Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I went in for the my first complete adult checkup since, uh, ever (went to a doc in a hurry back in 08 for heart palpitations and anxiety and ended up having to have a brain MRI with contrast; never figured that one out; plus the doctor reading it ended up being out of network and I got billed a small fortune; I swore off doctors, until now). I feel pretty good but made the mistake of honestly filling out the questionnaire and volunteering some information, so now I have orders for bloodwork; an echocardiogram; consultation with a surgeon for colonoscopy, inguinal hernia surgery (and they're twins!) and an enlarging mole on my foot; and a sleep study!

I shouldn't complain. Maybe I'll get some peace of mind, quit being so neurotic and stop acting as my own physician (University of Google).

I went in for the my first complete adult checkup since, uh, ever (went to a doc in a hurry back in 08 for heart palpitations and anxiety and ended up having to have a brain MRI with contrast; never figured that one out; plus the doctor reading it ended up being out of network and I got billed a small fortune; I swore off doctors, until now). I feel pretty good but made the mistake of honestly filling out the questionnaire and volunteering some information, so now I have orders for bloodwork; an echocardiogram; consultation with a surgeon for colonoscopy, inguinal hernia surgery (and they're twins!) and an enlarging mole on my foot; and a sleep study!

I shouldn't complain. Maybe I'll get some peace of mind, quit being so neurotic and stop acting as my own physician (University of Google).

I thought GoDD was your doctor?

You have got to tell us what you do for a living.

Just work at brussels airport, cargo handling.

Trucks, Planes (full freighters and passengers) , Dangerous goods. Exciting job, certainly seeing they only let people go and never hire anyone extra.

See how far they can go with a skeleton crew :P

Mainly cause of competition from global handlers like WFS and Swissport who try to price us out of Brussels and Amsterdam. ###### making like a 10 million € loss a year on those two stations alone for it.

Edited by Heimdall

Just work at brussels airport, cargo handling.

Trucks, Planes (full freighters and passengers) , Dangerous goods. Exciting job, certainly seeing they only let people go and never hire anyone extra.

See how far they can go with a skeleton crew :P

Mainly cause of competition from global handlers like WFS and Swissport who try to price us out of Brussels and Amsterdam. ###### making like a 10 million € loss a year on those two stations alone for it.

I have a Sabrespace business proposition.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Maeq338BXNI

Frickin' computers... I have a laptop that I don't use much. I haven't turned it on for about 45 days. I turned it on this morning at 8:00 and it is still updating (15 updates before the first reboot, 59 this time). All I wanted to do was update my iTunes and here I am 4 1/2 hours later still waiting for the frickin' thing to get done. (Yes, I work in tech support and I know I should be turning the thing on more often. It's just that I use my tablet much more often...)

Our Manotowoc 2250(crawler crane) collapsed mid day with a 66,000 lb load on the hook two weeks ago. By the grace of God, no one died. After many hours of questioning, even more of inspecting and some 17 hour shifts removing the dangerous parts, the last of this maniacal beast hit the road today(25th load). I am beside myself with worry that it isn't done hurting people. All trucks have proper permits and are loaded well but after seeing it crash to the ground for no apparent reason.....I am spooked!

The paint on my porch has been peeling and in need of repainting for a while, and someone had suggested I try chemical paint stripper. Found a non-toxic one with great reviews, tried it the other weekend, and not only did it not remove much paint, the porch looks worse than before because there's a pale pink cast to it even after heavy washing. Ugh.

And the annoying old lady who lives in the other half of my duplex is giving me grief again. First she sent a letter asking me to trim the lilac bush before it becomes a problem with the fence (a legitimate request). She also mentioned that our neighbor across the street had told her about a defect in my porch roof (thanks a lot, man) and that she hopes there isn't damage on her side that I would have to fix. I sent a polite note back letting her know I would take care of the trimming as long as she didn't mind me coming on her side to access the taller branches, and that I would certainly let her know after I've had an estimate on the porch roof if the contracter determines it concerns her as well. A few days later I get a long note asking again to make sure I have the contractor look at her side of the porch so I can have it fixed and suggesting how I should trim the lilac on my side of the property. She goes on to tell me she wants to be present for both projects but she's not an early riser, blah blah and it would have to be after 11am.

1) I don't need her supervision to trim my plants any more than she needs mine to cut her lawn.

2) I already made it clear I would let her know if the problem with my porch affects hers, and she has no reason to believe I won't because I was overly accommodating of her 3 years ago when she decided to make a stink about the fence that had been placed 15 years and 3 owners prior to me.

