Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

This is going to sound like a weird complaint, since I won.

I took my pool company to arbitration with the BBB on Wednesday. I spent a good deal of time documenting the things that needed to be fixed and the problems I had with this company honoring their warranty. What was at stake was an 18K repair job to my original 28K refurb.

I had a killer presentation and argument that I went in with.

My pool company shows up and had nothing prepared. Nothing!!!

While the results of the arbitration won't be known for 10 days, it was pretty obvious the arbitrator sided with us and clobbered the guy after we clobbered the guy.

I was really sweating this as I didn't opt for the expense of a lawyer.

So I clobbered him and I am annoyed.

Why, because this guy didn't come prepared for such a big decision. I know he figured he was going to get clobbered, but come on man, mount some kind of defense. It was so weak, it was pathetic...

I actually felt sorry for him.

Sheesh

Edited by wjag

And now a real complaint.

a month or so ago, I decided I wanted to add HBO to my CRAPTV lineup.

I went to the web site and began the upgrade. The web site told me my old channel lineup plan was obsolete and if I wanted HBO I needed to change to the current plan.

I selected the plan I figured was closest to what I had and did the program switch.

Not only did they increase my price, but they don't include NHL Network nor NBCSN.

I realized I could not watch the draft without NHLN, so I went on the site to upgrade today.

My package already costs 66/mo. The next level up adds a whole bunch of channels I don't care about but does add back NBCSN. That is 73/mo. However, it does not add NHLN back it. For that I have to go to the next level which is a bunch more channels I don't care about and NHLN. That is 81/mo/

Thieving Bastard*s

I guess no draft for me.

Edited by wjag

After so many damn people decided to stream the soccer game at work today that the internet was almost useless (took me 5 or so tries to place an order since the site kept crashing), this afternoon we started getting a message on certain websites saying they were blocked per administrator policy since they were for "sports and recreation". Which means no SabreSpace, ESPN, NHL, etc tomorrow during draft day, or next week during free agency. I don't blame people for wanting to watch since people will get away with anything they can, but the IT folks probably should've seen this coming and just put a temporary block to encourage people to go out to lunch and watch off-campus. Perhaps the most infuriating part is that it only blocks these sites if you're accessing them from a University-owned machine that requires a login, so it doesn't affect anyone accessing our network with a personal laptop (and those are probably the main offenders because they're primarily students). ARGH.

I've had problems with squirrels digging into my flowers all week, and tonight I came home to find the rabbits had eaten all the leaves off the new clematis I planted less than two weeks ago. Every. Last. One. This means war.

Edited by biodork

The website to renew your NYS fishing license may be the worst website I have ever had to use. I'm still not sure if I even have one for this year. Also, they moved the year start to September 1. They probably figure by cutting the season in half they will get people to buy more of them.

At least they lowered the out of state fee from $70 to $50.

The website to renew your NYS fishing license may be the worst website I have ever had to use. I'm still not sure if I even have one for this year. Also, they moved the year start to September 1. They probably figure by cutting the season in half they will get people to buy more of them.

At least they lowered the out of state fee from $70 to $50.

I'm not sure about out of state licences but I'm pretty damned sure the 1 yr licences have changed so they are now 1 yr from the date of purchase. Its worth a phone call to look into it.I

I'm not sure about out of state licences but I'm pretty damned sure the 1 yr licences have changed so they are now 1 yr from the date of purchase. Its worth a phone call to look into it.I

Is that right? That would be very cool. When you print it actually has both sets of dates on it making it very confusing.

I realized I could not watch the draft without NHLN, so I went on the site to upgrade today.

My package already costs 66/mo. The next level up adds a whole bunch of channels I don't care about but does add back NBCSN. That is 73/mo. However, it does not add NHLN back it. For that I have to go to the next level which is a bunch more channels I don't care about and NHLN. That is 81/mo/

I guess no draft for me.[/size]

FYI round 1 of the draft Friday is on NBCSN at 7pm. Then on Sat. rounds 2-7 are on NHLNet at 10am.

Josie and I were finally going to get a chance to head out to Wednesday cruise night at Log Cabin in Mendon (It's the best cruise night around) last night. I got downtown to pick her up at work and my car proceeded to die in road right outside her office.

With the help of a few strangers we were able to push my big ol Buick into a parking lot where I had to have it towed back out to the burbs. Fortunately it's the 4th of July weekend so I don't need to be able to get to work until Monday, but they wont be able to look at it today so I wont know if they can fix it and how quick until Monday morning.

I suspect it's just an alternator failure, but who knows.

After a night shift that went pretty decent my manager kept calling me all morning

1. because one of our clients called another one a "abortushead" 3 weeks ago, and ###### now hit the fan :D

2. because they misloaded two humain remains sending algerian dude to turkey and vice versa the shift before me.

3. because some idiot forwarder didn't declare a shipment to be dangerous and they found out at next transit station.

I slept like 4 hrs all day ###### bastards :censored:

Edited by Heimdall

This morning on the way to work I was third in line waiting to turn right onto a street while a pedestrian was in the crosswalk. Another car was coming the other direction waiting to turn left. The three right turning cars all start moving at just about the same time. The first two make the turn and then out of nowhere the guy turning left decided to force his way past me. I was maybe 10 feet off of the bumper of the car in front of me, both moving at the same spped and somehow this asshat thought it was his turn to go (and no one was behind me). The guy pretty much floored it to force his turn. It made absolutely no sense. He was fine waiting for the first two, but apparently three cars is too much. And it was clear sailing right behind me.

