F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

where are you doing the bar crawl? Sounds like a good idea haha! :beer: :beer:

Not sure, it's something the g/f is arranging. I've been out of town all week and am coming home this afternoon so I don't have all the details. It's supposedly a halloween bar crawl on chippewa - tickets to get drinks at the locations on the strip.

And yes, it does sound like a great way to spend a friday night :beer:

Edited by Touched by Boyes

Yesterday I got to bitch about being sick on my birthday, but today I get to say how F'N Fantastic my birthday was. I've been dating my son's teacher for a few weeks now, and she went all out, making me a 4 layer ice cream cake (my favorite), AND she got me a Sabres t-shirt. She knows nothing about hockey (besides going to a game on our first date), but she heard me talk about the Sabres and decided to order me a shirt online for the bday. My ex-wife wouldn't even get me a card, let alone make me an ice cream cake and get me Sabres gear. I can't say enough about her... single mom with 3 kids, works full-time, and finishing her degree online, and she finds the time (4 hours) to make me a freakin cake for my bday. WHAT A KEEPER!

Oh, and this time next week I'll be back in Buffalo for the first time in 10 years. :thumbsup:

Yesterday I got to bitch about being sick on my birthday, but today I get to say how F'N Fantastic my birthday was. I've been dating my son's teacher for a few weeks now, and she went all out, making me a 4 layer ice cream cake (my favorite), AND she got me a Sabres t-shirt. She knows nothing about hockey (besides going to a game on our first date), but she heard me talk about the Sabres and decided to order me a shirt online for the bday. My ex-wife wouldn't even get me a card, let alone make me an ice cream cake and get me Sabres gear. I can't say enough about her... single mom with 3 kids, works full-time, and finishing her degree online, and she finds the time (4 hours) to make me a freakin cake for my bday. WHAT A KEEPER!

Oh, and this time next week I'll be back in Buffalo for the first time in 10 years. :thumbsup:

It's really great to see things are looking up for you! :thumbsup: congratulations, and I mean that sincerely! :beer: :beer:

That's awesome, CSB -- sounds like you were overdue for some good fortune (and good treatment), so glad to hear it's finally coming your way. :)

Why on a Thursday 4 days before Halloween?

For some odd reason, around this area they insist on doing Trick-or-Treating from 6-8pm on the Thursday before Halloween. When I lived in NY it was always on 10/31, regardless of what day of the week that happened to fall. Not sure if it's supposed to encourage more people to be home for candy distribution or what, but it's kind of silly.

For some odd reason, around this area they insist on doing Trick-or-Treating from 6-8pm on the Thursday before Halloween. When I lived in NY it was always on 10/31, regardless of what day of the week that happened to fall. Not sure if it's supposed to encourage more people to be home for candy distribution or what, but it's kind of silly.

This would be reason alone for me to quit my job and move elsewhere.

On an F'N Fantastic note: Sunday is my birthday, and it is the only day of the year I can get my wife to go to a big chain restaurant (she prefers to support local independents). It's ShrimpFest at Red Lobster, and Ungodly Amounts of Terribly Prepared Seafood is my favorite treat in the world.

Breeders Cup today and tomorrow.

It's like Christmas Day for horseplayers. Giant, million dollar pools to bet into where you don't have to worry about killing the odds. Races with tons of horses that have a chance to win at a big price. If you are right about one race and bet it correctly, you will make a year's salary in 2 minutes. If you are wrong for 2 straight days, you lose a month's salary.

It's like Christmas Day for horseplayers. Giant, million dollar pools to bet into where you don't have to worry about killing the odds. Races with tons of horses that have a chance to win at a big price. If you are right about one race and bet it correctly, you will make a year's salary in 2 minutes. If you are wrong for 2 straight days, you lose a month's salary.

I'm probably gonna make a run to Batavia Downs for a bit tomorrow. Any good info to share?

You heading down this way?

I'm probably gonna make a run to Batavia Downs for a bit tomorrow. Any good info to share?

Working on it. I think there is money to be made on the Juvy Turf if I can get a beat on which Europeans to throw out.

You heading down this way?

Not this year. I waited until the last second and decided not to make the drive. The weather looks great too. Everybody wants to go to the Derby but only hardcore folks want to go to the Cup. I had seats at the finish on the rail, and just sold them for face. For the Derby you can get 8x that.

Working on it. I think there is money to be made on the Juvy Turf if I can get a beat on which Europeans to throw out.

Not this year. I waited until the last second and decided not to make the drive. The weather looks great too. Everybody wants to go to the Derby but only hardcore folks want to go to the Cup. I had seats at the finish on the rail, and just sold them for face. For the Derby you can get 8x that.

Horses and Bourbon are the redeeming qualities of this God Forsaken Smog Catching Valley. I don't know if I could go on without them.

EDIT: Actually being able to be employed is also a redeeming quality of this place.

In an hour, I'm getting my hair cut for the first time since a month before my youngest son was born. He is 10 weeks old now. The girl who cuts my hair is smokin' hot. She's gonna be massaging my head for a while this afternoon. F'n Fantastic.

You get your hair cut at a chinese massage parlor?

Don't forget to buy the T-Shirt on the way out.

post-1934-036129200 1320425872_thumb.jpg