary Gary's camp for uber serious hockey dudes.

Here's a bit more about the FNG:

Brian Flynn^ — Maine — The Sabres get a nice pickup by signing the Maine senior. Flynn posted 156 points over his four-year career and was particularly good as a senior, playing a major role in Maine making it to the Hockey East championship game. He has decent size and strength and posted 30 assists this year. He consistently produced throughout his four-year career.

http://unitedstatesofhockey.com/2012/03/29/who-did-my-team-just-sign-a-running-commentary-on-college-signees/

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=625679&navid=DL|BUF|home

Buffalo Sabres General Manager Darcy Regier today announced that the team has agreed to terms with forward Dan Catenacci on a three-year entry level contract and goaltender Connor Knapp on a two-year entry-level contract. Both contracts will take effect next season and both players will join the Rochester Americans tonight on amateur tryouts.

http://sabres.nhl.co...vid=DL|BUF|home

Buffalo Sabres General Manager Darcy Regier today announced that the team has agreed to terms with forward Dan Catenacci on a three-year entry level contract and goaltender Connor Knapp on a two-year entry-level contract. Both contracts will take effect next season and both players will join the Rochester Americans tonight on amateur tryouts.

So wish I was going to see Catnasty.

http://sabres.nhl.co...vid=DL|BUF|home

Awesome. Catenacci is the fastest guy in the organization and Connor Knapp is a HUGE goalie who dominated college this year. It'd be cool to check these guys out.

Archived