2011-2012 Amerks Thread

LabattBlue

MacIntyre. I guess he wasn't on the ice at practice yesterday and won't be dressing tonight. The local reporters that cover the team are speculating there's a serious rift between him and coaches.

About a month ago he spent one game in the locker room rather than on the bench, when asked why after the game he said "oh, my bad, i didn't think anyone would notice" or something like that. He hasn't played since 2/19, and only 6 games in since 1/1/12. His numbers aren't great http://theahl.com/stats/gamebygame.php?id=48 but last year he led Hamilton in the playoffs to game 7 of western conf finals.

It puts the team in an interesting spot. In a must win game, if Leggio sucks the new guy Connor Knapp goes in having never played a "pro" game.

MacIntyre. I guess he wasn't on the ice at practice yesterday and won't be dressing tonight. The local reporters that cover the team are speculating there's a serious rift between him and coaches.

About a month ago he spent one game in the locker room rather than on the bench, when asked why after the game he said "oh, my bad, i didn't think anyone would notice" or something like that. He hasn't played since 2/19, and only 6 games in since 1/1/12. His numbers aren't great http://theahl.com/st...ygame.php?id=48 but last year he led Hamilton in the playoffs to game 7 of western conf finals.

It puts the team in an interesting spot. In a must win game, if Leggio sucks the new guy Connor Knapp goes in having never played a "pro" game.

Interesting. Spending the game in the locker room seems like a serious thing to me. I can't imagine Rolston and co were too happy with that.

9th place-Monsters, 10th-place Amerks and 11th-place Charlotte all win; Peoria (8th place) and Houston (7th place) both lose in regulation, Milwaukee (6th place) and San Antonio (5th) both guaranteed at least one point, heading into OT.

EDIT: looks like San Antonio won in OT and Milwaukee is headed to a SO with Rockford.

9th place-Monsters, 10th-place Amerks and 11th-place Charlotte all win; Peoria (8th place) and Houston (7th place) both lose in regulation, Milwaukee (6th place) and San Antonio (5th) both guaranteed at least one point, heading into OT.

EDIT: looks like San Antonio won in OT and Milwaukee is headed to a SO with Rockford.

Rockford wins in the SO. So if my math is correct, the standings now look like:

5th San Antonio 85 pts 1 GR

6th Lake Erie 84 pts 1 GR

7th Rochester 84 pts 1 GR

8th Milwaukee 83 pts 2 GRs

9th Charlotte 83 pts 2 GRs

10th Houston 82 pts 2 GRs

11th Peoria 82 pts 1 GR

I don't know all the tiebreakers and scenarios but it appears to me that a win or a loss in tomorrow's finale won't necessarily clinch or eliminate either Lake Erie or Rochester, but a win would go a long way to locking up a spot. With a loss you can still get in but need a LOT of help - I think Charlotte or Milwaukee would have to lose both of their final games in regulation to slide in the 8th spot.

EDIT: I don't know about the Amerks, but the Monsters' Facebook page says they confirmed with the AHL, and if Lake Erie wins, they'll clinch a spot in the playoffs:

Rockford wins in the SO. So if my math is correct, the standings now look like:

5th San Antonio 85 pts 1 GR

6th Lake Erie 84 pts 1 GR

7th Rochester 84 pts 1 GR

8th Milwaukee 83 pts 2 GRs

9th Charlotte 83 pts 2 GRs

10th Houston 82 pts 2 GRs

11th Peoria 82 pts 1 GR

I don't know all the tiebreakers and scenarios but it appears to me that a win or a loss in tomorrow's finale won't necessarily clinch or eliminate either Lake Erie or Rochester, but a win would go a long way to locking up a spot. With a loss you can still get in but need a LOT of help - I think Charlotte or Milwaukee would have to lose both of their final games in regulation to slide in the 8th spot.

EDIT: I don't know about the Amerks, but the Monsters' Facebook page says they confirmed with the AHL, and if Lake Erie wins, they'll clinch a spot in the playoffs:

If they go to Cleveland and win, they're in. A loss means they'll need some help.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20120414/SPORTS02/304130043/Amerks-beat-Crunch-stay-playoff-hunt

It sounds like Foligno and Tropp have been major contributors, hopefully that will continue tonight.

If they go to Cleveland and win, they're in. A loss means they'll need some help.

http://www.democrata...ay-playoff-hunt

It sounds like Foligno and Tropp have been major contributors, hopefully that will continue tonight.

I really love reading how Foligno and Tropp went back to Rochester and might be saving their season.

I really love reading how Foligno and Tropp went back to Rochester and might be saving their season.

Their first two games back they did very little to help at all. Since then Tropp scored two in Tuesday's OT loss and Foligno notched a pair last night.

Yes, they clinched. Lake Erie can still make it in with some help but it doesn't look good right now.

Not quite:

"At press time, the Amerks hadn't clinched a playoff berth yet but will if Sunday's Charlotte at Milwaukee game doesn't go to overtime or if Houston doesn't defeat the Texas Stars by eight goals Sunday evening."

Quote from D&C.

Not quite:

"At press time, the Amerks hadn't clinched a playoff berth yet but will if Sunday's Charlotte at Milwaukee game doesn't go to overtime or if Houston doesn't defeat the Texas Stars by eight goals Sunday evening."

Quote from D&C.

Yeah, I saw that on the AHL page as well. It's funny - it sounded like the AHL informally told both teams that if they won, they were in. Now it seems the picture is a little more clouded than they thought. The Monsters are officially eliminated, though - every team they needed to lose managed to win.

In any case, it was a fun game to watch last night. It was playoff hockey all the way around. Leggio looked shaky early on but the Monsters didn't press enough and when he settled in, he was rock-solid.

Now I can go back to rooting for the Sabres prospects.

Archived