All About Tim Connolly

IKnowPhysics

Let me put it this way. Connolly frequently had me on the edge of my seat. Both for the amazing stickhandling,speed and creativity as well as for the give aways,brainfarts and seeming lazyness. Glad for what he was able to accomplish but also glad he's moved on. Good luck T.C.

I also wanted Connolly to leave the Sabres. He has been very frustrating and unimpressive considering his salary. However, I am confident he will perform much better in Toronto. A change of scenery will motivate him to produce. It won't surprise me if he scores 25+ goals with 70+ pts. However, I still think the Sabres are better off without him.

Connolly will retire a very wealthy man who never came close to winning anything. There's you're problem!

I also wanted Connolly to leave the Sabres. He has been very frustrating and unimpressive considering his salary. However, I am confident he will perform much better in Toronto. A change of scenery will motivate him to produce. It won't surprise me if he scores 25+ goals with 70+ pts. However, I still think the Sabres are better off without him.

Connolly will retire a very wealthy man who never came close to winning anything. There's you're problem!

He isn't going to score 25 goals - though he may get 40 assists.

He will help Toronto defensively, and on special units.

And he got some kind of modified NTC also. If that is the case Brian Burke is now my hero. Idiot. I love that Toronto has perfect fits in a coach and a GM. The most arrogant of both in the league and nothing, NOTHING to show for it. Kudo's T.O. Your fans (most of them) deserve exactly what they are getting.

And he got some kind of modified NTC also. If that is the case Brian Burke is now my hero. Idiot. I love that Toronto has perfect fits in a coach and a GM. The most arrogant of both in the league and nothing, NOTHING to show for it. Kudo's T.O. Your fans (most of them) deserve exactly what they are getting.

Oh NO!! A modified no trade clause for two years?? SIGNAL THE END OF THE WORLD IN TORONTO!!!

If TC sucks it up enough for Toronto to want to trade him, exactly what team is going to take on his salary, anyway? His salary itself is a no trade clause... lol... but really. Two year deal. "Modified" NTC. Non story.

Oh NO!! A modified no trade clause for two years?? SIGNAL THE END OF THE WORLD IN TORONTO!!!

If TC sucks it up enough for Toronto to want to trade him, exactly what team is going to take on his salary, anyway? His salary itself is a no trade clause... lol... but really. Two year deal. "Modified" NTC. Non story.

OH YES!! why bother giving it to him? Was that the deciding factor for both sides? Those two deserve each other.

OH YES!! why bother giving it to him? Was that the deciding factor for both sides? Those two deserve each other.

Maybe his modified NTC just says that under no circumstance can he be traded BACK to Buffalo ... cause he knows theyll come calling when TC is top 3 in the league in points scored. :thumbsup:

"This came after a playoff game in which Connolly skated to the Sabres bench and was asked by a television announcer why he was so glum. His answer, paraphrased: How would you feel if the entire arena hated you? "

Anyone hear that one before?

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Toronto/2011/07/12/18409871.html

No, strange that this is the first these comments are coming about. I doubt things will get any better for Connolly in Toronto.

"This came after a playoff game in which Connolly skated to the Sabres bench and was asked by a television announcer why he was so glum. His answer, paraphrased: How would you feel if the entire arena hated you? "

No...I was wondering the same thing when I read that article.

I hadn't heard that, but I'll say that the rest of the article tells far more about the reason he didn't live up to expectations than that comment does.

I hadn't heard that, but I'll say that the rest of the article tells far more about the reason he didn't live up to expectations than that comment does.

I hadn't heard that line before either. I agree with 11 about the article and TC.

That was a really good article. Thanks for posting it. Interesting that I learned more about TC from a Toronto Sun article, after TC has been a Leaf for about 5 minutes, than I learned about him from the Buffalo media despite TC being here for a decade.

IIRC it was Rob Ray. It wasn't on the air but he did relay the story, either to Rick and Harry or Kevin and Mike during the intermission.