3) Bitch, you're the one who is retired; I'm not scheduling a contractor for 11am during the week when I should be at work just so your old annoying ass can stand there and make a nuisance of yourself. And I know you're awake earlier than that because I can hear you talking to yourself all morning while I get ready for work.

She's always trying to make me feel bad for her because she's always telling me about her age and health problems, but I don't owe her a GD thing and she's making me miserable.

Edited by biodork

That's one thing that worries me about my move to Raleigh. At least at first we will probably be in some sort of rental complex that has lots of other people around. I can just see getting stuck with someone miserable. My wife would be a total pushover in the situations you just described, but I would make it hell for the other person.

My other concern is that as of today, we are two weeks away from being homeless. Every place we have tried to rent so far has been given to someone else instead. I get the feeling that they lean heavily towards people already in state. It has gotten so desperate that I actually have my mom looking at three different places today (she just moved down that way last week). I'm 32 years old and married and I need my mom to look apartments for me. I can't believe I've reached that point.

Bio! Old annoying ass! That's it, I'm sending out the signal to all my fellow old annoying ######. Your life just got so much worse.

I love the smell of Ben Gay in the morning!!!!!

HOOOOOO AAHHHHHHHHHH, right after lunch at 11, it's on!!!!

That's one thing that worries me about my move to Raleigh. At least at first we will probably be in some sort of rental complex that has lots of other people around. I can just see getting stuck with someone miserable. My wife would be a total pushover in the situations you just described, but I would make it hell for the other person.

My other concern is that as of today, we are two weeks away from being homeless. Every place we have tried to rent so far has been given to someone else instead. I get the feeling that they lean heavily towards people already in state. It has gotten so desperate that I actually have my mom looking at three different places today (she just moved down that way last week). I'm 32 years old and married and I need my mom to look apartments for me. I can't believe I've reached that point.

Why Raleigh? Seems unnecessarily far from Duke.

What area are you looking for apartments in? I know some people who work in apartment management locally.

And I wouldn't worry too much about neighbors in apartments around here. I rented for a year when I first moved down here and you couldn't a response to a "good morning" much less have people pry into your business.

Edited by Claude_Verret

What area are you looking for apartments in? I know some people who work in apartment management locally.

And I wouldn't worry too much about neighbors in apartments around here. I rented for a year when I first moved down here and you couldn't a response to a "good morning" much less have people pry into your business.

It's probably going to be Apex at this point. Hopefully today goes well.

And freeman, I've just heard better things about these areas than Durham. A lot of the people I will work with seem to live in Cary/Apex. Also my wife is aiming for schools in the areas surrounding Raleigh so it should be very convenient for her.

The paint on my porch has been peeling and in need of repainting for a while, and someone had suggested I try chemical paint stripper. Found a non-toxic one with great reviews, tried it the other weekend, and not only did it not remove much paint, the porch looks worse than before because there's a pale pink cast to it even after heavy washing. Ugh.

And the annoying old lady who lives in the other half of my duplex is giving me grief again. First she sent a letter asking me to trim the lilac bush before it becomes a problem with the fence (a legitimate request). She also mentioned that our neighbor across the street had told her about a defect in my porch roof (thanks a lot, man) and that she hopes there isn't damage on her side that I would have to fix. I sent a polite note back letting her know I would take care of the trimming as long as she didn't mind me coming on her side to access the taller branches, and that I would certainly let her know after I've had an estimate on the porch roof if the contracter determines it concerns her as well. A few days later I get a long note asking again to make sure I have the contractor look at her side of the porch so I can have it fixed and suggesting how I should trim the lilac on my side of the property. She goes on to tell me she wants to be present for both projects but she's not an early riser, blah blah and it would have to be after 11am.

1) I don't need her supervision to trim my plants any more than she needs mine to cut her lawn.

2) I already made it clear I would let her know if the problem with my porch affects hers, and she has no reason to believe I won't because I was overly accommodating of her 3 years ago when she decided to make a stink about the fence that had been placed 15 years and 3 owners prior to me.

3) Bitch, you're the one who is retired; I'm not scheduling a contractor for 11am during the week when I should be at work just so your old annoying ass can stand there and make a nuisance of yourself. And I know you're awake earlier than that because I can hear you talking to yourself all morning while I get ready for work.

She's always trying to make me feel bad for her because she's always telling me about her age and health problems, but I don't owe her a GD thing and she's making me miserable.

