2011-2012 Amerks Thread

LabattBlue

Awesome. Catenacci is the fastest guy in the organization and Connor Knapp is a HUGE goalie who dominated college this year. It'd be cool to check these guys out.

I just wish Knapp had done it in more games. He has split time consistently every season of his career. And on that note, I'll be curious to see where Reichard wind up as he has been viewed as a hot free agent commodity for the past two years. I feel like he's going to face a steeper development curve since he's played so little time over the last four years. He's going to have a ways to go to prove that he's not just a product of their system.

http://sabres.nhl.co...vid=DL|BUF|home

Buffalo Sabres General Manager Darcy Regier today announced that the team has agreed to terms with forward Dan Catenacci on a three-year entry level contract and goaltender Connor Knapp on a two-year entry-level contract. Both contracts will take effect next season and both players will join the Rochester Americans tonight on amateur tryouts.

I wonder if this means the end for Drew McInTyre. He's been AWFUL.

Awesome. Catenacci is the fastest guy in the organization and Connor Knapp is a HUGE goalie who dominated college this year. It'd be cool to check these guys out.

You're not kidding. The dude is the Tyler Myers of goaltending. 6'6"?! Try running that, Milan.

I wonder if this means the end for Drew McInTyre. He's been AWFUL.

Just read he's with his wife and newborn, probably stays there for the duration. Wish the Amerks had another home game before the 10th. My playoff invoice is sitting at home...I am waiting to see if the Sabres are eliminated, not to mention if the Amerks actually clinch. With the cluster###### of teams in the 4-12 spots in the Western Conference playoff race, it's going to come down to the last game or two.

Just read he's with his wife and newborn, probably stays there for the duration. Wish the Amerks had another home game before the 10th. My playoff invoice is sitting at home...I am waiting to see if the Sabres are eliminated, not to mention if the Amerks actually clinch. With the cluster###### of teams in the 4-12 spots in the Western Conference playoff race, it's going to come down to the last game or two.

Yep. And the final game of the season is Rochester at Lake Erie, and that could determine who makes the postseason and who sees their season end.

Shut out in back to back games. They have no offense.

Same here. Lake Erie had a nice setup for the end of the season - going into the final eight games of the season, fighting for a playoff spot, the Monsters had a beautiful setup, starting with three games out of the first four with last-place Texas. They managed a SOL and a loss in the first two and got shutout in the second game, so they got three of a possible six, but they blew a prime op to move up in the race (sound familiar?). Fortunately for LEM the final four games are all at home and all are against teams below (albeit slightly) in the standing but still alive in the playoff race (Rockford twice, Hamilton and Rochester).

We have season tickets for the Monsters, so it's a little bit of a weird situation to root against the Amerks - especially since the Mrs. is from Ra-cha-cha.

So when is the cavalry coming?

Foligno and Tropp back for tomorrow's game in Hamilton. I'll assume Brennan and McNabb for Sunday in Glens Falls or Chuck the Amerk is going to burn the place down. Shoot he's probably already calling for them to play Boyes at D and send them today.

Might be too late though. I think they need to run the table as well to have a reasonable shot. Some local playoff hockey sure would take the sting away.

what is the rule to sending players down. is it if they have an entry level contract they can go down?

As long as they don't need to clear waivers (where another team could pick them up) they can go down anytime.

In the Sabres case right now the only exception is we need Sulzer to come back before we can send down a d-man.

Amerks won the last 2 games. One would think since getting the reinforcements from the Sabres, that they would be responsible for it. Rather it has been ECHL product Evan Rankin. He has 3 goals and 3 assists in the last 3 games. After a ordinary 4 years at Notre Dame, he has been toiling away in the ECHL in the past 3 years earning a total of 14 AHL games on try out contracts. An interesting find to say the least.

Oh yeah...Luke Adam is lost right now. Someone get this once promising kid back on the path to the NHL.

Amerks won the last 2 games. One would think since getting the reinforcements from the Sabres, that they would be responsible for it. Rather it has been ECHL product Evan Rankin. He has 3 goals and 3 assists in the last 3 games. After a ordinary 4 years at Notre Dame, he has been toiling away in the ECHL in the past 3 years earning a total of 14 AHL games on try out contracts. An interesting find to say the least.

Oh yeah...Luke Adam is lost right now. Someone get this once promising kid back on the path to the NHL.

It's painful to watch Luke. If ever there was a kid who needed a change of scenery.

In a season of disappointments, Luke Adam has to be one of the top 5. What the heck happened to him?

I don't know if the onus can squarely be placed on Lindy's shoulders but he has to be held a little responsible. Somehow Adam went from centering the top line to playing with Matt Ellis. While Luke has to share some of the blame for his decline, his head coach has to ultimately be held responsible as well. Maybe he can turn it around in this organ-eye-zation but moving him for another teams young center prospect might be for the best.

I don't know if the onus can squarely be placed on Lindy's shoulders but he has to be held a little responsible. Somehow Adam went from centering the top line to playing with Matt Ellis. While Luke has to share some of the blame for his decline, his head coach has to ultimately be held responsible as well. Maybe he can turn it around in this organ-eye-zation but moving him for another teams young center prospect might be for the best.

I'm not sure how any player would take getting sent down to the AHL immediately upon return from the All-Star Game. :blink:

Hey Rochester folks, if there is some sort of local post-season evaluation in the media that discusses Luke Adam and his downturn, could you folks provide a link to it when the time comes? I'm really interested in hearing what the Rochester coaching staff has to say about Adam's change in performance this season.

