[OT] So, the Bills ...

carpandean

6-3? Really?

Think those wasted timeouts would have helped at the end there?

No.

My burning questions are:

1. When the Bills took several false start penalties from their own six-inch line, was the ref tempted to measure the half the distance penalty by asking Dick Jauron to place his schlong on the field?

2. How did Eric Mangina get a timeout with 26 seconds left when the play clock expired with 26 seconds left? Not that it matters, it just perplexes me.

Yeah, you can fire Jauron, but would it matter?

No.

My burning questions are:

1. When the Bills took several false start penalties from their own six-inch line, was the ref tempted to measure the half the distance penalty by asking Dick Jauron to place his schlong on the field?

2. How did Eric Mangina get a timeout with 26 seconds left when the play clock expired with 26 seconds left? Not that it matters, it just perplexes me.

Yeah, you can fire Jauron, but would it matter?

They wouldn't be any worse off than they are now, that's for sure.

Here's what I don't get about Ralph Wilson. He is in the twilight of his life. He has more money than he needs. He has no obvious heirs to his fortune. Why doesn't he call Mike Shanahan or Bill Cowher and offer them 10M per season to coach the Bills? You'd think that winning a championship now is more important than ever being an original AFL owner. Wouldn't you want to go all out for just one championship before heading off to reunite with Vince Lombardi? What's he saving it for? I simply don't get it.

If Dick isn't fired during the season, it'll make a number of average coach's want to come to Buffalo. Why do you ask? Because Ralph puckin' Wilson is providing better job security than education and health care services combined! :censored:

Buffalo has achieved a new low...

They hold a quarterback to 2-17 for 23 yds and one INT, a QB rating of 4, and LOSE the game 6-3. Un-freakin-believable..

Let's Go Sabres.... forget the Jills and their Jarheaded coach... no offense to Jarheads... Let's Go Sabres.

I never thought I'd see the day where I hate a Bills QB more than Doug Flutie. I was wrong.

We already knew this last week, but congratulations Sabres. You're our only hope.

I still dislike Flutie more.

Edwards is getting close with his comments.

He does not realize how easy he has it in this market.

He would be drawn and quartered elsewhere.

I still dislike Flutie more.

Edwards is getting close with his comments.

He does not realize how easy he has it in this market.

He would be drawn and quartered elsewhere.

I just don't get the Flutie hatred. He was cocky, but backed it up by winning,...whatta jerk.

Trent is just bad. It's not the line. It's not the receivers. It's him.

Or the defense won games and he got all the credit for it.

There is no way you can say that he played no part in the wins he had. You saw what happened when he didn't play. I'd rather win with a QB that I hated than lose with a QB that I liked. Hey, that's what is happening now.

I just don't get the Flutie hatred. He was cocky, but backed it up by winning,...whatta jerk.

Winning what? Grey Cups? Then...Yeah.

A tremendous talent for his size and I much enjoyed all his CFL work.

I was also there for his game-winning bootleg TD run against Jacksonville in October 2008. Awesome Bills moment.

But for me it was the playoff game against Miami when Trace Armstrong destroyed the 'magic man', forcing a fumble at the Miami 5 yard line, ending our bid to tie the game with 17 seconds

It correlates to the Kasparaitis series-winning goal let in by Hasek.

Moments we were let down by our premier players when we needed them most.

His attitude follwing the 'Music City Miracle' game sealed the deal for me.

The next season when he could have become the ultimate team player, he chose to act like an ass.

Ultimately his return to the NFL was useless.

He proved he could compete and start a few games.

No playoff wins and no ability to maintain a starting job.

If you rearrange the letter L in Flutie you can spell FUTILE.

Trent is just bad. It's not the line. It's not the receivers. It's him.

As far as Edwards is concerned, I feel he is hamstrung by the ineptitude of Jauron and I am curious to see if under a different head coach, he could flourish.

For now, he is lost and severely damaged.

He has decent offensive weapons (23, 22, 83, 11 & 81), a mediocre line and questionable coaching.

It can't be all on him.

JP would have really liked to have TO around I bet.

Thank goodness we have the Sabres.

What a luxury!

I was also there for his game-winning bootleg TD run against Jacksonville in October 2008. Awesome Bills moment.

