Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I had that happen before. Had to stand against a wall all day! Well, if that's the worst thing of the day, can't be that bad! :)

Hope you feel better...it seems to be going around! 

I betcha me and Lehner got the same thing. 

Get better man!

Thanks bud. Sorry about your pants problem.  :lol: 

If within 48 hours of onset of symptoms you still have time to get Tamiflu on board, but you'll need to get a office test to confirm it's flu.  I had flu a few years back but got on it right away and I was only down and out for maybe half a day.  

Too late now. I'm past the cold sweats/aches stage and into the non-stop coughing stage. I'm probably going to get a flu shot after this is done with to make sure I don't get it again. I've never had a flu shot before.

Respiratory or intestinal?

Thankfully just respiratory. I've never had the latter *knock on wood*.

He's been dying for over a week now. I keep saying take a day off work, effing sleep, take care of yourself. D4rk gets flus that will last for a month because he refuses to go to a doctor or stay home. I get it, no sick days, but is it really worth weeks of feeling like crap and giving it to other people? 

My complaints are work related as usual. I'll spare you. 

If my company offered sick days separately from PTO I would stay home. But I want that limited PTO for vacations. I was complaining about the sub-par vacation/sick day policy here a few weeks ago, so I figured my being here looking like death all week would make my point for me.  ;)

I betcha me and Lehner got the same thing. 

Thanks bud. Sorry about your pants problem.  :lol: 

Too late now. I'm past the cold sweats/aches stage and into the non-stop coughing stage. I'm probably going to get a flu shot after this is done with to make sure I don't get it again. I've never had a flu shot before.

If my company offered sick days separately from PTO I would stay home. But I want that limited PTO for vacations. I was complaining about the sub-par vacation/sick day policy here a few weeks ago, so I figured my being here looking like death all week would make my point for me.  ;)

Honestly, I don't know where I stand on them, but I got one this year, have been around you, and *knock on wood* am not dying of your plague yet. 

And if you get the stomach flu, and you're in Buffalo and I'm in Rochester, you're staying there. That crap never fails to land me in the hospital. I have a stupid fear of vomit/vomiting on top of it all. 

And yes dear, you do look like death. Suitable halloween costume.

"Oh, Carter, what are you?"

"I'm the flu".

Effing terrifying. 

Honestly, I don't know where I stand on them, but I got one this year, have been around you, and *knock on wood* am not dying of your plague yet. 

And if you get the stomach flu, and you're in Buffalo and I'm in Rochester, you're staying there. That crap never fails to land me in the hospital. I have a stupid fear of vomit/vomiting on top of it all. 

And yes dear, you do look like death. Suitable halloween costume.

"Oh, Carter, what are you?"

"I'm the flu".

Effing terrifying. 

To be fair, my looking like death is a direct result of helping you with your Halloween costume when I should have been resting. /guilt trip  :P

To be fair, my looking like death is a direct result of helping you with your Halloween costume when I should have been resting. /guilt trip  :P

And you know damn well you didn't have to do that if you were too sick. 

And you know damn well you didn't have to do that if you were too sick. 

STOP STOP, I DON'T LIKE IT WHEN MOM AND DAD FIGHT.

Listen. I'm a man. Which means I am biologically programmed to disregard self preservation in order to do things for you.  :nana:

LIsten. I know. You're a man. Which means you are biologically programmed to die every time you get the sniffles and I have to nurse you back to health on the weekends.  :sick:

Beat me to it.  My dog is 100% housetrained and never has an accident -- except when he eats the wrong thing and vomits.  In those situations -- one of which occurred on Sunday when I was trying to watch the Bills game -- he has a strong preference for the carpet.

(OTOH, cleaning up his vomit was better than watching the 2nd half of that game, so there we are.)

My dog is the exact opposite. She rarely has accidents anymore but when she does piss or in the house it is always on the carpet. Luckily I keep 2 puppy piss pads in her 2 favorite spots and if she does have to go because no one is home to let her out she usually goes on one of the pads (as long as we have them out). However, when she throws up it's always on the kitchen floor. I've never seen one bit of dog puke anywhere in the house but on the kitchen floor. At least she's consistent though, so I don't complain much.

