F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

Just found out that my employer plans on expanding the wi-fi network to all general employees in the early part of 2012. As it stands, a network username and password are required, but only given out to those with a *real* need for wi-fi. Starting some time in January, they're rolling out a campus-wide wi-fi network to which all employees will have access.

Pandora.

Tune-In.

iTunes Match (for those of us who have gone that route)

This is a HUGE announcement, considering we cover the equivalent of about 12 city blocks. 6500 employees are going to have a very good Christmas at the first of the year.

F'N Fantastic!!!!

That's a nice turnaround from shutting off the projector in an important meeting while your fly was down. :D

It is? When I was out for lunch, there was a cold breeze, and the sky was covered in grey.

Between 1130 and 1 it was a little grey. This morning was gorgeous and this afternoon has been, too. It is cold, but it's a beautiful day.

I may not make it home for Thanksgiving this year. However, the way things look now, I WILL be home for both my 14th wedding anniversary AND for Christmas this year! :w00t:

By no means do I intend to mock your situation by saying this, but I'm so glad I have a job where I don't have to worry about working on any of those days. I couldn't even imagine being in a spot where I had to miss the family Christmas stuff.

Think about that one folks. You pretty much had to be born in the Carter administration or before to have known ANYTHING else but Regier/Ruff as a Sabres fan.

I had to think about that one for a few seconds to recall that Nixon was president when I was born.

By no means do I intend to mock your situation by saying this, but I'm so glad I have a job where I don't have to worry about working on any of those days. I couldn't even imagine being in a spot where I had to miss the family Christmas stuff.

Every profession has its "nature of the beast" - including the transportation industry. Even if I was home daily, I'd probably have to do something on one of these major holidays. After all, tankers have to deliver the fuel that keeps the cars on the road (and which is something I'm seriously looking into because I would theoretically be home daily).

It could be a lot worse, like someone who's in the military and is deployed overseas. I've never been to Korea, but I hear that a one-year tour of duty over there without any family whatsoever is considered a hardship tour.

Pregaming the RIT Hockey game with a bottle of Dom Perignon Vintage 2000 that my buddy won at a golf tournament. It's a good day. :thumbsup:

When I lived in Coconut Grove in Miami, there was a Miami Subs shop that had a bottle on the menu and in the case ready to go. It was great looking at the board and seeing, 6" Turkey $3.99.....Curley Fries $2.39.....Dom Perignon $199.99

Pregaming the RIT Hockey game with a bottle of Dom Perignon Vintage 2000 that my buddy won at a golf tournament. It's a good day. :thumbsup:

That's a pretty high-falutin' pregame right there.

My F'N Friday found me finally interviewing a worthy candidate for our open position. Offer goes out Monday. And I'm done interviewing.

When I lived in Coconut Grove in Miami, there was a Miami Subs shop that had a bottle on the menu and in the case ready to go. It was great looking at the board and seeing, 6" Turkey $3.99.....Curley Fries $2.39.....Dom Perignon $199.99

I wish I could remember where it was but I've eaten at a place that had a double order of wings and bottle of Dom special for $199.

I only 'rag' for a week. You've ragged your whole life.

OUCH!!! :o

If that isn't saying "out of the mouth, the heart speaks," IDK what is.

Now, for something that's REALLY good news, my wife got pre-qualified for a mortgage. That'll get us out of the hellhole we're renting right now from someone who's only a rent collector, and perhaps get something where the mortgage payments will be lower than the rent itself. On top of that, once I'm off the road and home daily (hopefully within a year from today), we'll start the adoption process.

BTW, thanx to all for the adoption advice yesterday. I really appreciated it. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1