Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Latest gripe (btw, I love this thread...it allows me to vent so that my wife and friends don't bear the brunt of it)...

I'll be 42 years old in a little over a month and my body is starting to rebel against me - probably due to all of the increased exercising since January. My hamstring seems to be the latest issue...it gets extremely tight after I sit for a while, either at work or driving. In addition, my left tricep/shoulder area is feeling pain when I move my arm in the right way. This is all after I've had bicep tendonitis, a quad muscle strain, and upper back/neck muscle spasms in a period of 4 years.

The good part is that the PT who looked at my hamstring found the tender spot where the hammy & gluteus meet. So, she suggested my wife massage my ass. I'm ok with that...provided she'll comply. :flirt:

Complaint: The DMV!!

I'm officially a resident of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Never thought it would happen, but I finally caved after living here for three years and I gave up the New York licence.

Spent 3 hours in this shithole PennDOT drivers license center(yeah, they don't call it a DMV like the rest of civilized humanity) only for the lady at the window to tell me that my birth certificate that I've had since birth is not an acceptable birth certificate! Are you ###### kidding me!!!?? It had a raised seal from the state of NY and its in an envelope post marked from 1985! Yet there's a possibility that it is a counterfeit! Bullish!t!

So now I have to order a new one from the NY dept. Of health and wait for that to come in, go back the the PenDOT drivers licence center and wait in ###### line again! I think not! Walked into that place yesterday, two weeks later, cut the 3 hour long line(it was a pretty sweet line cut if I do say so myself) and went right back up to the same womans window. "Hey remember me I was just here, you told me to come right back up with my birth certificate."

So she processes it all in like 3 minutes and tells me to go right up to the picture window and they will call me right up....bastards had me standing in that line for damn near an hour! Call me right up, my @ss!

Guess that was the karma for my sweet line cutting earlier...

But now I have 2 birth certificates, anyone know any illegals who'll pay cash?

Edit: to the Homeland security officer reading this, that last part was just a joke.

lol, yea I am dreading going to get my Georgia one. I have to have:

1) Original birth certificate

2) Photo ID (passport, license etc..)

3) Social Security Card or Bank notice with full social on it at current address

4) 2 current bills at current address

5) 1 first born child

6) My left testicle (right is only acceptable if left is gone and you have a signed and notarized doctors note with your own blood on it for DNA testing)

...hence the reason I still rock the NY id.

My complaint is that the semester has begun and the avalanche of work that has inundated me in the last 2 weeks is crazy. So much going on and so little time.

Complaint: The DMV!!

I'm officially a resident of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Never thought it would happen, but I finally caved after living here for three years and I gave up the New York licence.

Spent 3 hours in this shithole PennDOT drivers license center(yeah, they don't call it a DMV like the rest of civilized humanity) only for the lady at the window to tell me that my birth certificate that I've had since birth is not an acceptable birth certificate! Are you ###### kidding me!!!?? It had a raised seal from the state of NY and its in an envelope post marked from 1985! Yet there's a possibility that it is a counterfeit! Bullish!t!

So now I have to order a new one from the NY dept. Of health and wait for that to come in, go back the the PenDOT drivers licence center and wait in ###### line again! I think not! Walked into that place yesterday, two weeks later, cut the 3 hour long line(it was a pretty sweet line cut if I do say so myself) and went right back up to the same womans window. "Hey remember me I was just here, you told me to come right back up with my birth certificate."

So she processes it all in like 3 minutes and tells me to go right up to the picture window and they will call me right up....bastards had me standing in that line for damn near an hour! Call me right up, my @ss!

Guess that was the karma for my sweet line cutting earlier...

But now I have 2 birth certificates, anyone know any illegals who'll pay cash?

Edit: to the Homeland security officer reading this, that last part was just a joke.

My wife had a similar experience yesterday (except the idiots here in MA call it the RMV). She was going to switch her NH license to a MA license and also get the name change. She already had her new social security card with the new name. We both knew it was going to be a hassle, so she came just about as prepared as possible. Wedding certificate, NH license, old and new social security card to prove both versions of the name, a bill to prove residency... she had them all.

When she got through the two hour line (which by the way had a sign that said 15 minute wait), they told her that she needed proof of residence with the new name on it. All of those bills require the ID in order to change the name and apparently the ID requires a bill with the new name. That's a fun circle of annoyance they have going there. She wound up going to city hall to change her voter registration and that was apparently enough to take care of the whole deal.

