[OT] So, the Bills ...

carpandean

Bump.

Since I'm not local, how's TO holding up? I know there was some yapping after MNF, but how about this week?

TO is just fine as far as we can tell here. The national sports media is really distorting anything he says. So far as we can tell, and I'll quote Shredd and Ragan and some other sports sources, TO is playing the role of "Elder Statesman", providing veteran leadership and guidance to players like Edwards. It would seem that, combined with AVP still feeling out his role as coordinator, things should only get better for TO here as the push is made for Edwards to get the ball down field more.

Also, I think TO knows that him getting the ball is going to depend on him making timely catches. He'll get more opportunities as the season goes on I think.

TO is just fine as far as we can tell here. The national sports media is really distorting anything he says. So far as we can tell, and I'll quote Shredd and Ragan and some other sports sources, TO is playing the role of "Elder Statesman", providing veteran leadership and guidance to players like Edwards. It would seem that, combined with AVP still feeling out his role as coordinator, things should only get better for TO here as the push is made for Edwards to get the ball down field more.

Also, I think TO knows that him getting the ball is going to depend on him making timely catches. He'll get more opportunities as the season goes on I think.

It has turned into a running joke with me during the games how ESPN will spin everything he does. His sideline celebration after the touchdown? I'm sure they'll use that at some point, zoom in on his face and use that to show how angry he is.

Today's game has to be the one that sets T.O. off. He was thrown to 4 times, but only 1 was catchable! I blame Van Pelt and Trent Edwards for this. T.O. is a type of receiver you want to test deep more than one time a game. Buffalo tried ONE time against the Saints! Buffalo's coaching flat out sucks. I'm sick of Ralph Wilson hiring below average coach's. Marv Levy is an acception. He, too, was brought in as a low cost coach, but he managed to have a great deal of success w/ the Buffalo Bills. Why can't Ralph Wilson understand a team's performance depends on the coaching staff? I'm sick of it. DICK needs to be given a pink slip. The Bills are on their way to a 4-12 season, and Dick should not be w/ the organization in week 17. Phuck Ralph, and phuck the people in management. I'm sick of Californian born QB's. I'm sick of a decade w/ no playoff games. I hope Jim Kelly is able to bring together enogh people to buy the team and keep the Bills in BUffalo. I hope Jim Kelly can put together a legitimate team.

Punting on fourth and 1 in the fourth quarter was the secret signal to run for the bus. My god, that man is dick-less.

I can't blame Trent entirely. I'd say he's one of the bright spots.

The thought struck me during the game that the MVP of this era of Bills football, going back maybe seven to eight years, has been Brian Moorman.

1. Punting on fourth and 1 in the fourth quarter was the secret signal to run for the bus. My god, that man is dick-less.

2. I can't blame Trent entirely. I'd say he's one of the bright spots.

3. The thought struck me during the game that the MVP of this era of Bills football, going back maybe seven to eight years, has been Brian Moorman.

1. Amen. That was such a horrible decision. The Belgians put up a better effort when the Kaiser invaded, for crying out loud.

2. RIght-on again. Trent Edwards was not a problem today and has not been a problem in 2009, to date.

3. Except for today. If the coach is going call for a punt from the opponent's 46 (I hated those decisions on 4th and 4, by the way, both of them--go for it against an offense that's supposed to score anyway, you know?), Moorman must make that kick hit the ground at the 6, not at the 1. Jauron screwed up the decision twice, and Moorman screwed up the kick both times, too. I liked the TD pass, but Moorman's punting today was poor for the first time in my memory.

And to think, we were supposed to lose this game because our defense wouldn't be able to contain the Saints offense. That was hardly the case until our defense finally broke under the pressure of never being able to rest.

I disagree on Trent being a bright spot today. Although coaching most certainly lead to T.O. not being thrown to enough, Trent needs to make those passes better. But then I guess the other side of the dime is that if he gets to throw deep more often, he'll develop a rhythm.

All around clunker of a game, with our defense showing that they'll show up, but the offense absolutely HAS to perform.

