Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

I have had this game marked on my calendar since October. I knew it was going to be significant (but I'll admit that I thought it would be a battle for positioning and not a battle to get in.) Cannot wait. It will be tough to concentrate at work today. hoo-rah, Hoo-Rah, HOO-RAH YEA!!!!!

Philly, despite their position in the standings, has flat out sucked for two months now, if the Sabres don't clinch tonight I'll be very disappointed.

They have been MUCH worse at home then on the road. Last 13 home and road games...

Home - 2-7-4

Away - 7-5-1

Not much chatter about Enroth vs. Miller. Interesting.

That is one tough call for a coach.

Easy for me, a fan.

You dance with who brung ya.

Uh...

eh?

Okay back to hockey, Miller carried the load but the kid did get them to here over a very tough stretch and knocking on the door.

I agree these are the calls that make you a Jack Adams worthy candidate when correct or fan fodder.

Anyone know if they will be wearing the 3rd jerseys or regular home jerseys???

Blue home jerseys.

And these tidbits from sabres.com:

• Buffalo is 26-11-6 since Jan. 1; their 58 points are most in the East during that span…
  • The Sabres are 14-4-4 since Terry Pegula became owner on Feb. 22…
  • The Sabres haven’t lost consecutive games since Feb. 18-20…
  • The Sabres are 44-for-47 on the penalty kill (93.6%) over the past 15 games…
  • Jhonas Enroth has gotten points in his last seven starts (6-0-1) and is 8-2-2 this year…
  • Buffalo’s defensemen have combined for 39 goals, the most since 1990-91…
  • Buffalo has sold out 12 straight home games before tonight; 22 this season…
  • Thomas Vanek has 16 points (6+10) in his last 16 games…
  • The Sabres have two 30+ goal scorers (Vanek, Stafford) for the first time since 2007-08…
  • Tim Connolly has seven points (2+5) in his last six games…
  • Buffalo is 8-1-2 at home since Feb. 23.
  • Chz is so pumped she may pass out.

This should be a great test of a possible 1st round playoff opponent and a real good look at what are def is made of considering Philly has some great scoring talent. Gotta keep the slot clear and let whoever is in goal (enroth tonight millsy tomorrow?) get good looks at everything. Back checking and fore checking are gonna win this game as I think Philly's def can be panicky and cough up the puck sometimes. Lets GO BUFFALO! get 2 points and clinch this sucker up! 4-1 sabres win. Vanek, Staff, Ennis and Pommers all score goals

Ah, yes. That was delightful. And the early-season blowout win about 6 months later (was it 9-0?), which resulted in both Hitch and Clarkie getting canned, was also great.

Screw you, Flyers. Until the end of time.

LOVE IT! LOVE IT!

Man I'm getting all pumped up here at work, and it's not even lunch time yet! Man puck drop is SO far away!

A caller called him Enron on WGR. I thought Mike Schopp was going to have kittens. Mike Schopp, the man who to this day butchers Hasek's name. And had Miro Satan scoring in OT in Game 1 in Ottawa in 99 in his column yesterday.

Ah, yes. That was delightful. And the early-season blowout win about 6 months later (was it 9-0?), which resulted in both Hitch and Clarkie getting canned, was also great.

Screw you, Flyers. Until the end of time.

It was 9-1. I remember because I was listening to XM back then and I got the Flyers feed with Tim Saunders :sick: . Plus, I happened to be in Kansas that night. So, I couldn't hear RJ make the Mad Max "Coast to Coast" call until the morning after.

Yeah, I remember the two-fer because we were talking about it on here. Clarke quit and Hitch was fired the same day.

Is anyone else nervous about the fact that...

1.) Pegula inadvertently is putting a lot of pressure on the team tonight with this big fan appreciation night and all the alumni

2.) Miller being able to start essentially cold in the playoffs

DISCUSS....

"If you're gonna hit me with logic, Frank, I ain't got time to chit-chat."

That was awesome. I was there. The best part was after Dumont got his 3rd goal, all the hats thrown on the ice, a Flyers fans stands up in about the 5th row and throws the Flyers construction hat he was wearing all game on the ice. Classic.

I remember checking the Flyers board that night. They were just going apoplectic.

Archived