Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I played hockey for the first time in a year last night. What an absolute disaster that was. I couldn't think of a worse scenario to walk into after a year off. We were playing a team two skill levels above us and we had only 7 skaters. We went with 3 D and 4 forwards. I was stuck as one of the D even though I'm pretty much clueless back there. On top of that, one of the D was a guy who pretty much can't skate at all (he's the captain of these teams so he plays even though the leagues are above his level).

I got to the bench 3 times the entire game, and for one, I sat down for about 10 seconds before that guy came off for a change. I'm so ridiculously out of hockey shape right now, so I'm an absolute wreck today.

I played hockey for the first time in a year last night. What an absolute disaster that was. I couldn't think of a worse scenario to walk into after a year off. We were playing a team two skill levels above us and we had only 7 skaters. We went with 3 D and 4 forwards. I was stuck as one of the D even though I'm pretty much clueless back there. On top of that, one of the D was a guy who pretty much can't skate at all (he's the captain of these teams so he plays even though the leagues are above his level).

I got to the bench 3 times the entire game, and for one, I sat down for about 10 seconds before that guy came off for a change. I'm so ridiculously out of hockey shape right now, so I'm an absolute wreck today.

But it felt good right?

My complaint today is that the payroll company messed up my paycheck and what was supposed to be a nice check this week with some OT turned out to be about half the amount. Now I'm stuck waiting till next week to get the balance. Horseapples.

But it felt good right?

Nope, completely miserable. There's nothing worse than playing a game where both teams realize the game should not be happening. They just pass the puck around constantly not wanting to run up the score, we just stand around and let them since we're dead. It got to the point where I seriously considered just laying down in the slot so that they would at least have to saucer the backdoor setup pass they were constantly trying to work on.

Well, my car had a good run for about 8 years with no issues...until now. A month ago, I took it in for some high-pitched noise that I was hearing at anywhere above 50mph. The shop claimed it was a CB shaft in the front wheels (it delivers power from the engine to the wheels). They replaced that, costing me about 5 bills. Two weeks ago, I hear a similar (if not the same) noise...just dropped it off today and they now said it was the rear brake pads scraping against the metal, almost completely worn. This, plus the transmission fluid, will cost me another $500.

Yay. At least I finally got my credit card paid down to a manageable level before this...

Edited by Buffalo Wings

Well, my car had a good run for about 8 years with no issues...until now. A month ago, I took it in for some high-pitched noise that I was hearing at anywhere above 50mph. The shop claimed it was a CB shaft in the front wheels (it delivers power from the engine to the wheels). They replaced that, costing me about 5 bills. Two weeks ago, I hear a similar (if not the same) noise...just dropped it off today and they now said it was the rear brake pads scraping against the metal, almost completely worn. This, plus the transmission fluid, will cost me another $500.

Yay. At least I finally got my credit card paid down to a manageable level before this...

I hear that. Not looking forward to taking my car in for inspection next week.

My car's got a weird thing going lately. The buttons on the steering wheel don't do what they're supposed to. Most of the time it is just the radio. The button to rotate through my saved stations will change the band, or it will go up a station when it is supposed to go down. Sometimes it will do something that no steering wheel button is even supposed to do, like muting the radio. This I don't care about too much, especially when the dealership offers nothing but confusion when I call them. It's a minor annoyance but doesn't impact my drive in any way.

Every so often though the cruise control buttons don't respond, specifically the one that takes you off cruise when you need to slow down. Now that seems to have more potential for trouble. I'm on city streets 95% of the time though, so I'm almost never using cruise control. They want me to leave the car in for a day or two so they can test it, but I haven't really found a convenient time yet. I'm not sure if it is really worth the hassle. Then again, I should still be under warranty (car hits the three year mark in January), so I should probably have this checked on sooner rather than later.

I live in a county where they have no car inspections...

That's why I don't cringe when I see a Confederate flag....

GA makes up the cash other ways, so did FL when I lived there.....but when you are in a state with 2 million illegals who have no insurance and can't drive....you might as well make it a level playing field.

When I moved back to NY, cost me $$$ to mount a freaking front plate and get lights put in to illuminate them.

$3 cigarettes in KY.....AlQuaida pyrotechnics you can purchase at a TN gas station......Viva La South!

Drowing your sorrows or celebrating? Either way - go buy another bottle.

Hiatus. Started Breaking Bad Friday night. I'm on season 5 ep 3 now. I rewatched season 1 ep 1-3 with a friend last night. Amazing the connection to episodes into season 3.

