[OT] So, the Bills ...

carpandean

Anoyone watching the Bills/Bucs game? Buffalo is either on the road for a W, or another blown lead. Here's the one point I want to make. T.O. was/is a NO NO. He was either first or second in the league last year in dropped passes, and he dropped a beautiful deep pass from Trent Edwards. T.O. has nothing to cry about to the press. He is the person at fault.

Really going out on a limb there. :)

I like TO. I watched an episode of his show, where he went home and saw his grandmother, who has Alzheimer's, in the nursing home. It was really touching, and I didn't for a moment believe it was put-on. I like the passion he brings to the game. When was the last time a Bill had the audacity to more or less demand from the coaching staff that they go for it on fourth and short?

I like TO. I watched an episode of his show, where he went home and saw his grandmother, who has Alzheimer's, in the nursing home. It was really touching, and I didn't for a moment believe it was put-on. I like the passion he brings to the game. When was the last time a Bill had the audacity to more or less demand from the coaching staff that they go for it on fourth and short?

But ESPN will find a way to call him out for that, even though every other person in the entire building was calling for them to go for it.

I have not seen his show, but I am a proponent off the cause this season. My theory is that he takes the media on his back; supports the young guys with experience in the league & knowledge of winning (subjective statement-but, this is the Bills); and brings more arrogant confidence and swagger personality that the Bills need.

I've heard he's fruitier than a three dollar bill, have not read to much into it because I dont care. As long as the Bills win clean, I am cool with that!

I have not seen his show, but I am a proponent off the cause this season. My theory is that he takes the media on his back; supports the young guys with experience in the league & knowledge of winning (subjective statement-but, this is the Bills); and brings more arrogant confidence and swagger personality that the Bills need.

I've heard he's fruitier than a three dollar bill, have not read to much into it because I dont care. As long as the Bills win clean, I am cool with that!

That guy smashes like we get up for breakfast, that's my guess. You should check out his show and see who he spends his time with. I can tell you this, it's not Jeff Garcia....

No matter what anyone says here, the ENTIRE CITY loves TO. Did you see the reaction in the stadium yesterday when he dropped the first one? Did you see the reaction when he caught the second one? He does that 10 more times this year and this team has a shot.

I think the message is clear, throw the ball down field!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Bills were clearly entertaining yesterday.

No matter what anyone says here, the ENTIRE CITY loves TO. Did you see the reaction in the stadium yesterday when he dropped the first one? Did you see the reaction when he caught the second one? He does that 10 more times this year and this team has a shot.

I think the message is clear, throw the ball down field!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If TO actually had good hands, he'd lead the league in TD receptions every year. However, he doesn't, but all that means is that if you throw it to him deep twice, you get one dropped ball that would have been a TD and one caught ball that was. That's still a ratio that I can live with.

If TO actually had good hands, he'd lead the league in TD receptions every year. However, he doesn't, but all that means is that if you throw it to him deep twice, you get one dropped ball that would have been a TD and one caught ball that was. That's still a ratio that I can live with.

Speaking of ratios, you often hear about the giveaway-takeaway ratio. Say the Bills give the ball away four times and take it away twice. That's a ratio of 4:2. How is it possible then to be, say, "minus-two on the giveaway-takeaway ratio"? I figured you'd be the guy to ask.

Speaking of ratios, you often hear about the giveaway-takeaway ratio. Say the Bills give the ball away four times and take it away twice. That's a ratio of 4:2. How is it possible then to be, say, "minus-two on the giveaway-takeaway ratio"? I figured you'd be the guy to ask.

Jocks (announcers) don't know how math works. :)

Jocks (announcers) don't know how math works. :)

Or English, for that matter. Even the old job title, "commentator," was silly; "commenter" works just fine. Of course, now they're called "analysts," as if they have some sort of Ph.D. in football and an office with a leather sofa (or an M.B.A. with a concentration in yardage, and a giant calculator. You choose.)

Two week ago McKelvin's house vandalized, this week Whitner's house is robbed while he is at the game. My home town of Hamburg, NY has truly embarassed itself. What a shame that my hometown is so classless these days.

Two week ago McKelvin's house vandalized, this week Whitner's house is robbed while he is at the game. My home town of Hamburg, NY has truly embarassed itself. What a shame that my hometown is so classless these days.

Assuming that someone from Hamburg actually robbed Whitner's house, which I'm not buying. But hey, that's what happens when people like the two of us leave town. :thumbsup:

Although I've been fairly satisfied with Edwards' performance so far this season, it's a bit shocking that he currently holds the 4th best QB rating in the league.

Meh, he's been good but the QB play in the league ain't what it used to be.

Various unreliable sources have hinted the jurry might have been taken by a guest at his house.

There's what, 2-3 elite QBs now? And one of those looks very shaky thanks to the bum knee.

Seriously:

Top Tier:

Brady (sans knee prob)

P. Manning

Brees

Next level:

Rodgers (closing in on the next level)

Rivers

Roethlisthberger (sp)

Ryan (soon to be up one level me thinks)

Warner (and oldie but a goodie)

McNabb (needs to stay healthy)

Romo (needs to win a big game...soon)

Shaub

Palmer

E. Manning

Average to above average:

Favre

Edwards (a few more games and he makes it up a notch)

Sanchez (looks good, more of a TBA)

Hasselbeck

Garrard

Penninton

Flacco

Bulger

Collins

Bad:

Orton

Delhomme

Hill

Campbell

Russell

Quinn

Cassell

Seriously:

Top Tier:

Brady (sans knee prob)

P. Manning

Brees

Roethlisthberger (sp) (his line sucks and they can't run)

Next level:

E. Manning (he's closer than Rodgers and name one of his receivers)

Rodgers (closing in on the next level)

Rivers

Ryan (soon to be up one level me thinks)

Warner (and oldie but a goodie)

Collins (every team he has been on has been a serious contender)

McNabb (needs to stay healthy)

Shaub

Palmer

Average to above average:

Favre

Edwards (a few more games and he makes it up a notch)

Sanchez (looks good, more of a TBA)

Hasselbeck

Romo (needs to can't win a big game...soon)

Garrard

Penninton

Flacco

Bulger

Bad:

Orton

Delhomme

Hill

Campbell

Russell

Quinn

Cassell

Good list. My changes, though.

I'd drop Schaub at least one level, and Romo one level. And where do you put Jay Cutler? I think he's no better than Edwards.

Hasselbeck needs to go up a level, too. Guy is ultra-productive when healthy.

I agree, Romo comes down one level. Inconsistent on one of the deeper teams in the league.

Archived