Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Last night our cat decided to gorge himself. To which he promptly, for 15 minutes straight, puked absolutely everywhere, making no less than (and possibly more than) 11 large piles of half digested stomach contents around the apartment as he ran in fear from his own spewtastic performance. Not counting the barfy cat footprints he tracked everywhere in his mad dash to escape the demons within. D4rk was at work. I'm emetophobic. And I was eating dinner. An hour of cleaning later, life resumed. Pets! Gotta love 'em.

Yea that definitely sounds like an infection. Are you at least taking something for the symptoms? I've found Zyrtec to be damn near a wonder drug for my sinus issues.

I took some Vicks Sinex on and off. I also loaded up on the Vitamin C (the jury is still out on whether that actually helps, but it sure seems to) and used Vapo-Rub at night. A lot. (Twice, I resorted to putting a heating pad on my forehead. It looked ridiculous but felt great. It did seem to loosen things up.) The ultra hot, humid weather last week (combined with an air-conditioned office) I'm sure made the situation worse. But today, I am (knock on wood) feeling pretty much back to normal. If that carries into tomorrow, I'll have something to post to the "awesome" thread....

Last night our cat decided to gorge himself. To which he promptly, for 15 minutes straight, puked absolutely everywhere, making no less than (and possibly more than) 11 large piles of half digested stomach contents around the apartment as he ran in fear from his own spewtastic performance. Not counting the barfy cat footprints he tracked everywhere in his mad dash to escape the demons within. D4rk was at work. I'm emetophobic. And I was eating dinner. An hour of cleaning later, life resumed. Pets! Gotta love 'em.

That's terrible but I'm sorry I'm LMAO.

I took some Vicks Sinex on and off. I also loaded up on the Vitamin C (the jury is still out on whether that actually helps, but it sure seems to) and used Vapo-Rub at night. A lot. (Twice, I resorted to putting a heating pad on my forehead. It looked ridiculous but felt great. It did seem to loosen things up.) The ultra hot, humid weather last week (combined with an air-conditioned office) I'm sure made the situation worse. But today, I am (knock on wood) feeling pretty much back to normal. If that carries into tomorrow, I'll have something to post to the "awesome" thread....

My wife swears by the neti pot. She said it was really odd at first, but got used to it.

:lol:

This story reminds me of an incident when I was dating my wife. She was going out one night with her girlfriends so I was volunteered to babysit her week old kitten (edit: obviously not a week old, he's a himalayan and she had just got it from the breeder a week earlier). Yeah, yeah I know, don't pretend like the rest of you wouldn't do the same when young and in love. Anyway, the damn thing got it's back leg tangled up in a plastic grocery bag, causing him to race around her apartment trying to "get away" from the bag, s$%*ting and pissing everywhere. It took me about a half hour to finally corner him, remove the bag and lock him in the bathroom. Then it was another couple hours cleaning up the mess that was in every corner of her place. That was thirteen years ago and we still have that old SOB.... I've heard reports of foxes near our neighborhood and I've been tempted to leave the porch door open... :devil:

Edited by Claude_Verret

:lol:

This story reminds me of an incident when I was dating my wife. She was going out one night with her girlfriends so I was volunteered to babysit her week old kitten (edit: obviously not a week old, he's a himalayan and she had just got it from the breeder a week earlier). Yeah, yeah I know, don't pretend like the rest of you wouldn't do the same when young and in love. Anyway, the damn thing got it's back leg tangled up in a plastic grocery bag, causing him to race around her apartment trying to "get away" from the bag, s$%*ting and pissing everywhere. It took me about a half hour to finally corner him, remove the bag and lock him in the bathroom. Then it was another couple hours cleaning up the mess that was in every corner of her place. That was thirteen years ago and we still have that old SOB.... I've heard reports of foxes near our neighborhood and I've been tempted to leave the porch door open... :devil:

bahaha and kitten ###### is the worst. Suffering for love, I guess.

Good lord. To think I tell people how great a school it is all the time. I love their open online courses but geez... My uterus is telling me to boycott.

My new favorite is the guy running the Breddos on b shift who calls breddo out over the PA as Breddooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :lol:

One of the department managers wanted that guy fired on basis of that alone. No sure if its happened yet, but employees get real loosey goosey late at night with the intercom. They need to realize that the owner or CEO could be in the building at anytime.

One of the department managers wanted that guy fired on basis of that alone. No sure if its happened yet, but employees get real loosey goosey late at night with the intercom. They need to realize that the owner or CEO could be in the building at anytime.

It gets your attention which I think is a positive. That intercom is worthless unless you draw your words out. It's silly though :lol:

4 impacted wisdom teeth just removed

That sucks. Whatever you do, do not under any circumstances fail to take your painkillers exactly as prescribed. I went to a Sabres game years ago a few days after having all four impacted wisdom teeth removed. The game was against the Mario led Pens at the Aud. I had great seats behind the net just above the glass so even though I should have passed on the ticket, I didn't. I took my tylenol with codeine before I left and figured I'd be good until I got back. Big mistake. Naturally it began to wear off on the ride home, and this was up to that point in my life the worst pain I had ever felt. Absolutely brutal. I had my friend doing 90 down Rt 5 / Camp Rd to get me to my drugs.

4 impacted wisdom teeth just removed

...dear god man... good luck and be prepared to eat very little for about 3-4 days and not normally for 10-14... it sucks.

So my GF who just got a job has to quit said job because of how unethical they are and they are basically downright lying to people. Long story short, she feels very uncomfortable now that she has learned how deceitful her comp is and is quitting immediately. Her boss on top of that is a lying back stabber who claims every single thing good about her department is his doing no matter how big or small. They told him for weeks that he needed to post jobs stuff on these certain sights and so today he did and is bragging about how smart and awesome he is. He constently talks bad about everyone behind their backs but since they all work together they know he is being a dick. Example: Last week she took a half day. So she put in her request form and it gets approved. Friday comes around and she gets ready to leave and stops by the bathroom. When she comes out when of her coworkers stops her to let her know the boss was basically saying she was blowing off work and he didn't know where she was and she refused to show up for training etc... but to her face he says "bye have an awesome trip"

Bottom line there is a guy in Atlanta who needs his balls kicked.

Thanks LGR and Claude. and yeah, my parents wanted to wait for a guy to come and do something to our septic system before they picked up the prescriptions. then, the original pain stuff wore off. I literally pushed them into the car and said "Drive as fast as you can."

You weren't kidding. holy crap.

Thanks LGR and Claude. and yeah, my parents wanted to wait for a guy to come and do something to our septic system before they picked up the prescriptions. then, the original pain stuff wore off. I literally pushed them into the car and said "Drive as fast as you can."

Hopefully the doc told you this already, but be very careful the next few days to avoid using straws, vigorous mouthwash, etc. Dry socket is no fun! Be diligent with the ice and ibuprofin and you can really cut down on the swelling. I had all four extracted at once also (two simple, two surgical), but I managed to avoid the chipmunk cheeks altogether. You may find ibuprofin is enough after tomorrow. Good luck!

Once upon a time I had my 4 impacted wisdom teeth removed along with my 4 twelve year molars...along with shredding my left knee that was the worst pain ever. Percocet is your friend, enjoy the couch for a few days and rinse your mouth out a whole lot. I didn't end up with any dry sockets and you are really going to want to avoid those.