I'm not sure how any player would take getting sent down to the AHL immediately upon return from the All-Star Game. :blink:

In fairness, I don't think Adam went directly to playing with Ellis, he steadily worked his way down the roster. I had no problems with Adam being taken off the top line--his play had warranted demotion, and I have no problems with him being sent to Rochester--again, his play justified it. He had what, 0 points in 25 games before getting sent down? The All-Star game was just coincidental timing, and let's be clear about this--he wasn't in the game, he was just invited as one of the rookies for the skills competition.

That being said, Lindy has to take the blame for never actually talking to Adam about what he had to improve, and why he got demoted in the first place. Shortly after he was sent down, I believe there was a story on WGR about Adam...and he pretty clearly said he never got told what he needed to work on to get back to the NHL. That's pretty inexcusable in my opinion. But at the same time, I would like one of my top prospects to have that light a fire and work even harder. But it seems to have just shattered his confidence instead of motivating him....and what worries me, is that this seems like the same kind of mental fragility this team has been dealing with for years.

That being said, Lindy has to take the blame for never actually talking to Adam about what he had to improve, and why he got demoted in the first place. Shortly after he was sent down, I believe there was a story on WGR about Adam...and he pretty clearly said he never got told what he needed to work on to get back to the NHL. That's pretty inexcusable in my opinion. But at the same time, I would like one of my top prospects to have that light a fire and work even harder. But it seems to have just shattered his confidence instead of motivating him....and what worries me, is that this seems like the same kind of mental fragility this team has been dealing with for years.

If that's true, it's pretty unforgivable. This is before Ennis was moved to center and before we had Hodgson, so the Sabres had a serious lack of centers. Adam was (and maybe still is) the only really good center prospect in the organization (good enough to make a trip to the all-star game) and it's Lindy's job to bring him along. If he sent him down without talking to him, no wonder the kid is screwed up.

The number of red flags I'm seeing with Lindy is alarming and it's getting harder to believe that ALL of them are untrue. I'm definitely starting to hope for a coaching change.

If that's true, it's pretty unforgivable. This is before Ennis was moved to center and before we had Hodgson, so the Sabres had a serious lack of centers. Adam was (and maybe still is) the only really good center prospect in the organization (good enough to make a trip to the all-star game) and it's Lindy's job to bring him along. If he sent him down without talking to him, no wonder the kid is screwed up.

The number of red flags I'm seeing with Lindy is alarming and it's getting harder to believe that ALL of them are untrue. I'm definitely starting to hope for a coaching change.

In fairness, the only reason Adam was invited to the skills competition is it was a pretty bad year for rookie scorers, particularly in the first half. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the red flags about Ruff are true, and I wouldn't be surprised if some are overblown. I think Ruff is a good, but flawed coach. Just like a lot of other coaches are good but flawed. If we fired him, there's a good chance the next guy has just as many issues, although maybe the exact issues are different. That is NOT meant to be an argument to keep Ruff at all, just my general feeling that when a coach gets analyzed enough, they've all got issues of one kind or another. In my view, the best reason to fire a coach is over results, not a bunch of hearsay after the fact when we're only getting snippets of information from potentially biased sources.

In fairness, I don't think Adam went directly to playing with Ellis, he steadily worked his way down the roster. I had no problems with Adam being taken off the top line--his play had warranted demotion, and I have no problems with him being sent to Rochester--again, his play justified it. He had what, 0 points in 25 games before getting sent down? The All-Star game was just coincidental timing, and let's be clear about this--he wasn't in the game, he was just invited as one of the rookies for the skills competition.

“They just told me they wanted me to play,” said Adam. “I wasn't playing very many minutes up there, I had kind of been struggling on the score sheet, so he said he wanted me to come down here and play the power play that I'm used to playing and play the big minutes I'm used to playing.”

He had 0 pts in 20 games people! Slowly works his way down the depth chart until he was playing less than ten minutes. He got sent down the same time Kassian came up for McCormick. LR said when asked what it would take for him to come back "It's up to him". Can we just quit the Adam convo now? (not that u have to) He doesn't support any LR takes the whatever out of a player argument.

“They just told me they wanted me to play,” said Adam. “I wasn't playing very many minutes up there, I had kind of been struggling on the score sheet, so he said he wanted me to come down here and play the power play that I'm used to playing and play the big minutes I'm used to playing.”

He had 0 pts in 20 games people! Slowly works his way down the depth chart until he was playing less than ten minutes. He got sent down the same time Kassian came up for McCormick. LR said when asked what it would take for him to come back "It's up to him". Can we just quit the Adam convo now? (not that u have to) He doesn't support any LR takes the whatever out of a player argument.

thank you for the reality check :thumbsup:

From Matthew Coller of WGR on Feb 13.

http://wgr550.com/pa...ntentId=9969308

Before packing up his gear in Buffalo, Adam talked with Sabres head coach Lindy Ruff.

“They just told me they wanted me to play,” he said. “I wasn't playing very many minutes up there, I had kind of been struggling on the score sheet, so he said he wanted me to come down here and play the power play that I'm used to playing and play the big minutes I'm used to playing.”

Why did he lose those minutes? Did Ruff explain why he was relegated to the fourth line?

“No,” he said under his breath.

Ruff wouldn't say either. All the Sabres' coach would let on was if Adam performed in Rochester, he would be back in Buffalo soon. “It's up to him,” Ruff said before Saturday night's loss to the Tampa Bay Lightning

edit: ha spndchz found it too. Chz ok we can agree it's not all Lindy's fault, but Adam is definitely lost. Maybe we can point to Rolston now, which would support Lindy - two coaches, still lost. As I've said earlier, I just think he hit a wall. I think we get the old Adam back next October and he'll be more mature and have a better understanding of what it takes physically and mentally to be a pro. ie: Scary Gary Camp (but hasn't it been proven vitamins are unnecessary?)

Archived