But for me it was the playoff game against Miami when Trace Armstrong destroyed the 'magic man', forcing a fumble at the Miami 5 yard line, ending our bid to tie the game with 17 seconds

The next season when he could have become the ultimate team player, he chose to act like an ass.

I blame the Miami game on Andre Reed for getting all huffy and bumping into the ref at the one yard line. That's why Flutie was throwing there at all instead of punching it in.

I have no problem with him acting like a jerk. Wade was a pantie waste and nothing anybody says will change my mind that if Flutie was playing that game, the "Music City Miracle" would never have taken place.

When you lead a team to 10-6 it doesn't matter how you got the job, you should start in the playoffs.

As far as Edwards is concerned, I feel he is hamstrung by the ineptitude of Jauron and I am curious to see if under a different head coach, he could flourish.

He has decent offensive weapons (23, 22, 83, 11 & 81), a mediocre line and questionable coaching.

It can't be all on him.

JP would have really liked to have TO around I bet.

I used to think that as well, until I saw the replays today on CBS. He had guys open and just held it,..held it,..held it,.. until it was too late,..all game long.

Thank goodness we have the Sabres.

What a luxury!

At least for now.

I'm sure someone can come up with a decent argument that it's the coaches faults that Edwards refuses to throw down field, but I'm not buying it. Even the crappiest of QB coaches should be able to fix that issue if it could be coached out of him.

Guys, I think there's already a thread about the RJ-Flutie controversy; it's at alt.sports.football.nfl.buffalo-bills or some such. Check it out. (I think Ink has a DeLorean, if you need it to get there.)

Don't worry, this loss will emotionally cripple this feeble team. They won't win more than 4 games. They played their best game of the year in week one. They won't match it again, and New England is not all that great anymore.

just wanted to bump this and give inkie a nod -- spot funkin' on.

How about Jouron's contract and those of his assistants. You can also add the contracts of a new coach and his assistants. That's a lot of money out of Ralph's pockets. Let's not forget this is the team the does business under the 'cash to the cap' philosophy. IMO, is Ralph does make a move that money will come from the money budgeted for players next season. He's not taking a loss.

Frankly, I'd be fine with the bills spending $8MM more on GM/coach and $8MM less on players. A football team is a major enterprise -- something like $150MM+ in annual revenue and 100+ employees. I find it astonishing that the Bills continually go cheap on the 2 most important employees -- the GM & the coach, who are analogous to the CEO and President of a company. It's the ultimate penny-wise, pound-foolish move. They should pay the next Derrick Dockery $8MM less and spend the money on the right guys to run this thing. Otherwise nothing will improve.

Frankly, I'd be fine with the bills spending $8MM more on GM/coach and $8MM less on players. A football team is a major enterprise -- something like $150MM+ in annual revenue and 100+ employees. I find it astonishing that the Bills continually go cheap on the 2 most important employees -- the GM & the coach, who are analogous to the CEO and President of a company. It's the ultimate penny-wise, pound-foolish move. They should pay the next Derrick Dockery $8MM less and spend the money on the right guys to run this thing. Otherwise nothing will improve.

It would add more than just $8 mil. You have to add all of the assistants also and a top coach probably brings in assistants that cost more also.

My $.02?

Blow up the entire team, all of it. Trade TO to a contender for what we can get, if anything. Trade Evans for a 1st rounder. Trade Lynch/Jackson for a 2nd/3rd rounder. Trade our late picks along with the one we got the our RB for another 1st rounder.

Take our 1st round pick pick (1st/2nd overall? Ugh, can't believe I just said that) alongside the 2 add'l 1st rounders and draft OL/OL/QB in the 1st round.

We don't smile again for 3 years, but when we do, we smile big.

Trade TO to a contender for what we can get, if anything.

Since the other stuff certainly won't happen, this would be the only move I see possible. Trade him to the Giants, Bears, or whoever. The Bills have a decent core started on the O line. I would concentrate on the D line and obviously, a QB.

Guys, I think there's already a thread about the RJ-Flutie controversy; it's at alt.sports.football.nfl.buffalo-bills or some such. Check it out. (I think Ink has a DeLorean, if you need it to get there.)

This wasn't about the controversy.

This was about Flutie.

Short, useless, pompous-ass Flutie.

That's all.

Archived