It certainly wouldn't hurt to get one, especially if you haven't had a test to confirm that you actually had influenza.  If you have then the good news is that you will now have a high protective Ab titer against at least one of the circulating strains this flu season and are unlikely to become infected again if challenged with the same viral subtype/strain.

Respiratory influenza is the only real "flu" and is usually by far the more dangerous illness to deal with, "stomach flu" is known medically as gastroenteritis.

Where to begin ...

Firstly, Alzheimer's.

A good friend and neighbours's husband has it and it's getting pretty bad.  On Thursdays she (his wife) has a 2 hour respite when a caregiver comes to sit her husband.  He just "escaped" ... it's cold here today and my wife just noticed him walking up the street without a jacket on.  The care person was following closely and caught up with him.  I grabbed my hat and jacket and followed at a respectful distance just in case and to be sure that they made it back home.  They just went around the block, but at other times he escapes and just wanders around.

Poor man and his wife is pretty much at her wits end.  F Alzheimer's!!

Secondly, nasty neighbours.

We have lived in our house since we moved to Halifax 18 years ago.  We like it, but in that time several neighbours have changed.  We seem to be surrounded by real nasty people.

Anyway, as some of you may recall, although I have not said too much about it, but my wife has chronic health issues that are quite severe.  

The main reason that I took the break from here was to deal with a problem that our next door (nastiest of the nasty) neighbour did their driveway using stone. They used a compactor to pack in the sandy gravel around the stones.  It made such a dust storm that it got into our house, even with all the windows closed.  It is not so bad for me, but it was a huge problem for my wife.  We spent many hours in clean up mode and it is still not quite there, but it's coming.  Our neighbours are impossible to deal with and they insist that there is no problem.  Well, F them too!!  

Power's out for the second time in a week. I was late to work because I had to go over to my girlfriend's to shower.

And I'm tired.

Otherwise, :thumbsup:

Can't shower in the dark? 

Where to begin ...

Firstly, Alzheimer's.

A good friend and neighbours's husband has it and it's getting pretty bad.  On Thursdays she (his wife) has a 2 hour respite when a caregiver comes to sit her husband.  He just "escaped" ... it's cold here today and my wife just noticed him walking up the street without a jacket on.  The care person was following closely and caught up with him.  I grabbed my hat and jacket and followed at a respectful distance just in case and to be sure that they made it back home.  They just went around the block, but at other times he escapes and just wanders around.

Poor man and his wife is pretty much at her wits end.  F Alzheimer's!!

That's horrible. My mom has Parkinson's which is bad enough. So stubborn, she just does not want to accept she needs help so its a struggle just to get her to acknowledge she needs help with stuff. She is not totally terrible yet and lately she has been exercising which helps, but not good. At least her mind is still there though 

It certainly wouldn't hurt to get one, especially if you haven't had a test to confirm that you actually had influenza.  If you have then the good news is that you will now have a high protective Ab titer against at least one of the circulating strains this flu season and are unlikely to become infected again if challenged with the same viral subtype/strain.

Respiratory influenza is the only real "flu" and is usually by far the more dangerous illness to deal with, "stomach flu" is known medically as gastroenteritis.

I'm still unclear as to what kind of flu they are talking about when professional athletes miss games. Does Lehner have the flu flu? They come back so quickly, I have to believe it's (usually) stomach flu.

I'm still unclear as to what kind of flu they are talking about when professional athletes miss games. Does Lehner have the flu flu? They come back so quickly, I have to believe it's (usually) stomach flu.

Likely it is the stomach flu or some other kind of sickness. Flu/sickness is probably on par with the old upper/lower body injury. Keeping information close to the vest.

i think it's usually just a generic term they use for either case, sometimes they might just have a bad cold caused by a non-influenza virus and they just call it flu.  I've known two otherwise healthy people around my age (40-ish) who have been hospitalized with real respiratory influenza.  I had it in my late 20's once and it was only then that I fully understood how people can die from it.

i think it's usually just a generic term they use for either case, sometimes they might just have a bad cold caused by a non-influenza virus and they just call it flu.  I've known two otherwise healthy people around my age (40-ish) who have been hospitalized with real respiratory influenza.  I had it in my late 20's once and it was only then that I fully understood how people can die from it.

I had what I think was the flu in my early 30s and I did nothing but sleep and eat a little bit for a week straight. I was out of sorts for another two weeks afterward.