OT - Osama bin Laden Confirmed Dead

Taro T

NBC News stating that Obama will have a press conference in a few minutes. Apparently Osama is dead.

Cool.

I don't know about you, but I got pretty uneasy when they announced an unplanned presidential press conference on a Sunday night. Breathing a little easier now and breaking out the good stuff.

I don't know about you, but I got pretty uneasy when they announced an unplanned presidential press conference on a Sunday night. Breathing a little easier now and breaking out the good stuff.

I just figured he was ###### w/ Donald Trump some more.

Maybe gas prices will go back down, now. And, while we're at it, how about a nice, economy-stimulating tax cut.

I mean, if we're talking good news from Washington, I don't want to stop with a dead terrorist leader.

Facebook and twitter are shining in glory right now. These two social media outlets are producing some of the best laughs I've had in a while. :clapping:

"DownGoesBrown: CBS says Bin Laden killed by a head shot. Raffi Torres is out of control."

Earlier, Pakistani news reported a helicopter down (presumably hit by a missle) and a series of loud explosions near PMA Kakul in Abbottabad. Makes sense why now. My hats off to our special forces... I know the "offical" word is that no one was hurt, but if all didn't make it out, then my hats off to those soldiers who carried out this mission and didn't make it back.

http://www.epakistannews.com/helicopter-crashed-in-abbottabad.html

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/world/2011-05/02/c_13854451.htm

Maybe gas prices will go back down, now. And, while we're at it, how about a nice, economy-stimulating tax cut.

I mean, if we're talking good news from Washington, I don't want to stop with a dead terrorist leader.

Baby steps. There's eight years of damage to reverse.

"Osama is dead. E5"

Damn, twice in one day. Freaking awesome again.

Baby steps. There's eight years of damage to reverse.

:rolleyes: Uh, okay. Probably not the thread for this, but, there's been two years of economic meltdown and foreign policy assault since.

But, for now, you go OBAMA! You use that military you loathe so much like a pawn in your game and take credit for "sticking with it despite the nay-sayers!" The "nay-sayers" who happen to be in your party, and the folks like in San Francisco who want nothing to do with the military, but, hell, WE'LL TAKE THIS VICTORY over, what, evil and injustice, and whatever other thing that helps your re-election.

:rolleyes: Uh, okay. Probably not the thread for this, but, there's been two Three years of economic meltdown and foreign policy assault since.

But, for now, you go OBAMA! You use that military you loathe so much like a pawn in your game and take credit for "sticking with it despite the nay-sayers!" The "nay-sayers" who happen to be in your party, and the folks like in San Francisco who want nothing to do with the military, but, hell, WE'LL TAKE THIS VICTORY over, what, evil and injustice, and whatever other thing that helps your re-election.

Fixed. October '08. I'm a centrist and could give a damn peoples' stance, but lets at least be factual.

As for the election spin, maybe. However if you subscribe to that logic, than you believe this to be back page news and not worthy of an issued statement. I've got a brother with one Afghanistan tour under his belt who is green lighted for another in '12 that says otherwise.

Left, right, whatever. This is deeper than that. The fact that GW was briefed and issued a statement is telling, as he deserves much of the praise for the manhunt that is 10 years in the making. This has spanned 3 presidents. America deserves tonight, sans economy and foreign policy sheep speak.

Archived