2011-2012 Amerks Thread

LabattBlue

Great crowd last night! Almost a sell out, biggest crowd of the year.

MacIntyre sucked.

Biega was flying, he had a very nice game despite the redirection on Hamilton's first goal.

Whitmore - goal, assist, fight and in his New Year resolution piece on the video scoreboard proclaimed he will bring a Calder Cup to Rochester in 2012. Compared to Varone or whoever saying the old "less sweets", that was a solid statement.

Add Morrisson and Rankin to the injured list, arguably our best D and F over the past month.

I think this team will be very good once we get reasonably healthy. Next home games is 2 weeks out.

• 2 weeks later...

not sure how many were able to watch, but it looked like an actual sabre game.. for the first two periods the offense was completely impotent and we got outshot 36-9. i'm not making that up. but somehow we were only down 2-0...thanks to Leggio, who was incredible.

then all of a sudden kassian (and the power play) took over the game in the 3rd. he scored one in the first minute of the 3rd to make it 2-1...assisted on the brennan's pp goal to make it 2-2.

i had a squirmy 4 year old with me so we were walking down the steps to leave with about 1-2 mins left when Kassian scored again to tie it at 3. then we were stuck watching ot and the shootout...mainly because my 12 year old would have hated me if i'd dragged her out the door during the shootout.

Kassian COMPLETELY undressed the Bears goalie on the first round of the shootout, but after that they kept clanging off the post and we lost it 2-1.

As you may have guessed by now, Kassian was a man among boys out there. None of the other guys who have spent time in Buffalo stood out. Leggio was incredible. I think he must have had about 50 saves including a penalty shot in overtime.

Saw a lot of Sabres and Amerks jerseys in the crown which was fun...although I remember hearing them a lot more when the games were in the Bears old building 10 years ago. There was a guy in a Sabres Kassian jersey sitting directly below me who must have enjoyed himself!

not sure how many were able to watch, but it looked like an actual sabre game.. for the first two periods the offense was completely impotent and we got outshot 36-9. i'm not making that up. but somehow we were only down 2-0...thanks to Leggio, who was incredible.

then all of a sudden kassian (and the power play) took over the game in the 3rd. he scored one in the first minute of the 3rd to make it 2-1...assisted on the brennan's pp goal to make it 2-2.

i had a squirmy 4 year old with me so we were walking down the steps to leave with about 1-2 mins left when Kassian scored again to tie it at 3. then we were stuck watching ot and the shootout...mainly because my 12 year old would have hated me if i'd dragged her out the door during the shootout.

Kassian COMPLETELY undressed the Bears goalie on the first round of the shootout, but after that they kept clanging off the post and we lost it 2-1.

As you may have guessed by now, Kassian was a man among boys out there. None of the other guys who have spent time in Buffalo stood out. Leggio was incredible. I think he must have had about 50 saves including a penalty shot in overtime.

Saw a lot of Sabres and Amerks jerseys in the crown which was fun...although I remember hearing them a lot more when the games were in the Bears old building 10 years ago. There was a guy in a Sabres Kassian jersey sitting directly below me who must have enjoyed himself!

Yup that's the Kassian we saw before the call-up.

4 of 6 on the road trip. Headed in the right direction and seem to be coming together as a group and having fun (from the twitter view). Which comes first?

Crazy end to the Amerks Marlies game here tonight. Foligno takes an iffy trip in overtime and Toronto wins it with a nice water bottle snipe. As the teams are all coming onto the ice Folgino gets bumped by a Marlies player as he's leaving the box and immediately start throwing punches. Both teams on the ice grappling. Brennan fought and fought and would not stop. Eventually everyone was separated but it was a rare event nonetheless.

McNabb and Brennan in Buffalo, Morrisonnnnnnnn suspended. Finley is also listed as recalled but I have no idea when that happened.

Yup, Finley got called up earlier in the week.

Biega and ? become top pair. Scheistel was healthy scratch last weekend.

Suspect the signings are just to get 7 eligible on the roster.

Yup, Finley got called up earlier in the week.

Biega and ? become top pair. Scheistel was healthy scratch last weekend.

Suspect the signings are just to get 7 eligible on the roster.

Sooooo glad I'm going tonight and tomorrow?

Well...it's still better than watching the Sabres. Papa Bear (Kass' nickname) is worth the price of admission.

DandC Tweet from tonight's game:

kevinoDandC Kevin Oklobzija

Scouts from Wild, Avs, Oilers, Jets here for sure, maybe others. They can't like one thing they've seen from Zack Kassian tonight. No way.

Anyone go to or see this game who can elaborate on his Kassian comment?

DandC Tweet from tonight's game:

kevinoDandC Kevin Oklobzija

Scouts from Wild, Avs, Oilers, Jets here for sure, maybe others. They can't like one thing they've seen from Zack Kassian tonight. No way.

Anyone go to or see this game who can elaborate on his Kassian comment?

Saw a tweet earlier that basically said OK has been "punking" him all game and he has not responded.

Either he's matured, or he's a puss. Subjective call.

Couldn't make it tonight either but read @matthewwgr (I think) said okc was chasing kassian around and he wouldn't step up. "punking him".

And Kevin o mentioned he looked real clumsy on a hit.

Saw a tweet earlier that basically said OK has been "punking" him all game and he has not responded.

Either he's matured, or he's a puss. Subjective call.

Yeah and I wonder who Matthewwgr is. New wgr guy following amerks? First game? Kassian has been stirring the pot all year in roc but skating away from the penalty.

Archived