Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

How is this added pressure? :blink:

Lets see:

80+ Alumni

Contest for fans to pick a player to get their jersey

Sold out crowd PLUS the fans outside.

All the festivities leading up to a very excited atmosphere of people just craving a win....

Oh, and those playoff things too....

I'd say there's added pressure on this game ;)

Lets see:

80+ Alumni

All the festivities leading up to a very excited atmosphere of people just craving a win....

The players have said multiple times recently that they feed off the fans. The loud playoff type crowd is just what this team wants and needs to get it done. TONIGHT!

The players have said multiple times recently that they feed off the fans. The loud playoff type crowd is just what this team wants and needs to get it done. TONIGHT!

I'd agree with you...cept some people let that eat at them instead of them eatting off the atmosphere.

Here's hoping they gorge themselves on energy.

Lets see:

80+ Alumni

If this isn't the sort of team that responds positively to mounting pressure, then they can't win the Stanley Cup anyway.

Ah, yes. That was delightful. And the early-season blowout win about 6 months later (was it 9-0?), which resulted in both Hitch and Clarkie getting canned, was also great.

Screw you, Flyers. Until the end of time.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=2006020079

2.) Miller being able to start essentially cold in the playoffs

Vogl says Miller is backup tonight. Good call Lindy. If Enroth looks shaky I'd rather have Ryan than LaLime.

GREAT news. As doublequotations above stated, I too would like Miller to head into the playoffs not completely cold. Here's to hoping he plays vs. Columbus tomorrow. 4-5 days off after that.

Edit: Also, you've got to assume that Enroth stays with the team as backup when Miller starts again....right?

Vogl says Miller is backup tonight. Good call Lindy. If Enroth looks shaky I'd rather have Ryan than LaLime.

So who is the Sabres' number one goalie?

Miller can play. Two games left. A point gets you in. Your Vezina winner sits with his sweater up over his mouth.

I don't see how Enroth isn't the number one goalie.

Miller can play. Two games left. A point gets you in. Your Vezina winner sits with his sweater up over his mouth.

Ruff is already on record that Miller is number one.

But honestly, does it make sense to start a goalie just returning from an injury...in stead of one with a "hot...glove?"

I think it's the better call then forcing miller back into net. In all liklihood he gets start tomorrow for some gametime.

Let's just say.....Philly and Carolina win....

That's an awful lot of pressure to put on a guy coming back from an injury who is on record needing "tons of work" to stay focused and sharp.

Quite the story possibly

A point gets you in and then gives Miller a meaningless practice game to get back up to speed.

I don't see how Miller isn't the number one goalie.

But honestly, does it make sense to start a goalie just returning from an injury...in stead of one with a "hot...glove?"

I think it's the better call then forcing miller back into net. In all liklihood he gets start tomorrow for some gametime.

Reminds me of what Biron did in the 2005-06 campaign.

Exactly my thought. I understand the point of Ruff saying Miller is number one. I have no doubts that Miller should be number one but you really need to ride the hot goalie and since Miller has been out for the past 4 games, I would prefer to stick with what has been working. Miller will be back tomorrow and will start in the playoffs(assuming he doesn't give up 5+ goals against Columbus).

If this isn't the sort of team that responds positively to mounting pressure, then they can't win the Stanley Cup anyway.

I am not saying that this team can't rise to the occasion or that Pegula is making a bad move...I personally think the whole idea of the night is fantastic and it really means a lot to me as a fan as I am sure it does to many others...it also helps give us something that no other NHL team has right now which is also very cool...the only thing is that this game has pressure as is and this team should be able to perform but why put anymore pressure then is necessary...I don't think pegs planed it that way but what can you do

I'll bite on this. I see your point, but I think this boils down to a superstitious coach not wanting to upset the applecart. Part of coaching is being able to "feel" what's right for your team.

Miller was LAST year's Vezina winner, and clearly he hasn't played at a similar level this season. Enroth is hot, and if you're Ruff you're hoping his (and the team's) momentum carries them through this game. Then you give Miller a start tomorrow to get him back into "game shape" for the playoffs. If Enroth loses tonight, nothing really changes -- Miller is back tomorrow, with a ton of pressure.

The decision certainly opens the door for a lot of second-guessing, though...

+1

Nonsense, and don't say you weren't asking for it.

Kaleta not playing. Superstitious LR.

Interesting. Ellis is in but Kaleta is healthy-scratched?

Paul Hamilton just announced that Enroth will start tonight. No surprise to people who know how superstitious Ruff is. He's not going to change up personnel when the team is playing well, especially at the goalie position. Enroth has been really solid at home too. Perfect scenario if the Sabres can earn a point tonight and Miller can get a start tomorrow.

Archived