F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

Clendening? The kid seems to have anger issues.

I got a good laugh on my drive to work this morning. This pickup truck that was absolutely littered with religious bumper stickers cut off three different drivers (including me) within a span of about 2 minutes. Yes, I know being religious doesn't mean you can't be a crappy driver who shows no regard for anyone else on the road, but I just thought it was funny.

Oh, and since it was a truck, it made me think of Crosschecking. :thumbsup:

I'm sure you know the difference between a pick-up truck and a tractor-trailer. :rolleyes:

The irony in this posting is that my wife and I own a pick-up truck (Nissan Titan). However, we have absolutely no bumper stickers on there, and your posting is a crystal clear example of why we don't. I try to be a safe driver at all times, regardless of what I'm driving. Yet, there's always going to be someone out there who may take exception to my driving habits. Whether it's a "Christian" bumper sticker (which most of them are extremely cheesy IMO) or a fish symbol with a cross or ΙΧΘΥΣ in the middle of it, I'd prefer not to have it on there to get unwanted attention. As painful as some of the lessons have been, I do whatever I can as much as possible to let actions speak louder than words (and no comments from the peanut gallery, please).

Clendening? The kid seems to have anger issues.

I got a good laugh on my drive to work this morning. This pickup truck that was absolutely littered with religious bumper stickers cut off three different drivers (including me) within a span of about 2 minutes. Yes, I know being religious doesn't mean you can't be a crappy driver who shows no regard for anyone else on the road, but I just thought it was funny.

He was probably on his way to the abortion clinic with his 14 year old girlfriend.

Sounds really nice. I hope that when I get home in early December, I can take my wife to Callaway Gardens for their annual Christmas light display (along with the fact that it's going to be right around the time of our 14th wedding anniversary). We went out there a few months ago for my first visit. The place is just absolutely stunning!

As for my F3 posting this week, I made it home yesterday to spend Thanksgiving with my wife.

Ok, I know I'm quoting myself (which is something I normally don't do, and it wouldn't surprise me if some people consider it to be bad form). Having said that, yesterday was my wedding anniversary and I got to be home for it. Yes, my wife had to work for a part of the day, but the fact that I made it home instead of being out on the road made it all the more enjoyable.

• Like (+1) 1

Off as well for a hockey tournament. Hopefully the place doesn't implode while I am gone. Cheers!

Cheers. Where's your tournament btw? A coworker of mine has a tourney tomorrow here in Elmira.

Also: I just checked the weather to see how my drive is going to be, and once I get west of Roc, it says snow, snow and more snow :clapping: Finally get to drive my new(ish) car in the snow

I'm going to some weird sexed up version of the Nutcracker (oh the easy play on words they can do with that name) with the girlfriend and some of her friends tonight. They serve beer throughout, so I should be fine.

And speaking of hockey, I've played 3 games since being cleared after the knee surgery. I'm currently 7th in my entire league in points per game. Deluca, feel free to attack this stat, but I'm happy with it.

I'm going to some weird sexed up version of the Nutcracker (oh the easy play on words they can do with that name) with the girlfriend and some of her friends tonight. They serve beer throughout, so I should be fine.

And speaking of hockey, I've played 3 games since being cleared after the knee surgery. I'm currently 7th in my entire league in points per game. Deluca, feel free to attack this stat, but I'm happy with it.

What are your TOI and +/- stats? Also, if you are doing that well coming back from knee surgery, maybe its time for you to get out of the 16 and under league! :nana:

Edited by LabattBlue

After work today it's goin out for a burger, $2.50 pints of Sierra Nevada Celebration ale, a couple glasses of Van Winkle rye will get mixed in, then out to listen to an 80's metal cover band. That's a pretty damned good Friday in my book. Getting up at 5:30 tomorrow to intercept Bambii might get problematic.

Oh, and I was just invited to a wild game dinner on Sunday. Venison and goose. My contribution will be bottles of Ommegang Three Philosophers and BPA.

mid-afternoon date lunch with the spouse at costa vida. sweet pork nachos, come home and take a nice, long, hot shower. no, there is no connection between the date and the shower, sadly.

say what you will, but nothing beats a hot shower. except a soak in a hot tub, which i do not have. yet.

mid-afternoon date lunch with the spouse at costa vida. sweet pork nachos, come home and take a nice, long, hot shower. no, there is no connection between the date and the shower, sadly.

say what you will, but nothing beats a hot shower. except a soak in a hot tub, which i do not have. yet.

Forget the shower; it's the pork nachos that make that F'N fantastic! :D

• Like (+1) 1

Thursday was the 1st night of 5 games in 5 days for me w/ no practices to get to (unless you count indoor soccer). My team got smoked, and my kids' teams will probably end up on the short end of the stick tomorrow and Saturday; but they should win handily the next 2. A game a day is sweet, and we've got great times for all games. (And I even get to help w/ my son's JV team, and went out on the ice to help w/ his other team a couple of days ago as well; which is sweet. This season was the 1st time in 10 years that I wasn't out on the ice with him. It was weird just being a spectator.)

Wife's car's repairs are costing a small fortune, but I've got my car back and no longer feel like a shut in.

My client that I feared was on death's doorstep should be getting out of the hospital next week.

Dogian Gray keeps hanging in there.

After I fix the stopped up plumbing on Saturday, all will be good.

:)