DMVs are pure evil. I'm glad I don't have to deal with them any time in the near future. My license expires next year, but thank god that is taken care of through the mail.

Latest gripe (btw, I love this thread...it allows me to vent so that my wife and friends don't bear the brunt of it)...

I'll be 42 years old in a little over a month and my body is starting to rebel against me - probably due to all of the increased exercising since January. My hamstring seems to be the latest issue...it gets extremely tight after I sit for a while, either at work or driving. In addition, my left tricep/shoulder area is feeling pain when I move my arm in the right way. This is all after I've had bicep tendonitis, a quad muscle strain, and upper back/neck muscle spasms in a period of 4 years.

The good part is that the PT who looked at my hamstring found the tender spot where the hammy & gluteus meet. So, she suggested my wife massage my ass. I'm ok with that...provided she'll comply. :flirt:

I hear you brother. I just turned 42 earlier this month and I'm definitely feeling the effects. This weekend I'm doing a climb at the Wells Fargo Center in Raleigh for Cystic Fibrosis and I know that I'm going to be hurting badly afterwards.

I hear you brother. I just turned 42 earlier this month and I'm definitely feeling the effects. This weekend I'm doing a climb at the Wells Fargo Center in Raleigh for Cystic Fibrosis and I know that I'm going to be hurting badly afterwards.

Welcome to aging, my friends. Your body doesn't "let go" all at once; you notice little things here and there and one day you wonder why you're so out of breath climbing the same number of stairs you used to take two at a time. My advice to you is A) Slow down - your body will thank you. B) Get lots of rest - more important as the years pile up and C) Don't sweat the small stuff.

(I was worried about a training class at work and the "exam" at the end. Then I found out my best friend's first cousin was just diagnosed with stage 4 brain tumors. Yes, tumors, plural. He has a wife, several kids and a great job. Median survival for this kind of cancer is 15 months. Suddenly, that exam wasn't so important. God bless this fellow and I hope he beats the odds...)

Edited by Sabre Dance

C) Don't sweat the small stuff.

(I was worried about a training class at work and the "exam" at the end. Then I found out my best friend's first cousin was just diagnosed with stage 4 brain tumors. Yes, tumors, plural. He has a wife, several kids and a great job. Median survival for this kind of cancer is 15 months. Suddenly, that exam wasn't so important. God bless this fellow and I hope he beats the odds...)

Great advice. My friend back in Buffalo lost his wife a few weeks ago, 45 years old and a mother of three. She went to bed and never woke up. Unimaginable.

I do the same stair climb in Albany every year. It usually takes me about 12 floors (out of 42) for me to ask myself why I keep doing this, but the cause is worth it. Good luck!

One thing I do a lot is golf. I used to be playing 3-4 times a week...every Saturday, most Sundays, every Monday night, and sprinkle in a tournament here & there. I would always walk and carry my clubs because I wanted the exercise. I've officially converted to a push cart because of the neck & upper back issues, but I think all of that walking for a 4-year period took its toll. I've slowed down in the past year or so only because I have a different job w/o much time off.

Welcome to aging, my friends. Your body doesn't "let go" all at once; you notice little things here and there and one day you wonder why you're so out of breath climbing the same number of stairs you used to take two at a time. My advice to you is A) Slow down - your body will thank you. B) Get lots of rest - more important as the years pile up and C) Don't sweat the small stuff.

All of this is great advice. I think I've dropped my stress level recently because I came to the conclusion that the little things I always worried about really weren't that important in the grand scheme of things. God bless your friend's cousin...my thoughts and prayers will be with him.

All of this is great advice. I think I've dropped my stress level recently because I came to the conclusion that the little things I always worried about really weren't that important in the grand scheme of things.

This. I recently started as a Direct Care Volunteer at a Hospice, and have spent a lot of time caring for and chatting with the patients. Talk about perspective... :(

lol, yea I am dreading going to get my Georgia one. I have to have:

1) Original birth certificate

2) Photo ID (passport, license etc..)

3) Social Security Card or Bank notice with full social on it at current address

4) 2 current bills at current address

5) 1 first born child

6) My left testicle (right is only acceptable if left is gone and you have a signed and notarized doctors note with your own blood on it for DNA testing)

...hence the reason I still rock the NY id.

Its the exact same here in Pennsyltucky. Except the original birth certiface isn't good enough for them....they want 2 "original" birth certificates.

