Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

f##k this place

not Sabrespace, another place

I had a job I hated for a few years. I always joked that today was the day I was burning that hell hole to the ground. Wouldn't you know, another location happens to burn down one day. First call I get, coworker of mine, 'So uhhhhh....you really burned it down huh?'

I did not burn it down. :Lol:

Edited by WildCard

I had a job I hated for a few years. I always joked that today was the day I was burning that hell hole to the ground. Wouldn't you know, another location happens to burn down one day. First call I get, coworker of mine, 'So uhhhhh....you really burned it down huh?'

I did not burn it down. :lol:

54771067.jpg

I think he'd relayed that the plumber couldn't determine where the blockage was with the camera, so maybe that precludes RotoRooter? Although I don't know how they could both not know where the blockage is and also know it's tree roots, so clearly something is getting lost in translation there. But I'll pass that info along so he can try and look into it if possible -- thanks much.

He'd definitely know how far into the line the camera is when it 1st encounters the roots. A potential issue is, there may be additional points that have the same problem, but that he can't snake the camera past the 1st root to find out how severe the problem is. Can't come up w/ a readily plausible reason other than that for why the plumber can't isolate a location.

He might believe the entire line is so shot that replacement is the only option; but in a lot of cases, that total replacement isn't necessary.

Does the yard have a lot of really old trees (particularly growing near the sewer line)?

He'd definitely know how far into the line the camera is when it 1st encounters the roots. A potential issue is, there may be additional points that have the same problem, but that he can't snake the camera past the 1st root to find out how severe the problem is. Can't come up w/ a readily plausible reason other than that for why the plumber can't isolate a location.

He might believe the entire line is so shot that replacement is the only option; but in a lot of cases, that total replacement isn't necessary.

Does the yard have a lot of really old trees (particularly growing near the sewer line)?

That makes sense. It's all a little confusing since I'm relaying information 3rd-hand, so there's a good chance I missed (or misunderstood) some of what was relayed to me. But yes, there are several mature trees on the property that he's had to have pruned in the past so they don't take out power lines when the wind kicks up, so it's definitely plausible that there are root issues in more than one place. I think the utility companies were coming out today or tomorrow to mark exactly where all the lines are located.

Edit: your guess was correct. He said they ran the rooter and couldn't get very far, and the camera confirmed roots.

Edited by biodork

Started my day off right: get to work, sit down, and *RIP* there goes my pants.  I had gym clothes with me but I can't wear them for two reasons: (1) professionalism, especially with a customer visiting and (2) not allowed to wear shorts in the work place.  Had to drive all the way home (25 minutes) to change so I wasn't flashing my a$$ to everyone.  

yay.  and only 5 people saw me like that...but 3 of those 5 have the biggest mouths too so I'm not gonn hear the end of it today...

Halloween. I hate Halloween.

Semi-cimplaint. Bachelor Party and Halloween this weekend, wedding next weekend, wedding following weekend, house warming party, then Thanksgiving. . Being an adult. means your weekends are completely booked I guess. Just want two days where I do absolutely nothing

Edited by WildCard

Damn dog was sick last night and into this morning. Got up three or four times last night to let her out and then while I'm getting ready this morning I wasn't quick enough and had to clean up the hardwood floors before work. 

What a wonderful way to start the day... :doh:

Damn dog was sick last night and into this morning. Got up three or four times last night to let her out and then while I'm getting ready this morning I wasn't quick enough and had to clean up the hardwood floors before work. 

Better than carpet.

Started my day off right: get to work, sit down, and *RIP* there goes my pants.  I had gym clothes with me but I can't wear them for two reasons: (1) professionalism, especially with a customer visiting and (2) not allowed to wear shorts in the work place.  Had to drive all the way home (25 minutes) to change so I wasn't flashing my a$$ to everyone.  

yay.  and only 5 people saw me like that...but 3 of those 5 have the biggest mouths too so I'm not gonn hear the end of it today...

I had that happen before. Had to stand against a wall all day! Well, if that's the worst thing of the day, can't be that bad! :) 

I've got the flu somethin fierce and it's ruining everything. I really don't have time for this. 

Hope you feel better...it seems to be going around! 

Halloween. I hate Halloween.

Semi-cimplaint. Bachelor Party and Halloween this weekend, wedding next weekend, wedding following weekend, house warming party, then Thanksgiving. ######. Being an adult. means your weekends are completely booked I guess. Just want two days where I do absolutely nothing

It only gets worse; I wish I has gone out and done more on the weekends when I was younger and carefree. That's my advice for the day. You're never going to look back and say, "man, I wish I stayed home and watched TV more when I was 25."

Edited by MattPie

Better than carpet.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Still not ideal at 7am...

Beat me to it.  My dog is 100% housetrained and never has an accident -- except when he eats the wrong thing and vomits.  In those situations -- one of which occurred on Sunday when I was trying to watch the Bills game -- he has a strong preference for the carpet.

(OTOH, cleaning up his vomit was better than watching the 2nd half of that game, so there we are.)

Beat me to it. My dog is 100% housetrained and never has an accident -- except when he eats the wrong thing and vomits. In those situations -- one of which occurred on Sunday when I was trying to watch the Bills game -- he has a strong preference for the carpet.

(OTOH, cleaning up his vomit was better than watching the 2nd half of that game, so there we are.)

Maybe your dog had a vision of the second half which induced the vomiting.

That makes sense. It's all a little confusing since I'm relaying information 3rd-hand, so there's a good chance I missed (or misunderstood) some of what was relayed to me. But yes, there are several mature trees on the property that he's had to have pruned in the past so they don't take out power lines when the wind kicks up, so it's definitely plausible that there are root issues in more than one place. I think the utility companies were coming out today or tomorrow to mark exactly where all the lines are located.

Edit: your guess was correct. He said they ran the rooter and couldn't get very far, and the camera confirmed roots.

I had the exact same problem. Main line backing up due to roots. Every 3 months needed to have it snaked out. Had the relining done for a fraction of your estimate. This was a few years ago, haven't had one problem since.

I've got the flu somethin fierce and it's ruining everything. I really don't have time for this. 

If within 48 hours of onset of symptoms you still have time to get Tamiflu on board, but you'll need to get a office test to confirm it's flu.  I had flu a few years back but got on it right away and I was only down and out for maybe half a day.  

Mine puked up a mouse once. On carpet. I didn't notice until he was over there sniffing it looking for round #2.  :sick: :sick:

If within 48 hours of onset of symptoms you still have time to get Tamiflu on board, but you'll need to get a office test to confirm it's flu.  I had flu a few years back but got on it right away and I was only down and out for maybe half a day.  

He's been dying for over a week now. I keep saying take a day off work, effing sleep, take care of yourself. D4rk gets flus that will last for a month because he refuses to go to a doctor or stay home. I get it, no sick days, but is it really worth weeks of feeling like crap and giving it to other people? 

My complaints are work related as usual. I'll spare you.