Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

My boss scheduled four...yes, FOUR...consultants to be on site today, all of which are working on different projects. Granted, I was working directly with only one of them, but it had to get every one of them settled in because the boss was running late. RUNNING LATE?!!!?!?!??!?? Today, of all days, you woulda thunk he'd be on time for once. Nope.

Every bald guy on here wants to ring your neck right now.

Meh...I'm at peace with my lack of follicles. At 29, I decided to take hold of the situation and shave it down. Shaved is way better than looking like a monk, George Costanza or Jeffrey Tambor.

Freaking A. Went to an ENT doctor this afternoon since the damn salivary gland stone was visibly stuck, and after all but openly mocking me for making the appointment ("drink water and eat sour candy; it'll pass"), he did end up needing to make a small incision to remove it. Except clearly he didn't get all of it, because the duct is still blocked! And the spray lidocaine made the floor of my mouth molt (yuck). I don't feel like going back to have him talk down to me again, but I really don't want to end up with an infection. :(

When did this happen? Now you can't drink orange juice, which is allegedly as bad as pop? I know there's a lot of sugar in it — we used to give it to my mum when she got woozy from the diabeetus — but it's all natural sugar. I don't know. I'm not giving it up. I've had the flu once, and it wasn't terrible, and about twice a winter, for six hours, my throat tickles, then goes away. I credit the vitamin C in the OJ. Run, Juice, run!

When did this happen? Now you can't drink orange juice, which is allegedly as bad as pop? I know there's a lot of sugar in it — we used to give it to my mum when she got woozy from the diabeetus — but it's all natural sugar. I don't know. I'm not giving it up. I've had the flu once, and it wasn't terrible, and about twice a winter, for six hours, my throat tickles, then goes away. I credit the vitamin C in the OJ. Run, Juice, run!

I they're just pointing out that you shouldn't drink (or give your kid) an endless supply of OJ. A glass per day if fine.

Complaint: my motorcycle hasn't moved in over a month. Sure, that was at the end of a 650-mile day and a 2600-mile week where I wore out the sides of the tires before the middle but I need to ride.

Edited by MattPie

Meh...I'm at peace with my lack of follicles. At 29, I decided to take hold of the situation and shave it down. Shaved is way better than looking like a monk, George Costanza or Jeffrey Tambor.

I distinctly remember sitting in my seats as a Sabres season ticket holder in the late 90's and seeing all the comb overs in front of me. I vowed then to my friend that if faced with it I'd never fight that type of losing battle, and when the hair started to thin about a decade later I kept my word. My dome is always trimmed short.

Might have a kidney stone. Went to the Drs today, need to go get CT scan Monday. Yay :censored:

Yikes man, good luck -- my dad and stepmom have both had them, and they are incredibly painful. Even worse is when the docs just say "it'll pass on it's own" and expect you to be doped up on painkillers for two weeks rather than get you to have lithotripsy.

There's so many people at work streaming this dumb soccer game that my internet is worthless for actual work (and SabreSpace, of course).

Might have a kidney stone. Went to the Drs today, need to go get CT scan Monday. Yay :censored:

Never fun. I imagine it's far worse for men, though. You got a longer way to pass that sucker. Hope it works out for you with minimal pain, man :(

Endometriosis- what a joy it is. What else makes you barf at work from pain, won't let you sleep because pain, screws up your guts/bladder, makes you dizzy, causes cysts (which I've been told by my doctors are close to if not a more concentrated pain than childbirth- and there's no way to predict when one will go), throws hot flashes your way and makes you generally want to die for a week every month? But nope, couldn't ever stay home with this because that would be a lot of days a year. Sorry, other lady in the bathroom who heard me hurl-crying yesterday.

But I guess trying to work while drugged out on painkillers is at least amusing.

