2011-2012 Amerks Thread

LabattBlue

Yeah, you do, friggin' wet blanket. ;)

A whole bunch of Amerks ended up at Nathaniels after the game. Thought about mentioning to Foligno that I was looking forward to seeing him in b&g for 82 next year, but figured it would be rude to say that in front of Adam.

:worthy:

Never had a white hot before ?!?!?

Had my first one last November, but it was at Nick's, so it was pretty disgusting. Also, I had it covered in chili, so I'm not sure I actually tasted the white hot. It's pretty good stuff. Like a bratwurst (what the Germans call a bratwurst, not what Chicagoans call a bratwurst), but milder.

Yeah, you do, friggin' wet blanket. ;)

A whole bunch of Amerks ended up at Nathaniels after the game. Thought about mentioning to Foligno that I was looking forward to seeing him in b&g for 82 next year, but figured it would be rude to say that in front of Adam.

1) Seriously. A change of clothes would've helped, too. I'm doing this trip next year the right way.

2) Yeah, that would have been. BTW, why does he wear 82 in Buffalo instead of 71? Or even 17? I understand why Finley (2), Brennan (3), Tropp (14), etc. can't wear their Roch numbers when they get called up, but why Foligno?

Had my first one last November, but it was at Nick's, so it was pretty disgusting. Also, I had it covered in chili, so I'm not sure I actually tasted the white hot. It's pretty good stuff. Like a bratwurst (what the Germans call a bratwurst, not what Chicagoans call a bratwurst), but milder.

1) Seriously. A change of clothes would've helped, too. I'm doing this trip next year the right way.

2) Yeah, that would have been. BTW, why does he wear 82 in Buffalo instead of 71? Or even 17? I understand why Finley (2), Brennan (3), Tropp (14), etc. can't wear their Roch numbers when they get called up, but why Foligno?

Either he thought Jochen might want that number back, or he doesn't want to wear a tribute to his brother (more likely) would be my guess.

Ottomh, I can't think of anyone that wore 71 in b&g this year, did one of the 37 callups beat him to that one for a game?

I'm not so sure they have any choice in their number. I seem to remember something about only the guys who make the team out of camp being able to switch. Then again, I always assumed guys like Ennis, Gerbe, and Adam would change their number when they made it, but that never happened.

FWIW, I posted this in the offseason thread on April 8--- Whitmore wore 71, apparently:

@DropThePuckWHTK:

#Sabres Foligno says he may switch to jersey #17 (though Whitmore said he'd offer up #71). Hear more from Marcus: dropthepuckradio.com

Either he thought Jochen might want that number back, or he doesn't want to wear a tribute to his brother (more likely) would be my guess.

Ottomh, I can't think of anyone that wore 71 in b&g this year, did one of the 37 callups beat him to that one for a game?

I think the training staff gets to select the number for rookies in the Sabres organization.

There may be some hidden meaning for the trainers.

His brother is already #71........... I suppose they wanted him to be one better in every sense and not limited by the family name......thus #82.

Trainers humor.

Does anyone know what his issue is/was?

I think that's the mystery. We don't really know. Was he hurt? Was his confidence shattered? Was his conditioning poor? Was he not as good as we thought?

It's up to him to make us forget the way this season ended.

Archived