Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

the complaints themselves are more of a nuisance to the flow of the overall news. the news is great but I am bound to not say anything yet. There's a complaint: not being able to share potentially superb news until after a chain of events occurs.

and my company saying 3% was max was just a figure they could use to say "hey, we can hand out raises up to 3%" even though the average was close to 2.0%. so only select ppl got that 3%.

If the person requiring you not to disclose the news learns of these hints, you may have an additional complaint.

Been waiting all week for this:

Talked to my tenant a month ago. He said they'd definitely be signing a lease for another year. Last friday "Uhhh...yeah...we're not coming back." Now I have to rent out this apartment in a month or start losing money, plus I'm going on vacation this next week, so I can't be home to show it. Then yesterday I had 3 people bail on coming to see the place without telling me, meaning I sat on my ass doing nothing for an hour and a half waiting for people who just never showed. I had made an appointment with one not 3 hours before then! Argh.

That being said, if anyone is looking for a gorgeous 3 bed apartment in the Elmwood Village, hit a brother up.

Water bubbles / blister in the ceiling below a second floor bathroom ... :censored:

Our plumber, who is very good, is on vacation and his staff are swamped ... :censored:

Our friend from Croatia is a realtor, so has many connections ... :wub:

Spoke with a nice guy ... plumber ... Bosnian Muslim ... :flirt:

In typical Bosnian Muslim fashion he can't come tomorrow ... Friday Prayers? ... nope ... going fishing with his buds ... :ph34r:

Anyway, my Bosnian is good enough to convince him to come by on Saturday afternoon ... :thumbsup:

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

I now have Time Warner cable

My experience with TWC has been better than it was with Comcast or Adelphia, but nowhere near as good as what I hear from people who have FiOS or U-Verse. My complaint is that neither of the last two are available in Buffalo.

When is the UB AD going to add Men's Lacrosse and Men's Hockey to the sports they play, and drop two other sports? Not only does he have a huge hockey and lacrosse hotbed to draw from, they are two sports that potentially could generate revenue via attendance(if they get in the right conference) as they are both popular here in WNY.

When is the UB AD going to add Men's Lacrosse and Men's Hockey to the sports they play, and drop two other sports? Not only does he have a huge hockey and lacrosse hotbed to draw from, they are two sports that potentially could generate revenue via attendance(if they get in the right conference) as they are both popular here in WNY.

I think you answered your own question with the conference thing, at least when it comes to hockey. There's too much flux there right now and they're not going to land in a worthwhile spot anytime soon.

My experience with TWC has been better than it was with Comcast or Adelphia, but nowhere near as good as what I hear from people who have FiOS or U-Verse. My complaint is that neither of the last two are available in Buffalo.

I had FiOS internet when I lived by UB south.

Well the couple that wanted to buy our house backed out, because there was too much moisture under the house. This is the south and it had rained the previous three days. Two experts came in and told them it was no big deal, but their parents to them to walk, so they did. Now we're back to square one.

I have two stepsons, 13 & 12. The oldest has been living with his Dad in Hawaii for the past year. The whole year he was out there we were told everything was great, but come to find out, things weren't going well. He spent the summer here with us, and his brother went out to Hawaii, and just went back last Wednesday. Sunday night we get a text saying he needs to come back, that his Dad can't deal with him anymore, and basically kicked him out. So we had to cough up $1100 for a last minute one-way ticket to fly him back. His Dad didn't even let him use a suitcase, just two bookbags. He came back with only 3 shirts and two pairs of shorts. No underwear besides the pair he was wearing, socks, shoes (just a pair of flip flops), etc. My wife was livid. Plus she's due in 4 weeks. Oh, yeah and come to find out he failed 6th grade. Dad never followed up with him on anything, and said he needed to be a man and take care of himself. Now my wife is trying to get him registered for school today.

We're living pretty cosy at the moment. Soon to be 5 kids in a 1300 SF house. Ugh.

Well the couple that wanted to buy our house backed out, because there was too much moisture under the house. This is the south and it had rained the previous three days. Two experts came in and told them it was no big deal, but their parents to them to walk, so they did. Now we're back to square one.

I have two stepsons, 13 & 12. The oldest has been living with his Dad in Hawaii for the past year. The whole year he was out there we were told everything was great, but come to find out, things weren't going well. He spent the summer here with us, and his brother went out to Hawaii, and just went back last Wednesday. Sunday night we get a text saying he needs to come back, that his Dad can't deal with him anymore, and basically kicked him out. So we had to cough up $1100 for a last minute one-way ticket to fly him back. His Dad didn't even let him use a suitcase, just two bookbags. He came back with only 3 shirts and two pairs of shorts. No underwear besides the pair he was wearing, socks, shoes (just a pair of flip flops), etc. My wife was livid. Plus she's due in 4 weeks. Oh, yeah and come to find out he failed 6th grade. Dad never followed up with him on anything, and said he needed to be a man and take care of himself. Now my wife is trying to get him registered for school today.

We're living pretty cosy at the moment. Soon to be 5 kids in a 1300 SF house. Ugh.

It's pretty obvious here who "needs to be a man."

I know it's cliche and all but keep hanging in there! You'll come out on top of this.

Eeesh, CSB. You really are long overdue for some better fortunes. What kind of dad wants nothing to do with his own kids? Cut that M-Fer off and be done with it, for your sake and the boys'.

My complaint is lame, but I think I gave myself a minor rib injury gardening last weekend (of all things). I was standing on a step ladder to prune an overgrown lilac bush across the fence, and I couldn't get much leverage with the lopping shears so I used my rib cage to brace the one handle and pull the other one towards me. Worked a couple times, but the 3rd time something gave and it didn't feel so good. Could be a lot worse, but abdominal exercises are now off-limits because they make it worse and then it hurts to breathe. Ugh.

I wonder why your current wife left him? Hmmmm

My complaint? Found out my dog has cancer. Malignant grade 3 soft tissue sarcoma came back on the biopsy. ###### cancer.

Says the male....

If i remember those last few weeks correctly, it's not so bad for the male.

Me too... No big deal, right? What's all the fuss about?

She's in total agreement with me. :) The sooner the show it on the road, the sooner it's over and we get to the good stuff.

Edited by MattPie