Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

This summer is garbage. They're never going to finish the construction on our apartment with all this rain.

I feel your pain with the delays, but we have the opposite problem here ...

http://weather.gc.ca/city/pages/ns-19_metric_e.html

Yuch!!

+++++

The F version for you yanks ...

http://weather.gc.ca/city/pages/ns-19_metric_e.html?unit=imperial

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

So I have my first experience renting a storage unit. Everything is going along fine and then the guy says that I have to have insurance coverage on the storage unit. It's only $11 a month so I signed the form because I just wanted to get out of there and back to work. So I have a few minutes later to read through the agreement and part of it says that I am NOT required to get insurance on the unit.

I called my insurance company and they say that through my renters agreement I have 10% of that coverage on any belongings stored anywhere else. So now I need to log into my storage unit account and cancel the insurance.

I wonder if the guy at the storage unit company was just stupid or was just trying to add the extra insurance payment on my account because he thought I was stupid.

Is it refrigerated?  Because otherwise the bodies start to stink and the police WILL catch up to you.

Freaking inconsistent workload... last week (and the one before) I was bored out of my skull, and this week I've put in 3 consecutive 12+ hour days.  I'm still at work now trying to finish editing a report that my junior coworker drafted and wishing very much that I'd done it myself to start with instead of letting him have the first crack at it.   :(

One of my good friends really wanted to have more children, and she found out last week that it's not going to happen after their 5th and final attempt at IVF failed.  She had become pregnant with her son (who is now 2) out of "luck" after the first two rounds of IVF didn't work, and even after an extremely difficult pregnancy and delivery, they still wanted more children badly enough to put themselves through that process again.  While having kids has never been a desire of mine, I'm so sad for her because it has to be heartbreaking for them.  They're such good parents, too.  :(

One of my good friends really wanted to have more children, and she found out last week that it's not going to happen after their 5th and final attempt at IVF failed.  She had become pregnant with her son (who is now 2) out of "luck" after the first two rounds of IVF didn't work, and even after an extremely difficult pregnancy and delivery, they still wanted more children badly enough to put themselves through that process again.  While having kids has never been a desire of mine, I'm so sad for her because it has to be heartbreaking for them.  They're such good parents, too.  :(

That really does suck. The wife & I found out several years ago that we couldn't have kids and it literally brought me into a funk. I got over it, of course, but it's always going to be a disappointment. At least they have one child and can embrace that.

My complaint: I know I say a lot about the people I work with, but today was a reminder of how difficult it is working with a specific director. This person always interrupts you, asks your opinion on something and then doesn't believe it, and tells you how things should be designed and is wrong more often than not. The moment you disagree with something, they take it personally and turn it into a personal vendetta against you. :censored:

I'm really struggling with getting exercise right now. Between moving to a new apartment and the weather being generally crappy, I'm just not doing much. I used to go to the gym after work because I had nothing better to do, but now I actually have a reason to come home and it's stopping me from getting any exercise. I need to start working something back into my evenings. Until I can get back on the ice this fall I guess I'll just try running again? I don't know. It's not that much fun for me, but I don't have a better idea. 

I'm really struggling with getting exercise right now. Between moving to a new apartment and the weather being generally crappy, I'm just not doing much. I used to go to the gym after work because I had nothing better to do, but now I actually have a reason to come home and it's stopping me from getting any exercise. I need to start working something back into my evenings. Until I can get back on the ice this fall I guess I'll just try running again? I don't know. It's not that much fun for me, but I don't have a better idea. 

I've been eating very clean lately, and am down from 185 lb to 169 lb (5'8"). Struggling to keep my muscle mass though because I'm calorie deficient. I'm hoping that if I start having protein shakes I can start gaining muscle again. I have an exercise bike at my house, it's the only way I'll do consistent cardio 5 days a week. 

I've been eating very clean lately, and am down from 185 lb to 169 lb (5'8"). Struggling to keep my muscle mass though because I'm calorie deficient. I'm hoping that if I start having protein shakes I can start gaining muscle again. I have an exercise bike at my house, it's the only way I'll do consistent cardio 5 days a week.

I just went for a run. It was bad. Up from here I guess.

Same. Wish I had room for one.

Checkout this Marcy upright bike, it's the bike I have. Have had it for years and no complaints. Takes up very little room because it's not recumbent. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002KV383S/ref=asc_df_B002KV383S5095213/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=394997&creativeASIN=B002KV383S&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167134995577&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3454145128

Checkout this Marcy upright bike, it's the bike I have. Have had it for years and no complaints. Takes up very little room because it's not recumbent.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002KV383S/ref=asc_df_B002KV383S5095213/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=394997&creativeASIN=B002KV383S&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167134995577&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3454145128

That's not a bad price. Do you find there's enough resistance? How has it held up? I can be pretty hard on stuff like that.

That's not a bad price. Do you find there's enough resistance? How has it held up? I can be pretty hard on stuff like that.

The thing is built like a tank, the resistance is too much quite frankly if you crank it up all the way. You can't go wrong with this bike and it takes up very little room.

It took me years to realize that with the right exercise bike, a pull up bar, and push ups, there really is no need for a gym unless body building. 

The thing is built like a tank, the resistance is too much quite frankly if you crank it up all the way. You can't go wrong with this bike and it takes up very little room.

It took me years to realize that with the right exercise bike, a pull up bar, and push ups, there really is no need for a gym unless body building.

Agreed.

I have a hard time getting enough clean calories in my work week. I've been using Muscle Milk since my fiasco with the pneumonia. I only use one scoop at about 15g protein in almond milk. I'll have a second helping at some point in the day if my progress in the gym seems stymied or I'm having a harder than usual time at work. I should also add that I have 3 eggs, 25g meat, 25g meat, said MM and another 25-30g meat in a workday. Very slight on carbs and I'm the worlds okayest gardener so I eat 10 servings of fruit/veg a day. Maybe more. Losing muscle mass is no good. It makes your liver work harder and can lead to fatty liver. Same as drinking too much.

I have a hard time getting enough clean calories in my work week. I've been using Muscle Milk since my fiasco with the pneumonia. I only use one scoop at about 15g protein in almond milk. I'll have a second helping at some point in the day if my progress in the gym seems stymied or I'm having a harder than usual time at work. I should also add that I have 3 eggs, 25g meat, 25g meat, said MM and another 25-30g meat in a workday. Very slight on carbs and I'm the worlds okayest gardener so I eat 10 servings of fruit/veg a day. Maybe more. Losing muscle mass is no good. It makes your liver work harder and can lead to fatty liver. Same as drinking too much.

I eat a lot of fruits and vegtables, mainly apples, strawberries, bannanas, spinach and corn. That's what I snack on mostly. I have 3 large eggs for breakfast and typically a couple pbj sandwiches for lunch (organic pb and whole grain bread). Grilled chicken/ pork and rice for dinner. Days off I have a big meal of spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread. I take a Centrum vitamin for any gaps.

I don't think I'm getting enough protein in. If I start having protein shakes would that help? I don't want to lose muscle but want to remain in a caloric deficit.