You own half and she owns half? I know around here that if my neighbor had branches, etc that are intruding into/over my yard I am within my legal rights to trim/cut anything that overhangs my property line. I'm betting you could tell her to pound salt and if she doesn't like your trimming to do it herself and just don't touch a damned thing over the property line.

Good luck, shrader... I hope something works out soon!

Bio! Old annoying ass! That's it, I'm sending out the signal to all my fellow old annoying ######. Your life just got so much worse.

I love the smell of Ben Gay in the morning!!!!!

HOOOOOO AAHHHHHHHHHH, right after lunch at 11, it's on!!!!

Lol I don't have blanket dislike for all old people, but this lady has taken it on as a strong part of her identity (she writes "I am 73" at the bottom of most letters) and seems to view her age as some sort of entitlement to push me around. The only reason I didn't push back on the fence thing is because she's right about it being on her side of the property line and the law in PA requires an absurd 21 years of continuous use for adverse possession, so I had no leg to stand on.

You own half and she owns half? I know around here that if my neighbor had branches, etc that are intruding into/over my yard I am within my legal rights to trim/cut anything that overhangs my property line. I'm betting you could tell her to pound salt and if she doesn't like your trimming to do it herself and just don't touch a damned thing over the property line.

Yeah. I have no intentions of accommodating her request to be present, but I will attempt to trim them in good faith. I plan to do it early some weekend morning (before she's awake) because if I have to talk to her in person I'll probably end up telling her off.

It's probably going to be Apex at this point. Hopefully today goes well.

And freeman, I've just heard better things about these areas than Durham. A lot of the people I will work with seem to live in Cary/Apex. Also my wife is aiming for schools in the areas surrounding Raleigh so it should be very convenient for her.

Sounds reasonable. In any case if you rent for the first year that will give you plenty of time to look around the different areas. I still think you should check out Chapel Hill at some point.

Yeah. I have no intentions of accommodating her request to be present, but I will attempt to trim them in good faith. I plan to do it early some weekend morning (before she's awake) because if I have to talk to her in person I'll probably end up telling her off.

Or.... Get a chainsaw and cut the shrubs down and the roof in half... Just call me King Solomon ... Do it at 6a for bonus irritation points..

Yeah. I have no intentions of accommodating her request to be present, but I will attempt to trim them in good faith. I plan to do it early some weekend morning (before she's awake) because if I have to talk to her in person I'll probably end up chopping her into a hundred pieces and burying the body parts in a shallow grave.

Fixed it for you.

What Blue Hair isn't awake at 5:30 everyday? The only ones that I know are drunks.

Or.... Get a chainsaw and cut the shrubs down and the roof in half... Just call me King Solomon ... Do it at 6a for bonus irritation points..

Ha! I debated having the entire plant removed out of spite, but then I decided that would hurt me as well since I actually like it there.

Fixed it for you.

;)

What Blue Hair isn't awake at 5:30 everyday? The only ones that I know are drunks.

I know, right? I hear her at midnight talking to herself and I hear her all morning talking to herself, but I guess she doesn't actually get out of bed and go downstairs until later in the morning. Unfortunately this lilac bush is just outside both our bedroom windows, so there's a risk that she'll hear me out there even if I go early in the morning.

Edited by biodork

I'm not even going to complain about the dogs**t on my lawn. Whatever.

Verizon, but not the usual annoyances. They've decided that I need to answer a security question to log into my account instead of the computer-generated 10-character complex password that I use. The problem is I can't remember "Where my spouse and I met". Buffalo? Our town? Our Middle School name? The state? Homeroom? All valid answers, none correct. I don't even remember answering that question. I think I'm going to finally implement my plan of picking a nonsense word (or something important to us) and use that for every single answer to those questions. It's probably safer than "What city were you born in?" which half the people here could answer or "What High School Did you attend?" which anyone who is my friend on Facebook knows.

Edited by MattPie

I'm not even going to complain about the dogs**t on my lawn. Whatever.

Verizon, but not the usual annoyances. They've decided that I need to answer a security question to log into my account instead of the computer-generated 10-character complex password that I use. The problem is I can't remember "Where my spouse and I met". Buffalo? Our town? Our Middle School name? The state? Homeroom? All valid answers, none correct. I don't even remember answering that question. I think I'm going to finally implement my plan of picking a nonsense word (or something important to us) and use that for every single answer to those questions. It's probably safer than "What city were you born in?" which half the people here could answer or "What High School Did you attend?" which anyone who is my friend on Facebook knows.

LOL

I would hope that more than half the people can name the city they were born in.