My car's got a weird thing going lately. The buttons on the steering wheel don't do what they're supposed to. Most of the time it is just the radio. The button to rotate through my saved stations will change the band, or it will go up a station when it is supposed to go down. Sometimes it will do something that no steering wheel button is even supposed to do, like muting the radio. This I don't care about too much, especially when the dealership offers nothing but confusion when I call them. It's a minor annoyance but doesn't impact my drive in any way.

Every so often though the cruise control buttons don't respond, specifically the one that takes you off cruise when you need to slow down. Now that seems to have more potential for trouble. I'm on city streets 95% of the time though, so I'm almost never using cruise control. They want me to leave the car in for a day or two so they can test it, but I haven't really found a convenient time yet. I'm not sure if it is really worth the hassle. Then again, I should still be under warranty (car hits the three year mark in January), so I should probably have this checked on sooner rather than later.

I don't know the details, but there has to be some sort of electrical connector between the wheel and the column which slides (I don't think you could get away with a straight cord since the wheel turns too far). Or, there is a cable and the individual wires have broken/worn the insulation off so their intermingling in an electron ######. Sorry to say it, but I doubt it will be cheap (if I'm right, I hope I'm not).

Hiatus. Started Breaking Bad Friday night. I'm on season 5 ep 3 now. I rewatched season 1 ep 1-3 with a friend last night. Amazing the connection to episodes into season 3.

You watched 4.3 seasons AND re-watched 3 episodes from one of those seasons in 6 days?

Kids today, I'll tell ya.

My wife hasn't watched any BB.. Until the other night. I had her watch the pilot on Netflix and now she's hooked. I hope that she doesn't put me on lockdown from the final episodes until she catches up.

Sounds like electrical ground issues. Get em fixed under warranty.

But it felt good right?

My complaint today is that the payroll company messed up my paycheck and what was supposed to be a nice check this week with some OT turned out to be about half the amount. Now I'm stuck waiting till next week to get the balance. Horseapples.

Same thing happened to my bro.

My complaint: we have product that is about to expire or unwanted by our co-packers so we offer it up as a donation to employees. I was spear heading the process but with meetings and audits and the like I was unable to micromanage it. I left about 7-8 cases (12 jars to a case) of product in the breakroom with instructions to only take a few jars per employee. So I get an email from HR telling me that employees were seen leaving with full cases and how are we controlling the process. Now my boss is going to be on me because he specifically told me not to let it turn into a ###### show. Now I somehow have to explain how this happened. I guess no good deed goes unpunished.

Same thing happened to my bro.

My complaint: we have product that is about to expire or unwanted by our co-packers so we offer it up as a donation to employees. I was spear heading the process but with meetings and audits and the like I was unable to micromanage it. I left about 7-8 cases (12 jars to a case) of product in the breakroom with instructions to only take a few jars per employee. So I get an email from HR telling me that employees were seen leaving with full cases and how are we controlling the process. Now my boss is going to be on me because he specifically told me not to let it turn into a ###### show. Now I somehow have to explain how this happened. I guess no good deed goes unpunished.

My argument would be, why can't it be a ###### show? If one guy really wants a ton of your product then who cares? Sure he might try to re-sell it, but if that's a concern then why give it away in the first place?

You guys are talking about spaghetti sauce, aren't you?

My complaint. I'm tired of buying things that don't work and having to waste my time sending them back in order to get one that works. Just bought a guitar pedal and was all excited when I got it. Oh, well. I hope I'm as excited the next time I get it.

Complaint: The DMV!!

I'm officially a resident of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Never thought it would happen, but I finally caved after living here for three years and I gave up the New York licence.

Spent 3 hours in this shithole PennDOT drivers license center(yeah, they don't call it a DMV like the rest of civilized humanity) only for the lady at the window to tell me that my birth certificate that I've had since birth is not an acceptable birth certificate! Are you ###### kidding me!!!?? It had a raised seal from the state of NY and its in an envelope post marked from 1985! Yet there's a possibility that it is a counterfeit! Bullish!t!

So now I have to order a new one from the NY dept. Of health and wait for that to come in, go back the the PenDOT drivers licence center and wait in ###### line again! I think not! Walked into that place yesterday, two weeks later, cut the 3 hour long line(it was a pretty sweet line cut if I do say so myself) and went right back up to the same womans window. "Hey remember me I was just here, you told me to come right back up with my birth certificate."

So she processes it all in like 3 minutes and tells me to go right up to the picture window and they will call me right up....bastards had me standing in that line for damn near an hour! Call me right up, my @ss!

Guess that was the karma for my sweet line cutting earlier...

But now I have 2 birth certificates, anyone know any illegals who'll pay cash?

Edit: to the Homeland security officer reading this, that last part was just a joke.

Edited by ubkev