I'm really not going to miss the ridiculously impatient drivers out here.

After a night shift that went pretty decent my manager kept calling me all morning

1. because one of our clients called another one a "abortushead" 3 weeks ago, and ###### now hit the fan :D

2. because they misloaded two humain remains sending algerian dude to turkey and vice versa the shift before me.

3. because some idiot forwarder didn't declare a shipment to be dangerous and they found out at next transit station.

You have got to tell us what you do for a living.

My complaint is that i've never called anyone an "abortushead" - that really should be in my vocabulary.

My complaint is that i've never called anyone an "abortushead" - that really should be in my vocabulary.

I need some clarification on this term. Does it mean that the individual the term is directed at should have been aborted? Or does it mean someone doesn't approve of abortion and can't stop telling everyone about it? I need to know more.

Is it sad that you volunteer to work the night before a holiday weekend? I'm doing this tonight and I did this the Friday of Memorial Day weekend. Granted, the first time was 2 hours (where everything went more smoothly than I could have anticipated) and tonight should be no more than that, but why do I do this? Because I trust myself to get the work done the right way and more quickly than my boss or co-worker...that's why.

Yes...it could be worse and I know others are out there working 2nd and 3rd shifts tonight, but I'll have already put in 8+ hours today and I'd rather not have to come back in around 8:00 when I could be home relaxing with a few cold ones.

Thought I had a kidney stone. Went and had a CT last week. Found out yesterday that it is not a kidney stone. Had to go get blood work done today (they drew 5 vials), and had to pee in a cup. fun times, except what I thought should only take an hour took two becuase driving thru Ithaca this time of day (especially coming back down from the hospital) is just terrible. I didn't know SMALL cities could have so many traffic issues.

THe worst part about this is I have no idea what's wrong with me :unsure:

Is it sad that you volunteer to work the night before a holiday weekend? I'm doing this tonight and I did this the Friday of Memorial Day weekend. Granted, the first time was 2 hours (where everything went more smoothly than I could have anticipated) and tonight should be no more than that, but why do I do this? Because I trust myself to get the work done the right way and more quickly than my boss or co-worker...that's why.

Yes...it could be worse and I know others are out there working 2nd and 3rd shifts tonight, but I'll have already put in 8+ hours today and I'd rather not have to come back in around 8:00 when I could be home relaxing with a few cold ones.

I'm working the whole weekend too. I'll be sure to check in on the board while everyone else is outside having fun!

Thought I had a kidney stone. Went and had a CT last week. Found out yesterday that it is not a kidney stone. Had to go get blood work done today (they drew 5 vials), and had to pee in a cup. fun times, except what I thought should only take an hour took two becuase driving thru Ithaca this time of day (especially coming back down from the hospital) is just terrible. I didn't know SMALL cities could have so many traffic issues.

THe worst part about this is I have no idea what's wrong with me :unsure:

What made you think you had a kidney stone in the first place? Pain? The CT would pick up pretty much anything serious in the abdomen even if not related.

What made you think you had a kidney stone in the first place? Pain? The CT would pick up pretty much anything serious in the abdomen even if not related.

blood in urine at times, and pain. I wasn't sure what it was, and Dr thought Kidney stone. Then had CT to confirm...except it didn't confirm anything. Dr doesn't think it's cancer or anything really serious, but we both want to know why there's been blood in my urine on and off and what it can be attributed to.

blood in urine at times, and pain. I wasn't sure what it was, and Dr thought Kidney stone. Then had CT to confirm...except it didn't confirm anything. Dr doesn't think it's cancer or anything really serious, but we both want to know why there's been blood in my urine on and off and what it can be attributed to.

Fiance rabbit punching you in your sleep? :unsure:

Hopefully the Dr is right and it's not too serious. Good luck w/ it.

Well the good thing is a CT is probably going to catch something serious. Hopefully just a goofy infection or something. Make sure he checks the family jewels. Every guy that has been hit there knows how the pain shoots to your abdomen. Usually if that is the case, it is more of a pulling or dull ache instead of a sharp pain though.

Well the good thing is a CT is probably going to catch something serious. Hopefully just a goofy infection or something. Make sure he checks the family jewels. Every guy that has been hit there knows how the pain shoots to your abdomen. Usually if that is the case, it is more of a pulling or dull ache instead of a sharp pain though.

I'm going to see a urologist next week, and that's something my primary care physician mentioned too. I was hit pretty hard in the jewels several years back with a foul ball when I was umpiring (see the injury thread), but I didn't think that'd be the cause. We'll see.

Fiance rabbit punching you in your sleep? :unsure:

Hopefully the Dr is right and it's not too serious. Good luck w/ it.

If it turns out to be the first one, the doc is wrong and that is serious! ;)

that aside I'm hoping so as well. thanks for the well wish.

I'm going to see a urologist next week, and that's something my primary care physician mentioned too. I was hit pretty hard in the jewels several years back with a foul ball when I was umpiring (see the injury thread), but I didn't think that'd be the cause. We'll see.

If it turns out to be the first one, the doc is wrong and that is serious! ;)

that aside I'm hoping so as well. thanks for the well wish.

Good deal. If something was going on down there, it usually doesn't cause blood....but glad they are checking.