Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Aristotle - "Look, Democritus, I tell you the world is spherical..."

Democritus - "You drunk fool, everyone knows the world is flat! Can't you see yonder hills gently laying upright upon the horizon?"

Aristotle - "That is but an illusion, something you can not see unless your perspective has changed..."

Democritus - "And how, Aristotle? Travel into space? Surely the gods would swat us down, or demons would feast on our flesh, long before we were to fly into space, as if we could fly. Your nonsense is overwhelming, Aristotle, perhaps Alexander should discuss these traitorous musings with you before you frighten the people."

Aristotle - "You would not!"

Democritus - "Remember your grand-nephew?"

Edited by sizzlemeister

Every day, I become more convinced that people were put on Earth just to complain about something (I guess that's why this thread exists).

I golf with a group of 35-40 guys every week - it's a weekly tournament of sorts, where everyone pays up, picks teams, plays their game, and (in theory) enjoys themselves and the company. We have 3-4 guys (the captains, or low-handicappers) who typically whine and gripe about the format and what their average should be. A few weeks ago, one of these guys walked away with over 2 bills when his team won and he got a couple of skins. He called me an hour after I left wondering why he didn't win $20 more...thinking I cheated him out of it. On top of it, this guy runs his own business, has a big house in a ritzy neighborhood, and is pretty well off in general.

:wallbash:

Edited by Buffalo Wings

My complaint is quite lame but it pissed me off...

Playing basketball yesterday, which is not my best sport, I am tall and strong enough that I usually end up down low and try to take away lanes for people to drive for easy lay ups. We usually have a bunch of guys and play 3v3 a couple times a week. So yesterday I this guy kept getting good shots off so I start playing him tighter and more physical. After one play where I shut him down good and hard he turns and goes "Naw naw, see you can't be doing that, this aint that ###### hockey"

... My response? "Your right, in hockey I would have flattened your ass"

I get that I am from the north and no one down here knows jack ###### about hockey for the most part but every f***ing time I do anything they call me canada or make some lame hockey joke.

O and one more thing after I made my hockey comment I was informed that Basketball players are more athletic than Hockey players. Really? Just freaking wears on you after you hear it day after day after day after day...

Every day, I become more convinced that people were put on Earth just to complain about something (I guess that's why this thread exists).

I golf with a group of 35-40 guys every week - it's a weekly tournament of sorts, where everyone pays up, picks teams, plays their game, and (in theory) enjoys themselves and the company. We have 3-4 guys (the captains, or low-handicappers) who typically whine and gripe about the format and what their average should be. A few weeks ago, one of these guys walked away with over 2 bills when his team won and he got a couple of skins. He called me an hour after I left wondering why he didn't win $20 more...thinking I cheated him out of it. On top of it, this guy runs his own business, has a big house in a ritzy neighborhood, and is pretty well off in general.

:wallbash:

People who have a lot of money usually have it because they whinge over twenty dollars.

And speaking about complaining. I am so tired of having to listen to guys complaining about their wives. Once or twice is not a problem, but all the time about every little thing is annoying. It's even worse when they are less than cordial to each other in front of me and I have to pretend like it isn't uncomfortable.

If it's really that bad, then shouldn't you be talking to her about this, or getting the f out. And if it's not that bad, then you are just doing it out of habit and like being miserable. Either way, STF up, focus on the positives and why you married her in the first place, and tell me a happy story.

When people say "axe" instead of ask. I'm listening to an office mate right now on a phone conversation say over and over "you should have axed them that question"

People saying "ain't" in a legitimate sentence (see: not a catch phrase) still bothers me more. I don't care it was actually added to the dictionary years ago, I still hate that word.

People who have a lot of money usually have it because they whinge over twenty dollars.

Right, which leads me to believe they're spoiled. If you worked hard to become that wealthy, then good for you. Just don't whine at me about $20 when I organize and set up this stuff every week and maybe 1 or 2 guys give me a thank you once a month.

Right, which leads me to believe they're spoiled. If you worked hard to become that wealthy, then good for you. Just don't whine at me about $20 when I organize and set up this stuff every week and maybe 1 or 2 guys give me a thank you once a month.

I had a friend that loves doing baseball recording and stats. He was doing them for the corporate baseball team so the players would have full stats work-ups. After awhile people would start getting on his case if they weren't up a couple days after the game. People suck.

Sinus issues. I've had a problem with my sinuses for years, but this summer I've been miserable. I probably had an infection, but every time I thought I should call the doctor I felt just good enough to hold off doing so. I've been bothered by this now for about four weeks straight. It has occasionally affected my balance, which means driving is a real wild experience and riding the motorcycle is out of the question. I think it is finally just about over with (of course, since I have my regular checkup scheduled on the 12th). What fun!

Sinus issues. I've had a problem with my sinuses for years, but this summer I've been miserable. I probably had an infection, but every time I thought I should call the doctor I felt just good enough to hold off doing so. I've been bothered by this now for about four weeks straight. It has occasionally affected my balance, which means driving is a real wild experience and riding the motorcycle is out of the question. I think it is finally just about over with (of course, since I have my regular checkup scheduled on the 12th). What fun!

Yea that definitely sounds like an infection. Are you at least taking something for the symptoms? I've found Zyrtec to be damn near a wonder drug for my sinus issues.