[OT] So, the Bills ...

carpandean

You want to know how bad the Bills are...

In the off season Denver fires their SB winning coach, they hire some young NE hotshot who is in his early 30's, they trade their franchise QB, their #1 pick was a RB when everyone thought their defense was in shambles, their starting QB has been mediocre at best in the NFL and their star WR is a disgruntled pain in the ass.

Yet here they are 4-0 with a big win against Dallas yesterday and the Bills are looking worse than expected. I am not wishing for him to kick the bucket, but this organization is doomed until the day that Ralph is no longer the owner, Brandon, Guy and Modrak are no longer your key front office staff and Jauron and his cast of clowns are no longer the coaches.

A good starting point...McCoy, Bradford or Tebow.

The question for me becomes why this team continues to generate so much interest in the media and among the fans. They are enabling the losing seasons. I can't believe we haven't yet reached the point yet where the Bills have made themselves irrelevant. There's really nothing there. Nothing. Back in the late 70s and parts of the early to mid 80s, there would be 18,000 people in that stadium, which seemed about right.

I'd take either of the first two, but I don't see what good taking a H-back/TE will do. Trent already checks down enough. ;)

Desperate times mean desperate measures. I would definitely rank Tebow behind the other two. I haven't heard too much talk as to where he will be drafted. I'lll be anxious to see how he stacks up at the senior bowl and scouting combine.

The question for me becomes why this team continues to generate so much interest in the media and among the fans. They are enabling the losing seasons. I can't believe we haven't yet reached the point yet where the Bills have made themselves irrelevant. There's really nothing there. Nothing. Back in the late 70s and parts of the early to mid 80s, there would be 18,000 people in that stadium, which seemed about right.

Regarding the fans, it's because most fans would rather have a bad team than no team.

Plus; Buffalo fans are more like college fans. It takes a lot not to back your team.

I'll never not want them to win, but I care less and less. They (the franchise, not the players) just aren't trying anymore. I don't understand why Jauron wasn't fired on Monday. If someone can give me a good reason, other than his contract, I'd like to hear it.

I'll never not want them to win, but I care less and less. They (the franchise, not the players) just aren't trying anymore. I don't understand why Jauron wasn't fired on Monday. If someone can give me a good reason, other than his contract, I'd like to hear it.

Ralph likes his new look? :unsure:

How about Jouron's contract and those of his assistants. You can also add the contracts of a new coach and his assistants. That's a lot of money out of Ralph's pockets. Let's not forget this is the team the does business under the 'cash to the cap' philosophy. IMO, is Ralph does make a move that money will come from the money budgeted for players next season. He's not taking a loss.

Dick's a helluva coach. Was Coach of the Year in fact. He clearly doesn't have the players to win. Give him better players and watch him go. He's probably getting as much out of them as anyone could. The players love him and respect him, and, anyway, who's out there any better than Dick Jauron? I'll promise you this -- Jauron wouldn't be unemployed for long.

Dick's a helluva coach. Was Coach of the Year in fact. He clearly doesn't have the players to win. Give him better players and watch him go. He's probably getting as much out of them as anyone could. The players love him and respect him, and, anyway, who's out there any better than Dick Jauron? I'll promise you this -- Jauron wouldn't be unemployed for long.

:lol:

Archived