F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

After work today it's goin out for a burger, $2.50 pints of Sierra Nevada Celebration ale, a couple glasses of Van Winkle rye will get mixed in, then out to listen to an 80's metal cover band. That's a pretty damned good Friday in my book. Getting up at 5:30 tomorrow to intercept Bambii might get problematic. Oh, and I was just invited to a wild game dinner on Sunday. Venison and goose. My contribution will be bottles of Ommegang Three Philosophers and BPA.

Damn that sounds good. Celebration is such an awesome beer, I have a 12 pack in my man cave fridge calling my name right now. My neighbor got a deer a few weeks ago and brought down some venison sausage (along with some other interesting deer offal) last weekend. Great stuff.

Also, for anyone who fondly remembers 80's metal I strongly encourage you to check out Steel Panther. The are an 80's metal parody band that puts out over ther top hilarious original albums and do note for note covers at their live gigs. They are currently on tour with Def Leppard and Motley Crue and from what I've read they are stealing the show. I can honstley say that they have better songs than the original groups that they parody. Check 'em out on youtube.

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/review/46208/Steel-Panther-Balls-Out/

The best way to describe Steel Panther is imagine if Jon Bon Jovi, the dude from Ratt, Kip Winger, George Lynch, Joe Elliot, Nikki Sixx, and Tracii Guns collaborated on an album at their absolute peaks, only they didn’t have to worry about being censored or toning down the narratives of their sexual escapades. Steel Panther are rare because they clearly understand who they are trying to ape yet are one of the few parody acts that actually ends up being better than the original influence.

first batch of tie-dye shirts look F'N FAN-FRICKIN'-TASTIC. tons of positive comments at work, lots of ideas to set up at various booths and fairs around the state ... we could have some serious fun with these things. not a single negative comment. though in the interest of full disclosure, not a big fan of the 'blue and gold' one we did. colors bled a lot (of course) and ended up turning green in some areas (so yes--blue and gold DO make green!!).

got the new iphone 4S yesterday too. faster, better pics, higher quality vids, more storage. what's not to like about that?

to the hater of christmas cookies, your heart is two sizes too small. ;) i supposed you'd also steal all the who hash?

first batch of tie-dye shirts look F'N FAN-FRICKIN'-TASTIC. tons of positive comments at work, lots of ideas to set up at various booths and fairs around the state ... we could have some serious fun with these things. not a single negative comment. though in the interest of full disclosure, not a big fan of the 'blue and gold' one we did. colors bled a lot (of course) and ended up turning green in some areas (so yes--blue and gold DO make green!!).

got the new iphone 4S yesterday too. faster, better pics, higher quality vids, more storage. what's not to like about that?

to the hater of christmas cookies, your heart is two sizes too small. ;) i supposed you'd also steal all the who hash?

So would you say it's FRACK-TASTIC?! ;)

And I am due for an upgrade in a week, and couldn't decide if I wanted to go from the current iPhone to the 4s, or switch to a droid, and you may have just swayed me towards the 4S option...thank you LOL

So would you say it's FRACK-TASTIC?! ;)

And I am due for an upgrade in a week, and couldn't decide if I wanted to go from the current iPhone to the 4s, or switch to a droid, and you may have just swayed me towards the 4S option...thank you LOL

glad i could help! yah, i take my phone to concerts and video them. the 4S was a foregone conclusion with the upgrading of the sensor, the wider diameter aperture, and the 1080p capability. now i just need to get to a show and test drive this thing! my 4 did a great job. took it to U2, death cab, they might be giants ... always fantastic recordings. the sound is flawless; you can even hear high hats. THAT is impressive. and supposedly, the 4S has a better condenser mic than the 4! so yah--it was a "had to have."

"frack-tastic." HELL YES!!!

They might be giants?! I always wanted to see a show of theirs.

I take A LOT of pictures with my phone, so if it takes better pictures than the decent pictures my current iPhone takes, that's a "+1" if you will. I don't do too many videos on my phone though. Shot a couple of my sister's soccer games when she was on a breakaway or something, but usually, I use either my mom's nice Nikon that I bought her, or my sister's video camera for sports stuff.

They might be giants?! I always wanted to see a show of theirs.

I've been to a few in a bunch of different kinds of venues, always put on a good show. Venues: bar, concert hall, outdoor rock show, outdoor kids show, and (I kid you not) a Barnes and Noble bookstore. They were touring to support the kids' books they wrote/recorded.

I've been to a few in a bunch of different kinds of venues, always put on a good show. Venues: bar, concert hall, outdoor rock show, outdoor kids show, and (I kid you not) a Barnes and Noble bookstore. They were touring to support the kids' books they wrote/recorded.

That's what I hear. I really need to get to one of their shows!

alright. F'N Fantastic. I am packing up, hopping in my car, and driving to Buffalo. early day for once :flirt:

I made it through the first round of cuts for a job at a University in Virginia and now have a scheduled 1 hour long phone interview for Jan 5... If that goes well I will then be invited for an all day in person interview and then if that goes well I will then be offered a job...

Its like job survivor, just gotta keep surviving the rounds and come out on top in the end.

I made it through the first round of cuts for a job at a University in Virginia and now have a scheduled 1 hour long phone interview for Jan 5... If that goes well I will then be invited for an all day in person interview and then if that goes well I will then be offered a job...

Its like job survivor, just gotta keep surviving the rounds and come out on top in the end.

Congrats and good luck man :thumbsup:

If you don't mind me asking, what sort of job at UVa? Good luck!

If you don't mind me asking, what sort of job at UVa? Good luck!

Its not at UV its Radford but Digital Literacy Instructor/Professor is the job title and thank you, I really need to get this and be done with buffalo for personal reasons.

Edited by LGR4GM

Its not at UV its Radford but Digital Literacy Instructor/Professor is the job title and thank you, I really need to get this and be done with buffalo for personal reasons.

Had many good friends who went to Radford (I went to Virginia Tech right up the road from there). New River Valley is a great place to live. Good weather, affordable, nice people... again, good luck!

Had many good friends who went to Radford (I went to Virginia Tech right up the road from there). New River Valley is a great place to live. Good weather, affordable, nice people... again, good luck!

Yea I grew up in the rolling hills of the finger lakes and from what I have seen of Radford it looks like a similar place. I am doing all the research I can to get this job and again thank you!

Yea I grew up in the rolling hills of the finger lakes and from what I have seen of Radford it looks like a similar place. I am doing all the research I can to get this job and again thank you!

Good luck man. You'll need to change your username to "Digital Citizen"

Good luck man.

A. Happy last work day of the year.

B. Happy new year.

C. Leaving work at noon to take the fam to (FINALLY) see the new muppet movie.

D. Mentioned by SwampD in the "Complaint Thursday" thread, Pomplamoose frickin' rocks. Ignore her "Steven Segal" one-look pony or whatever. Her vocals are smouldering. and DAMN she's hot! Not to mention that they're just a fun, fun band.

DAH! Almost forgot the big E!

E. Planning a 3-week road trip to WNY! Leaving July 22, getting back to Utah August 12. Could not be any more excited for this trip. We're taking the 70 there and the 90 on the way back. Lots of stops along the way, but no more than 5-6 days on the road each way.

Edited by Chris_in_UT