Have you EVER seen so many low snaps in a row?

The O line was as porous as a sieve today.

Trent doesn't look down field. He just doesn't.

Nonetheless, I see progress... Next year is looking good...

Next year? Next year?! NEXT year?! NEXT YEAR?! Next year? Next year?!

(You gotta say it like Jim Mora.)

What did Jauron think was going to happen after he decided to punt with 7 minutes left in the game?

They need to score twice to win after putting up only 7 all day, so what logic is there to surrendering possession on 4th and 1?

Let's see:

The defense needed to stop New Orleans without burning up the clock, then....

The offense had to score on the next drive, then...

The defense needed to stop New Orleans without burning up the clock, then...

The offense had to score on the next drive racing the clock.

So after 3 1/2 quarters of futility Jauron figured they had a better chance punting then trying to pick up 1 yard because after the punt they would attempt to go perfect perfect perfect perfect on 4 changes of possession.

Jauron needs to take a course in probabilities.

2. RIght-on again. Trent Edwards was not a problem today and has not been a problem in 2009, to date.

Trent wasn't THE problem, but he didn't help things much. He's got to find ways to get the ball in the hands of Evans and Owens and stop checking down to the TE and RB so much. He's got to find ways to move the ball downfield more than 5 yards at a time. And when a young O-line gets hit with a couple injuries and you have backups pressed into duty, he needs to speed up that internal clock of his and feel the rush a little sooner.

I was at the game today...

- I am sick of this team SUCKING. At the very least I was hoping for a high scoring duel(win or lose) that would have left me feeling like I got my moneys worth.

That's it! :angry:

It could be worse, you could be a Detro ... oh, wait ... it really couldn't be worse, could it?

Trent wasn't THE problem, but he didn't help things much. He's got to find ways to get the ball in the hands of Evans and Owens and stop checking down to the TE and RB so much. He's got to find ways to move the ball downfield more than 5 yards at a time. And when a young O-line gets hit with a couple injuries and you have backups pressed into duty, he needs to speed up that internal clock of his and feel the rush a little sooner.

I would bet any amount of money that no team is spending more on it's top two WR's and getting less production from them, than the Bills are getting out of Evans and Owens. I have to primarily blame Edwards for his refusal to throw the ball to them. I don't want to hear any BS about them not being open. You have to have confidence to throw the ball into tight spaces.

1 step forward, 3 steps back for Captain Checkdown. :wallbash:

I would bet any amount of money that no team is spending more on it's top two WR's and getting less production from them, than the Bills are getting out of Evans and Owens. I have to primarily blame Edwards for his refusal to throw the ball to them. I don't want to hear any BS about them not being open. You have to have confidence to throw the ball into tight spaces.

1 step forward, 3 steps back for Captain Checkdown. :wallbash:

Bingo. It wasn't something I noticed on my own, but once someone pointed it out, it became glaring - most of Trent's throws are after the receiver makes his break, looks back and Trent seemingly verifies that the receiver is indeed open. There doesn't seem to be that confidence that both are going to make the same read and he can put the ball where the WR is supposed to be. He doesn't seem to have that confidence that he can wing it in there - even though it seems that he can on most throws. He seems hesitant and tight in close games, like he is afraid of making a mistake.

Well, at least until about 7pm next week, the Bills are better than the Dolphins.

Are they? I would say they are pretty much even with the game being played in Miami. I can't seriously consider that the Bills are better then any team while Dick Jauron remains as head coach. The Bills head into every game with a huge coaching disadvantage. The only hope for the rest of the season is that the Bills make a coaching change in time to save Edward's career.

Are they? I would say they are pretty much even with the game being played in Miami. I can't seriously consider that the Bills are better then any team while Dick Jauron remains as head coach. The Bills head into every game with a huge coaching disadvantage. The only hope for the rest of the season is that the Bills make a coaching change in time to save Edward's career.

Bills currently 1-2. Phins 0-3. Game starts at 4. So until the game is over the Bills have a better record. ;)

Archived