F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

Not sure why I am at work today...other than about 6 states, every other one has restricted travel for oversized loads, and the majority of the drivers at our company are home for the holiday. Luckily, the internet still works.

Taking the kid to Hersheypark tonight to see all the Christmas lights and all that jazz. Should be fun-tastic.

Not sure why I am at work today...other than about 6 states, every other one has restricted travel for oversized loads, and the majority of the drivers at our company are home for the holiday. Luckily, the internet still works.

Taking the kid to Hersheypark tonight to see all the Christmas lights and all that jazz. Should be fun-tastic.

Sounds really nice. I hope that when I get home in early December, I can take my wife to Callaway Gardens for their annual Christmas light display (along with the fact that it's going to be right around the time of our 14th wedding anniversary). We went out there a few months ago for my first visit. The place is just absolutely stunning!

As for my F3 posting this week, I made it home yesterday to spend Thanksgiving with my wife.

BU is pretty bad.

I went to high school with one of their D men.

Clendening? The kid seems to have anger issues.

I got a good laugh on my drive to work this morning. This pickup truck that was absolutely littered with religious bumper stickers cut off three different drivers (including me) within a span of about 2 minutes. Yes, I know being religious doesn't mean you can't be a crappy driver who shows no regard for anyone else on the road, but I just thought it was funny.

Oh, and since it was a truck, it made me think of Crosschecking. :thumbsup:

I get my car back in an hour or so, I won't be driving this any more.

post-1315-036366700 1322831814_thumb.jpg

It's not a bad car, really, just doesn't really fit my style (such as it is).

:wallbash: One of the cars I rented to drive back to WNY recently was a little tiny maroon Toyota Yaris. And I thought I had it bad. :lol:

Tomorrow is the ACC Championship game in Charlotte, NC. The confidence level is very high at Virginia Tech. We've got a group of ~30 people together for the tailgate tomorrow in Charlotte, including many people I haven't seen in a while. Bank of America Stadium is the perfect venue for this game. It is centrally located for 10 of the 12 ACC teams. All the tailgating lots and the Epicenter for afterward are within walking distance of the stadium. Plus, it turns out that the place we're crashing at is also very close by.

F'N Fantastic. Go Hokies. :thumbsup:

made 12 bottle of procion dye last night. all different colors. making another 10 tonight. again, all different colors. our christmas gifts this year are going to be of the tie-dye variety: t-shirts, socks, sweat pants (if i can find some that are 100% cotton), medical scrubs for my mother in law, aprons, dresses for my girls ... yah--we're stoked. for one group of friends who live out here, we're making blue and gold tie-dye shirts and then getting some iron-on sabres logos. these things are going to be wicked awesome.

deck the halls, y'all. 'tis the season. :)

made 12 bottle of procion dye last night. all different colors. making another 10 tonight. again, all different colors. our christmas gifts this year are going to be of the tie-dye variety: t-shirts, socks, sweat pants (if i can find some that are 100% cotton), medical scrubs for my mother in law, aprons, dresses for my girls ... yah--we're stoked. for one group of friends who live out here, we're making blue and gold tie-dye shirts and then getting some iron-on sabres logos. these things are going to be wicked awesome.

deck the halls, y'all. 'tis the season. :)

Not normally a fan of tye dye stuff, but if done correctly, this could turn out pretty sweet. Make sure you get the right color shades B-)

Not normally a fan of tye dye stuff, but if done correctly, this could turn out pretty sweet. Make sure you get the right color shades B-)

i bought 4 shades of 'yellow' since there wasn't a specific gold color, but i think i have a good match. i'm going to do some tests on some dollar store rags and towels to see what i can come up with. and truthfully, they're not overly picky people. i'll be more worried about getting the right shades than necessary; they'll just see blue and yellow and think, "ooh! sabres!" and be totally happy. i, by way of comparison, am rather pissed that i *can't* find an actual gold dye. cuz that would be over-the-top awesome.

My space heater just blew the breaker and killed the reference and circulation computers... which is awesome cuz now I don't have to do work and I brought my laptop which means I get to have A.D.D. and hangout on SS for the next 30 minutes... #winning

Clendening? The kid seems to have anger issues.

I got a good laugh on my drive to work this morning. This pickup truck that was absolutely littered with religious bumper stickers cut off three different drivers (including me) within a span of about 2 minutes. Yes, I know being religious doesn't mean you can't be a crappy driver who shows no regard for anyone else on the road, but I just thought it was funny.

Oh, and since it was a truck, it made me think of Crosschecking. :thumbsup:

I don't know why I said BU. I meant Holy Cross. :oops:

Senior D man Matt Davis was a classmate of mine. Smart kid but never got big enough to be a real D man.

Great to hear so many people were able to get back to work right before the holidays. Hopefully the rest of 8.6% will be as fortunate in the coming months.

Don't count on it. They are mostly short term retail jobs for the holidays. Those people will be unemployed by midjanuary, and can start collecting another three years of unemployment.