Never fun. I imagine it's far worse for men, though. You got a longer way to pass that sucker. Hope it works out for you with minimal pain, man :(

Endometriosis- what a joy it is. What else makes you barf at work from pain, won't let you sleep because pain, screws up your guts/bladder, makes you dizzy, causes cysts (which I've been told by my doctors are close to if not a more concentrated pain than childbirth- and there's no way to predict when one will go), throws hot flashes your way and makes you generally want to die for a week every month? But nope, couldn't ever stay home with this because that would be a lot of days a year. Sorry, other lady in the bathroom who heard me hurl-crying yesterday.

But I guess trying to work while drugged out on painkillers is at least amusing.

Ouch! I would've had a hysterectomy by now, though I understand reasons why you might not be looking to go that route.

Edited by biodork

Ouch! I would've had a hysterectomy by now, though I understand reasons why you might not be looking to go that route.

I've actually had that talk with a couple different doctors now. One really recommended it, since no other meds/forms of bc have helped much. I'm 24 years old. I want kids some day. I may be sterile anyways, thanks to the endo crap. I don't have a happy family history of easygoing fertility- my mum was absolutely cursed. But getting the hysterectomy is a worst case scenario. Some months are better than others. This one is not.

I've actually had that talk with a couple different doctors now. One really recommended it, since no other meds/forms of bc have helped much. I'm 24 years old. I want kids some day. I may be sterile anyways, thanks to the endo crap. I don't have a happy family history of easygoing fertility- my mum was absolutely cursed. But getting the hysterectomy is a worst case scenario. Some months are better than others. This one is not.

Is there any kind of fertility test you can have done to determine this? I mean, there are lots of alternative ways to have children, and if you won't be able to go the traditional route, why suffer the monthly pain? I don't mean to oversimplify because I know it's not a trivial decision, but man, that sounds awful.

Is there any kind of fertility test you can have done to determine this? I mean, there are lots of alternative ways to have children, and if you won't be able to go the traditional route, why suffer the monthly pain? I don't mean to oversimplify because I know it's not a trivial decision, but man, that sounds awful.

There is. The one doc offered a couple tests- I didn't take her up on it. There's a big part of me that just doesn't want to know. I've got a decade to work up in my mind that adoption is ok if it comes to that, or else to save up the moneys and see if surrogate is a possibility. I have a lot of trouble with bc, hormones. The words "post surgical hormone therapy"are enough to make me think what I put up with now is the lesser of two evils. I'd rather some horrible pain/misery than extreme suicidal depression and never ending morning sickness.

There is. The one doc offered a couple tests- I didn't take her up on it. There's a big part of me that just doesn't want to know. I've got a decade to work up in my mind that adoption is ok if it comes to that, or else to save up the moneys and see if surrogate is a possibility. I have a lot of trouble with bc, hormones. The words "post surgical hormone therapy"are enough to make me think what I put up with now is the lesser of two evils. I'd rather some horrible pain/misery than extreme suicidal depression and never ending morning sickness.

Oh yeah, forgot about the need for HRT. Oof. I hope it gets better, Jo!

So I'm working on a pretty high profile government contract project. It's been almost three months since my boss, and the project PI, retired from the company with the project under budget and ahead of our milestones. Well in three short months the new PI has micromanaged this project to a screeching halt. I gotta get the hell out of here.

So I'm working on a pretty high profile government contract project. It's been almost three months since my boss, and the project PI, retired from the company with the project under budget and ahead of our milestones. Well in three short months the new PI has micromanaged this project to a screeching halt. I gotta get the hell out of here.

My boss loves to do that! He tries to have his hands on everything to justify a need for his position. The department got along just fine with no one in that position for 2 years after his predecessor was fired. I can't wait for him to leave for promotion soon.

Laptop hard drive went tits up Monday night. Looks like there wont be much that can be salvaged from it. Ive got a local pro giving it a try now. I think what hurts most is I had a legal but free copy of Microsoft Office Pro that I got through my previous employer that I wont be able to replace because the only place I had the key stored was on that hard drive.

I have a story about an over aggressive cop and my wife that had both our blood boiling last night but typing on a 7" tablet has tried my patience enough for awhile. Maybe another Thursday.