Oh and they punched holes in my NY licence! That ID has character! Its flexible and feels all powdered and grainy when you bend it....all these other laminated ID's are boring imitations of each other. Come on other 49 states! Be original.

Oh and I forgot to mention you cannot register your car at this awful, awful place. Nope! Have to go to a tag and title place....wtf!

Edited by ubkev

Its the exact same here in Pennsyltucky. Except the original birth certiface isn't good enough for them....they want 2 "original" birth certificates.

Oh and they punched holes in my NY licence! That ID has character! Its flexible and feels all powdered and grainy when you bend it....all these other laminated ID's are boring imitations of each other. Come on other 49 states! Be original.

Oh and I forgot to mention you cannot register your car at this awful, awful place. Nope! Have to go to a tag and title place....wtf!

Same as in Georgia, it is even located conveniently located on the opposite side of town.

Heh. At least there are tons of tag places, so as long as you pick your spot registering your car will only be a 20-minute process. My wife just did her switch a month or three ago. Don't remember it being that bad, but we had a BC, passport, marriage license, and some stuff (magazines) with her name on them. And I was there, with my existing PA license. I don't remember it being that bad the first time around, but that was long enough ago (2005) that the federal checks on licenses weren't in place yet. (hint: I'm betting if you were a new NYS resident it'd be just as bad).

Complaint: the new WGR Android app. Seems they forgot the quit/close button again so it's always running. Coupled with the new, more invasive privs, it's uninstalled now.

Heh. At least there are tons of tag places, so as long as you pick your spot registering your car will only be a 20-minute process. My wife just did her switch a month or three ago. Don't remember it being that bad, but we had a BC, passport, marriage license, and some stuff (magazines) with her name on them. And I was there, with my existing PA license. I don't remember it being that bad the first time around, but that was long enough ago (2005) that the federal checks on licenses weren't in place yet. (hint: I'm betting if you were a new NYS resident it'd be just as bad).

Complaint: the new WGR Android app. Seems they forgot the quit/close button again so it's always running. Coupled with the new, more invasive privs, it's uninstalled now.

That has always been a bad app. Go for TuneIn Radio instead.

The quit button as located in the scolling taskbar at the bottom. It's all the way to the right.

When I moved to Arizona, I went to register my vehicle there and get AZ plates. I knew they based the plate fee on the value of the car (not weight, like in NY) but when they told me my plates would cost nearly $300, I nearly fainted. And that was per year....back in 1993. NYDMV doesn't look so bad now....

When I moved to Arizona, I went to register my vehicle there and get AZ plates. I knew they based the plate fee on the value of the car (not weight, like in NY) but when they told me my plates would cost nearly $300, I nearly fainted. And that was per year....back in 1993. NYDMV doesn't look so bad now....

NC has something similar with the yearly vehicle tax that's based on the value of the car. When I went to originally register our cars down here I got nailed with an initial highway tax or some other nonsense when I went to get my plates. It was like $250 and they don't take credit cards. Wtf? So I had to go to the bank and get cash to pay the friggin' DMV.

NC has something similar with the yearly vehicle tax that's based on the value of the car. When I went to originally register our cars down here I got nailed with an initial highway tax or some other nonsense when I went to get my plates. It was like $250 and they don't take credit cards. Wtf? So I had to go to the bank and get cash to pay the friggin' DMV.

Lucky, the PA Driver's License Center doesn't take cash, debit, or credit, just checks and money orders. I'm surprised that wasn't complained about above. The tag places take checks or debit, maybe credit.

They have an annual excise tax on the cars here in MA. I wish I could remember how much it is, but all I know is it annoys me each year.

Idiotic parents at my kids school morning carpool drop off. There is a very orderly system to drop the kids off in the morning and depending on the time you get there to drop off, it can take as little as 3 but no more than 8-10 minutes before you are out of the lot and on your way. Last year there was a small group of parents who would routinely circumvent the car pool line that goes around the perimeter of the lot by pulling into the closer one way parking lane, pulling up all the way to the front, dropping the kids off and then either backing all the way up the lane or trying to do a 3 pt turn to exit. The principal sent out many emails last year asking parents to stop doing this. So school starts this week and they have put up cones at the top of that lot to prevent it, and naturally people who used that lot correctly complained so the principal sent out another email explaining he had to do it due to the unsafe actions of a small group of parents. So what do I see earlier in the week? A parent pulling through the cones, and doing exactly what they have been asked numerous times to stop. There is nothing more aggravating than people who don't believe the rules apply to them and that their time is more important than others.