[OT] So, the Bills ...

carpandean

Yeah, and maybe we can trade our entire offense (minus Fred Jackson) for Indy's offense (minus Addai) while we're at it. :D

edit: And just in case, let's bring in Drew Brees to back up Manning. That way when we bench the starters after starting the season 14-0, we'll still have a decent chance at winning.

Um...ok. :blink:

Dan Reeves would really complete the look. I can imagine him, Chan, Ralph and Buddy filling up the stalls at RWS, grunting in unison trying to take a dump.

Wow. You are in rare form lately.

us old men have problem talking a pee pee, because of thing squeezing around our weenies, we do dumping just fine... :blush:

Dan Reeves would really complete the look. I can imagine him, Chan, Ralph and Buddy filling up the stalls at RWS, grunting in unison trying to take a dump.

I'm becoming a broken record on this, but how is the assembling of the coaching staff going? The only position filled to date is the OC position which is nothing more than a trainee position, since Gailey has already said he is going to be calling the plays.

I'm becoming a broken record on this, but how is the assembling of the coaching staff going? The only position filled to date is the OC position which is nothing more than a trainee position, since Gailey has already said he is going to be calling the plays.

I understand your sentiments, but as we saw this season, unless your team has a QB that can make plays, your team is sunk. Lets get in a decent QB (draft preferably) and build around him. Chan may not last long enough to reap the rewards but I'll be happy if he can get the right pieces in here and let someone else figure out how to put them together.

Reeves and then Vick? I don't follow f-ball that much but I know these two.

Michael Vick is no better a football player than Fitzpatrick or Edwards at this point, not to mention his off the field transgressions. Is Dan Reeves confirmed? All I heard was speculation...

Michael Vick is no better a football player than Fitzpatrick or Edwards at this point, not to mention his off the field transgressions. Is Dan Reeves confirmed? All I heard was speculation...

Nope. Reeves isn't coming and last i heard, Bills didn't even speak with Reeves about the OC job. Instead, the Bills have hired Arizona Cardinals RB coach Curtis Modkins as their new OC. Although, not confirmed yet, several Arizona reporters say it's a done deal. Modkins worked for Gailey in KC and at GT. Last year, Cardinals were the 28th best rushing team. Although, they ran the least amount of times.

Speaking of rumors, according to Drayton Florence, Marty Schottenhiemer is interested in replacing John Guy's old position.

I thought my scenario was just as likely as Ralph staying out of the way.

My scenario didn't involved Ralph voluntarily staying out of the way, but someone forcing him to step back and let the people he hired to do their jobs actually do them. Highly unlikely? Absolutely - but not nearly as unlikely as some of the Sabres trade scenarios posted on this board.

Vick five years ago, before the dog fighting, the gambling, felony convictions, lying to his employer, the commissioner and the public, and hitting the wrong side of 30? I would have absolutely been on board with that. Now? No way in hell.

Nope. Reeves isn't coming and last i heard, Bills didn't even speak with Reeves about the OC job. Instead, the Bills have hired Arizona Cardinals RB coach Curtis Modkins as their new OC. Although, not confirmed yet, several Arizona reporters say it's a done deal. Modkins worked for Gailey in KC and at GT. Last year, Cardinals were the 28th best rushing team. Although, they ran the least amount of times.

Speaking of rumors, according to Drayton Florence, Marty Schottenhiemer is interested in replacing John Guy's old position.

Agrred. I'm not worried because I wouldn't run that ball that much either when I had Warner tossing the rock to Fitzgerald, Boldin, and Breaston...

My scenario didn't involved Ralph voluntarily staying out of the way, but someone forcing him to step back and let the people he hired to do their jobs actually do them. Highly unlikely? Absolutely - but not nearly as unlikely as some of the Sabres trade scenarios posted on this board.

The grim reaper is the only one that can successfully stop Ralph from meddling. Even he'll have a tough time though.

The grim reaper is the only one that can successfully stop Ralph from meddling. Even he'll have a tough time though.

While I am fairly certain that Ralph has a deal with the devil to continue tormenting Bills fans for another decade or so, I can't disagree. He meddles just enough to keep the Bills on the treadmill to mediocrity, but not enough to the point that the NFL has to step in and stop them from running the franchise completely into the ground.

While I am fairly certain that Ralph has a deal with the devil to continue tormenting Bills fans for another decade or so, I can't disagree. He meddles just enough to keep the Bills on the treadmill to mediocrity, but not enough to the point that the NFL has to step in and stop them from running the franchise completely into the ground.

This has Monty Burns written all over it.

Having Ralph step back is pointless now. The damage is done. Does anyone really thing the combo of Nix/Gailey would lead this team anywhere even if Ralph stayed away? It would never happen anyhow. He picked a person for GM that will do as he says and never question his judgment. Many candidates where passed over without interviews simply because they are not the type of men easily controlled.

It's sad, three years from now we will be looking back at the Jauron era as the good old days.

Having Ralph step back is pointless now. The damage is done. Does anyone really thing the combo of Nix/Gailey would lead this team anywhere even if Ralph stayed away? It would never happen anyhow. He picked a person for GM that will do as he says and never question his judgment. Many candidates where passed over without interviews simply because they are not the type of men easily controlled.

It's sad, three years from now we will be looking back at the Jauron era as the good old days.

I was as unhappy as anyone when Nix and Gailey were hired, but I think I've convinced myself that (i) there is a decent possibility that they will do a good job and (ii) there is a high likelihood that they will do better than Jauron, who seemed like a good guy but was a disaster as a head coach.

I was as unhappy as anyone when Nix and Gailey were hired, but I think I've convinced myself that (i) there is a decent possibility that they will do a good job and (ii) there is a high likelihood that they will do better than Jauron, who seemed like a good guy but was a disaster as a head coach.

12 stepper aye?

Agreed.

I know that what I'm about to say will get a lot of Bills fans PO'd at me, but I'm going to say it anyways, given that many of us are such diehards for them.

What does BILLS stand for?

Boy

I

Love

Losing

Seasons

I know that what I'm about to say will get a lot of Bills fans PO'd at me, but I'm going to say it anyways, given that many of us are such diehards for them.

What does BILLS stand for?

Boy

I

Love

Losing

Seasons

Better than

Boy I Love Losing Superbowls

but in the end, it's the same..

Archived