As much as I don't like Connolly, I hope he does well in Toronto. Hockey's better when Toronto is good, it feels even better when we beat them. For as much as he has been injured in his career, he keeps coming back. There's something to be said for that.

EDIT: It may have even been the next day on Shoop and the Bulldog that Ray told that story.

I think it says alot about his character that he stopped bothering because he wasn't liked rather than play his best and win the crowd over (emo! :P), so I think it does say quite alot in that regard. But in general I think the article was a really good one.

I think it says alot about his character that he stopped bothering because he wasn't liked rather than play his best and win the crowd over (emo! :P), so I think it does say quite alot in that regard. But in general I think the article was a really good one.

He stopped bothering long, long ago. Somewhere around when the Islanders gave him a contract.

I for one never understood the hate Timmer seemed to receive from many.

I won't lie, i didn't think he was worth the money at all, but that wasn't his fault. If anything i felt bad for the guy. There's no doubt he had a ton of injuries and that he was never quite the same player since. All the info listed in the various T.O. article is interesting, but my perception of Timmy is still the same.

Connolly was not what we needed anymore, and was overpaid, but i had no personal vendetta against the man at all. Those boys in the Blue and Gold are my hero's, and i respect him. It was time for him to go, but i wish him the absolute best of luck (except when playing us).

He may not be missed by many, but he gave it one helluva try all things considering.

Cheers Tim. And good luck. :beer:

I can actually see him come back to sabres. He was unlucky last couple of years, but he has skills, and when remains injury free he'll be a valuable asset and top 6 forward in Toronto. But he'll be a possible trade deadline asset when needed in two years :D

I can actually see him come back to sabres. He was unlucky last couple of years, but he has skills, and when remains injury free he'll be a valuable asset and top 6 forward in Toronto. But he'll be a possible trade deadline asset when needed in two years :D

No.

Good to see Miller stand up for a former friend and team mate.

especially considering how it has been argued repeatedly that miller throws his teamates under the bus and is disliked...

I have no hate of TC. I am happy hes moved on but unlike Drury who i think played games with the sabres and screwed them, i do not hate and wish TC the best of luck. Leino will be better.

The truth is the guy gets a hard deal because the standards for a 5th overall pick are higher. He was rushed into the league and bought here on a really sour deal that flopped for both teams. Peca never really made the impact for NYI and Pyatt was a waste of space. Connolly did turn out to be one of our better centers, not just offensively but he was a respectable 2 way forward for a couple of seasons. The face he was overpaid isn't completely his fault. The sports industry is all about money and he management were willing to pay you that, what would you do?

He got a rough deal here and sometimes he did deserve it, but only sometimes. I would wish him the best of luck, but it's the Leafs so :P instead. :). All IMHO, obviously.

The truth is the guy gets a hard deal because the standards for a 5th overall pick are higher.

I don't think his draft status in this town was ever an issue. He wasn't a Sabre draft pick. More at issue was his salary.

He was rushed into the league and bought here on a really sour deal that flopped for both teams. Peca never really made the impact for NYI and Pyatt was a waste of space. Connolly did turn out to be one of our better centers, not just offensively but he was a respectable 2 way forward for a couple of seasons. The face he was overpaid isn't completely his fault. The sports industry is all about money and he management were willing to pay you that, what would you do?

More than anything....he was snakebit by injury. Especially the concussions.

He got a rough deal here and sometimes he did deserve it, but only sometimes. I would wish him the best of luck, but it's the Leafs so :P instead. :). All IMHO, obviously.

He didn't deserve a lot of it. Not scoring - he wasn't a goalscorer. Not trying - I never saw evidence of that.

His skills however did diminish somewhat. Especially the vision.

But don't fear. The town will find someone new to run out of town. As Clint Eastwood said in Unforgiven "Deserve aint got nuthin' to do with it."

But don't fear. The town will find someone new to run out of town. As Clint Eastwood said in Unforgiven "Deserve aint got nuthin' to do with it."

And based on recent things around here, I bet it winds up being the buddy who just defended him.

Archived