Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

I don't think there is any mystery to why Enroth starts over Miller. Miller isn't ready. Lindy said he looked good. The Philly press said "he didn't quite look himself". Which one do you believe now?

Perhaps ruff wants to give miller a night more of rest and relaxing and has so much faith in him as number 1 that he knows if Miller only gets a game in before the playoffs he will be just fine. A sore muscle one day could be perfectly fine the next. This game is important but Miller is clearly still working back in and the first step is putting him on the bench to be at ice leverl and feel the game. Tomorrow he will go in an play and then be all rested for the playoffs. Miller is number 1

Exactly. If Miller was 100% with no lingering injury concerns, or if the backup goaltending was poor, or if this was actually a real playoff game, or a game that would eliminate the Sabres with a loss, Miller would definitely be playing tonight. Lindy has the luxury of allowing Miller to rest more and take 60 less minutes of wear and tear before the playoffs.

If for some reason the Sabres do not clinch a spot tonight or tomorrow afternoon with a Rangers loss, Miller will definitely be in net at Columbus Saturday.

1. Incorrect. It's been reported by a few players that they idolize previous sabres, some in attendance tonight. I'm at work otherwise I'd do the necessary "googling" to find out who.

They idolize specific guys, sure. Of course many of these players are going to have a lot of respect for the Perreaults and LaFontaines of the alumni group, but you'll have a hard time finding anyone who cares that Lou Franceschetti is out there.

They idolize specific guys, sure. Of course many of these players are going to have a lot of respect for the Perreaults and LaFontaines of the alumni group, but you'll have a hard time finding anyone who cares that Lou Franceschetti is out there.

Lou Franceschetti?! SWEET.

Of course I've been asking for it. I am happier than a pig in ###### right now.

I'm just trying to figure out how anyone can say Miller is still the number one when in the biggest game of the year to date, with everything on the line, Ruff thinks the other guy gives him a better chance of winning.

I won't call Ruff on it, since he said Miller was his number one the other day. And he left the door ajar -- OK, hanging wide open -- to the idea of Enroth continuing to play once Miller returned.

1. It's not the biggest game of the year. It's one of 2 chances they have to get the single point they may or may not need to clinch.

2. There is no reason to think that LR thinks Enroth gives him a better chance of winning.

3. There is plenty of reasons to think that LR thinks that playing Enroth tonight and Miller tomorrow gives the team the best chance of winning in the playoffs.

I guess the obvious followup question would be what if Enroth is solid again tonight in a big win? If Ruff is superstitious, Miller doesn't see the crease again until after Enroth has a bad game or the Sabres lose. Miller playing in Columbus could be a much deserved rest for Enroth so Enroth can get ready for the playoffs.

Enough already. You, me and everyone else here knows that Miller is starting in the playoffs regardless of how Enroth does tonight.

Perhaps ruff wants to give miller a night more of rest and relaxing and has so much faith in him as number 1 that he knows if Miller only gets a game in before the playoffs he will be just fine. A sore muscle one day could be perfectly fine the next. This game is important but Miller is clearly still working back in and the first step is putting him on the bench to be at ice leverl and feel the game. Tomorrow he will go in an play and then be all rested for the playoffs. Miller is number 1

Exactly. If Miller was 100% with no lingering injury concerns, or if the backup goaltending was poor, or if this was actually a real playoff game, or a game that would eliminate the Sabres with a loss, Miller would definitely be playing tonight. Lindy has the luxury of allowing Miller to rest more and take 60 less minutes of wear and tear before the playoffs.

If for some reason the Sabres do not clinch a spot tonight or tomorrow afternoon with a Rangers loss, Miller will definitely be in net at Columbus Saturday.

Well said.

God forbid we don't get the point we need to clinch tonight and the pressure is on tomorrow, Lindy can put Miller in net in a do or die situation.

I like our chances...

Enough already. You, me and everyone else here knows that Miller is starting in the playoffs regardless of how Enroth does tonight.

Agreed. Seriously PA if the Sabres make the playoffs and if Miller is healthy Ryan will get the start. Period.

I'm still holding out for Tony Tanti.

If Alexei Zhitnik happens to make it onto the ice, anyone who's in the 100 Level tonight needs to keep your head on a swivel in case he decides to take one more slapshot "at the net" for old time's sake.

Agreed. Seriously PA if the Sabres make the playoffs and if Miller is healthy Ryan will get the start. Period.

It's being reported that he's the backup tonight. If Enroth stumbles, if the team stumbles and you want to shock the team and pull the goalie, if Enroth gets hurt, Miller has to go in. I assume he's healthy. If he's not, what a huge risk for Lindy to take. Again, assuming that the reporting is right. And who knows if it is?

If I had told you at the beginning of the season that the Sabres could clinch a playoff berth by beating Philly in this game, and that Miller would be dressed for the game but not start, would you have believed it?

If I had told you at the beginning of the season that the Sabres could clinch a playoff berth by beating Philly in this game, and that Miller would be dressed for the game but not start, would you have believed it?

Not likely.

Not if you asked the question that way -- ie omitting several critical facts -- but that's neither here nor there.

Haven't read the whole thread so forgive me if this has been said, but for me the perfect scenario is losing in overtime or a shootout tonite. I want nothing to do with them finishing 7th and Pittsburgh finishing 2nd.

What about finishing 3rd and drawing Boston? Losing a point tonight hurts that cause.

Haven't read the whole thread so forgive me if this has been said, but for me the perfect scenario is losing in overtime or a shootout tonite. I want nothing to do with them finishing 7th and Pittsburgh finishing 2nd.

What about finishing 3rd and drawing Boston? Losing a point tonight hurts that cause.

Winning fixes everything.. Just win baby.. Everything else will take care of itself. I don't want any part of Pittsburgh, but if its Pit, so be it.

Is anyone else nervous about the fact that...

1.) Pegula inadvertently is putting a lot of pressure on the team tonight with this big fan appreciation night and all the alumni

2.) Miller being able to start essentially cold in the playoffs

DISCUSS....

Eh, I don't think it'll sway the boys one bit. They're hitting the ice HUNGRY tonight, I can guarantee it.

Winning fixes everything.. Just win baby.. Everything else will take care of itself. I don't want any part of Pittsburgh, but if its Pit, so be it.

I can handle losing to PGH. With the exception of Matt Cooke, I have a healthy respect for them. I'd rather deal with PGH instead of the Crap Shooters.

aw crap all of a sudden life is happening and it looks like I may be OUT OF THE HOUSE for a good portion of the game. Thankfully, I have XM, but still.

:death:

I must do what I can to take control of this life and get my a$$ in the chair by 7:30. Wish me luck.

LETS GO BUFFALO!

It's being reported that he's the backup tonight. If Enroth stumbles, if the team stumbles and you want to shock the team and pull the goalie, if Enroth gets hurt, Miller has to go in. I assume he's healthy. If he's not, what a huge risk for Lindy to take. Again, assuming that the reporting is right. And who knows if it is?

Miller is probably not 100% yet. Still, a ~90% Miller is infinitely better than a 100% Lalime, so that is why he is the backup. Lindy must feel that Enroth right now (playing as hot as he has been) is at least as good as a ~90% Miller, so why not play the kid and give Miller another 24 hours to get closer to 100%.

Archived