OT - Osama bin Laden Confirmed Dead

Taro T

Fixed. October '08. I'm a centrist and could give a damn peoples' stance, but lets at least be factual.

As for the election spin, maybe. However if you subscribe to that logic, than you believe this to be back page news and not worthy of an issued statement. I've got a brother with one Afghanistan tour under his belt who is green lighted for another in '12 that says otherwise.

Left, right, whatever. This is deeper than that. The fact that GW was briefed and issued a statement is telling, as he deserves much of the praise for the manhunt that is 10 years in the making. This has spanned 3 presidents. America deserves tonight, sans economy and foreign policy sheep speak.

Please, please, please...no need to think you can correct me, despite being able to. Really, not the thread, or really the forum, to continue on here. About the only thing I will stand with you on is that the Bush administration deserves some credit. However, the great, great majority of the credit goes to the boys (and girls) out in the field getting their hands dirty.

:rolleyes: Uh, okay. Probably not the thread for this, but, there's been two years of economic meltdown and foreign policy assault since.

But, for now, you go OBAMA! You use that military you loathe so much like a pawn in your game and take credit for "sticking with it despite the nay-sayers!" The "nay-sayers" who happen to be in your party, and the folks like in San Francisco who want nothing to do with the military, but, hell, WE'LL TAKE THIS VICTORY over, what, evil and injustice, and whatever other thing that helps your re-election.

Please, please, please...no need to think you can correct me, despite being able to. Really, not the thread, or really the forum, to continue on here. About the only thing I will stand with you on is that the Bush administration deserves some credit. However, the great, great majority of the credit goes to the boys (and girls) out in the field getting their hands dirty.

It's funny how you said "it's not the thread for this", proceeded to let your views be known in no uncertain terms regardless, then (lightly) admonished Braedon for doing the same in response--- JUST TEASING, I know where you're coming from, I just thought it sounded funny ;)

:beer: :beer: :beer:

But seriously, I agree it's the folks in the field that deserve the praise. The Navy SEALs responsible for carrying out this mission will never have a problem getting laid in their lifetime, that's for sure!

Shot in the head in his mansion, while using a woman as a human shield. It took nearly 10 years, but he got what he deserved, and the way it happened is soooooo much better than simply bombing him, as we had hoped we had done in Tora Bora.

Wow, the memories flood back...watching the Pentagon burn from the windows in the Capitol, the Twin Towers on TV and then receiving a call from my wife whose office was next to the Gannet buildings in Arlington, VA overlooking that side of the Pentagon telling me to get the hell out of there because another plane was in the air. It brings some relief. Not much on the revenge side of things. Just something that needed to get done! "Bout time.....

Shot in the head in his mansion, while using a woman as a human shield. It took nearly 10 years, but he got what he deserved, and the way it happened is soooooo much better than simply bombing him, as we had hoped we had done in Tora Bora.

A coward until the end.

I'm glad he's dead, but at this point it's mostly a symbolic victory. Also symbolic, and troubling, is the fact that he was living large in a mansion in Islamabad's equivalent of Amherst -- in a neighborhood where a ton of retired Pakistani military types live.

We're still here, MF. Where are you?

A coward until the end.

I'm glad he's dead, but at this point it's mostly a symbolic victory. Also symbolic, and troubling, is the fact that he was living large in a mansion in Islamabad's equivalent of Amherst -- in a neighborhood where a ton of retired Pakistani military types live.

We're still here, MF. Where are you?

Yeah. US-Pakistan relations weren't exactly great to begin with. There is no way Pakistan can honestly say they didn't know where he was now.

How does that old Chinese saying go? May you live in interesting times.

I feel safer already.

Is Trump going to make the president show us Bin Laden's birth certificate to prove that it was really him as well? :wallbash:

Although it may be hard for the Donald to I.D. him with the quick burial at sea.

Many people were upset that the programming for Donald Trump's Celebrity Apprentice was interrupted by the news late last night. Those who were watching wanted to know who was fired....... Donald Trump looks Bin Laden straight in the eye and says "You're fired."

Epic Win

More than likely, there's a seal out there somewhere who put a bullet into bin Laden's head, and hopefully he knows it was his bullet. Yeah, in the end, it should be all about the entire unit that raided that complex, but I really want to meet that guy.

Call me a bleeding heart liberal if you must (I really don't care), but I will never celebrate the murder of another human being, no matter who it is. Was this a necessary evil? Maybe. But I will never celebrate it.

Call me a bleeding heart liberal if you must (I really don't care), but I will never celebrate the murder of another human being, no matter who it is. Was this a necessary evil? Maybe. But I will never celebrate it.

Certainly don't appologize for it.

Mark Twain wrote something along the lines of; "I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure". I think this situation fits that quote.

Link

First strands on bin Laden gathered in CIA prison

(AP) – 49 minutes ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — Officials say CIA interrogators in secret overseas prisons developed the first strands of information that ultimately led to the killing of Osama bin Laden.

Current and former U.S. officials say that Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the mastermind of the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, provided the nom de guerre of one of bin Laden's most trusted aides. The CIA got similar information from Mohammed's successor, Abu Faraj al-Libi. Both were subjected to harsh interrogation tactics inside CIA prisons in Poland and Romania.

You know everyone in Cheektowaga is psyched about this.

Archived