2011-2012 Amerks Thread

LabattBlue

That's the thing that urks me a bit. They knew Drew was leaving, they knew Mike Ryan was done for the year. Why didn't DR go get some bodies?

Are they betting juniors and college guys come over after their seasons are done? I dunno...

Sundher, Pysyk, and Gautier-Leduc are all signed already. But I know the first two are on teams expecting to make playoff runs in the WHL so it's not clear when they'd actually be able to join Rochester.

Amerks with a 6-1 pounding of the mini Sens. No Amerk really stood out as everyone got involved. The Sens had 5 SOG through 2 periods. They were bad. Watched the Sabres game after(DVR), Harry mentioned 6 of the Ottawa players were on binghamton last year. Guess they didn't get suitable replacements.

If Ellis is out and Vanek doesn't come back for the next game, I hope they give Travis Turnbull a shot. He's like a combo of Scott Nichol and Patty Kaleta. Phil Varone might get the nod as he leads the team in scoring but I'm not sure if he has a contract with the Sabres.

What is their reasoning?

Darcy doesn't do enough for the Amerks. Apparently there is no one dedicated to just amerks players, aka a GM like Gage was in their previous affiliation. I can see their point but I think this year was a bit of an anomaly due to the injuries. I'm not sure how many moves could have been made.

Darcy doesn't do enough for the Amerks. Apparently there is no one dedicated to just amerks players, aka a GM like Gage was in their previous affiliation. I can see their point but I think this year was a bit of an anomaly due to the injuries. I'm not sure how many moves could have been made.

Those people can have Florida back if they really want.

Drew Schiestel sent to the Texas Stars. Gets rid of a contract. Now we have space to claim Turco off re-entry waivers.

Wow. I didn't expect that. Less than a year ago, he was golfing with Brennan, right in front of me. Now he's in a third-tier league.

He must have watched me golf, and thought I was the example.

How does that work? Is he still under contract with Buffalo?

Yes. He's just loaned to a different team. It happens from time to time. Just last year Nathan Paetsch and Andrew Peters were briefly with Rochester even though they were both under contract with Vancouver.

How does that work? Is he still under contract with Buffalo?

Yes. He's just loaned to a different team. It happens from time to time. Just last year Nathan Paetsch and Andrew Peters were briefly with Rochester even though they were both under contract with Vancouver.

Even when he plays for Rochester, if he's under contract with Buffalo, he's being loaned to the Amerks.

As long as they're the same dinks that think a Buffalo - Ra-cha-cha affiliation is a bad thing, I'm cool with it.

My how soon some forget the wonder that is FLA. :doh:

Taro..er..Dave,

These posters claim it was BETTER under the panthers.

Taro..er..Dave,

These posters claim it was BETTER under the panthers.

How many ###### kids does Donner the Hutt have anyhow?

Because only a relative of his could attempt with a straight face to make an argument that being the Panthers' affiliate is better than being just about any other team's affiliate without having ridden the short bus to school for 12-15 years.

Archived