2011-2012 Amerks Thread

LabattBlue

Shawn Szydlowski @Szydlowski19

packing..off to Gwinnett

That's gotta suck.

Yeah, but given his numbers and the fact that he wasn't drafted, it's to be expected.

Is this the equivalent of being sent down in the AHL?

Pretty much. He's in the ECHL now. If he can regain the ability to score (he did have 78 points in his final OHL season, but that was as a 20-year-old), maybe he comes back up. Otherwise, it's nice weather and Southern women...hey, maybe it doesn't suck so bad after all.

Yeah, but given his numbers and the fact that he wasn't drafted, it's to be expected.

Pretty much. He's in the ECHL now. If he can regain the ability to score (he did have 78 points in his final OHL season, but that was as a 20-year-old), maybe he comes back up. Otherwise, it's nice weather and Southern women...hey, maybe it doesn't suck so bad after all.

Heh, maybe so!

Agreed he's not producing and yeah getting to see the dynamics of drafted vs not is interesting. (first year really paying attention for me) Ie; the marketing graphics at the war memorial feature Foligno and Mcnabb, not Whitmore or Finley.

7-2 getting the doors blown off beat down. The Hal Gill trade paying Bulldog dividends. Geoffrion all over the score sheet.

I thought this game had the makings of a stinker for the Amerks. Just came off two physical, tough games with Lake Erie - teams combined for 86 penalty minutes on Friday night and 81 on Saturday night - and playing 3rd game in 3 nights.

Just curious as to how Adam seems to be handling his demotion. To those that have seen him play, does he strike you as someone who is motivated to get back to the show or not? Are his defensive liabilities as pronounced? Thanks in advance.

GO SABRES!!!

Great game last night! 15 round shootout win with Igor Gongalsky scoring the game winner just after signing an AHL contract this week. Leggio was solid all game and in the shootout, only allowing 2 goals in 15 shooters.

Adam looks like he has hit the wall. I would not put him in my top 3 for call-ups right now. I think he needs another all-star break or two and this time he needs to just sit on the couch and relax. He took a bad delay of game penalty at 19:00 in the 3rd, wasn't even under heavy pressure. But more than that, he just doesn't look sharp. Foligno, Varone, Brennan, (Morrisonn as usual), Whitmore, McNabb all looked great last night. Crawford (6th dman?) had a rough game.

Hopefully we don't lose too many guys at the trade deadline, this group of players is very like-able and are playing good hockey right now.

Great game last night! 15 round shootout win with Igor Gongalsky scoring the game winner just after signing an AHL contract this week. Leggio was solid all game and in the shootout, only allowing 2 goals in 15 shooters.

Adam looks like he has hit the wall. I would not put him in my top 3 for call-ups right now. I think he needs another all-star break or two and this time he needs to just sit on the couch and relax. He took a bad delay of game penalty at 19:00 in the 3rd, wasn't even under heavy pressure. But more than that, he just doesn't look sharp. Foligno, Varone, Brennan, (Morrisonn as usual), Whitmore, McNabb all looked great last night. Crawford (6th dman?) had a rough game.

Hopefully we don't lose too many guys at the trade deadline, this group of players is very like-able and are playing good hockey right now.

Disappointed to hear that about Adam. Was hoping to hear that he was full of fire to get back up. He needs to be a force at the AHL level. Hope he can turn it around.

GO SABRES!!!

Disappointed to hear that about Adam. Was hoping to hear that he was full of fire to get back up. He needs to be a force at the AHL level. Hope he can turn it around.

GO SABRES!!!

Yeah I think he wants it bad, just seems like he has a cinder block tied around an ankle. Also he did have an opportunity to fight last night and chose not to. Lake Erie guy chased him around for a bit challenging. Refs stepped in as Adam was backing away.

Archived