Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

If your kids are vaccinated, do you really have anything to worry about?

That's what I was thinking but I am not a doctor, or a playmate so I am pretty ignorant on the subject. Interested to know though.

Anyways, complaint: Waiting to hear back from the other realitor on the offers and subsequent counter offers that I have been putting in. Holy hell!!! This is aggravating, exhilarating and nauseating at the same time.

I had a dream last night that I was being attacked by a bird while sleeping (I was asleep in the dream). I couldn't wake up. All I could do was thrash around.

For the first time since probably kindergarten, I fell out of bed. Cracked my head pretty good on the bedside table, too.

Congratulations on your pending nuptials...........

Yes.

http://www.nytimes.c...ccine.html?_r=0

Vaccine's aren't grounds for parenting fads and pop-pseudo-science. They are the greatest advancement of the 20th century.

Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in.

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/13105-complaint-thursdays/page__st__5400#entry310807

Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in.

http://forums.sabres...400#entry310807

I am all for medical exemptions and I think more research should be done. I'm against vaccination exemptions based on pop culture belief in fraud science. The government keeps things quiet because part of the job of public health officials is to act like actuaries and protect the most people. A scared run of 5-10% of the population away from vaccinations would result in thousands of dead kids. I've found that observing your kids progress objectively as a parent is impossible. I'm not going to say what you witnessed didn't happen exactly as you witnessed it, but correlation is not causality. There is no science showing any link anywhere between vaccines and autism. To publicly trumpet "research" proven beyond a doubt to be fraudulent, as McCarthy has, is irresponsible. To give her a huge audience of new parents to spew these dangerous lies to is irresponsible to an extreme.

I am all for medical exemptions and I think more research should be done. I'm against vaccination exemptions based on pop culture belief in fraud science. The government keeps things quiet because part of the job of public health officials is to act like actuaries and protect the most people. A scared run of 5-10% of the population away from vaccinations would result in thousands of dead kids. I've found that observing your kids progress objectively as a parent is impossible. I'm not going to say what you witnessed didn't happen exactly as you witnessed it, but correlation is not causality. There is no science showing any link anywhere between vaccines and autism. To publicly trumpet "research" proven beyond a doubt to be fraudulent, as McCarthy has, is irresponsible. To give her a huge audience of new parents to spew these dangerous lies to is irresponsible to an extreme.

JFTR, I hate that phrase. Correlation may not be causality, but it sure is how you eventually find it.

Anyways, complaint: Waiting to hear back from the other realitor on the offers and subsequent counter offers that I have been putting in. Holy hell!!! This is aggravating, exhilarating and nauseating at the same time.

You mean it doesn't take place in a matter of minutes like on House Hunters? LOL

You mean it doesn't take place in a matter of minutes like on House Hunters? LOL

No! Those bastards! House Hunters, Property Virgins, bunch of false advertisements!

My realitor just called me back, they accepted. Complaint officially withdrawn.

Made the mistake of sitting down and turning the TV on when I got home from work and ended up on MSNBC. The President was giving an address on the affordable care act after which Martin Bashir and friends begin the ball washing. For a second I thought I might get some journalism, but no. No questions being asked, no legitimate talking points. Just a big pat on the back for their guy.

I really wish that television as a medium was capable of providing actual journalism because sometimes it'd be nice to just sit down on the couch after a long day and be served rather than spoon fed.

JFTR, I hate that phrase. Correlation may not be causality, but it sure is how you eventually find it.

I am just going to offer another line of thinking. Young children, especially infants, are still developing their brains and this happens at a rapid rate. The sudden onset of Autism is more likely linked to it manifesting when the brain reaches a certain level of maturity.

Many children do react badly to shots, however I can find multiple studies showing how Congenital rubella syndrome, directly causes, not correlates but causes Autism in some children. The vaccination would prevent this.

"Congenital rubella syndrome and autism spectrum disorder prevented by rubella vaccination--United States, 2001-2010" Authors: Navar-Boggan AM ; Omer SB Emory University, Atlanta GA.

http://www.biomedcen...471-2458/11/340

Edited by LGR4GM

Made the mistake of sitting down and turning the TV on when I got home from work and ended up on MSNBC. The President was giving an address on the affordable care act after which Martin Bashir and friends begin the ball washing. For a second I thought I might get some journalism, but no. No questions being asked, no legitimate talking points. Just a big pat on the back for their guy.

I really wish that television as a medium was capable of providing actual journalism because sometimes it'd be nice to just sit down on the couch after a long day and be served rather than spoon fed.

I've given up on all the network news. It's become an absolute joke. It's also become terribly obvious which people follow network news when trying to have a conversation with them; I change the conversation as quickly as I turn the channel.

I don't watch MSNBC for the same reasons I don't like to watch Fox News (but I occasionally have to watch that one), but I'm not surprised at the ball washing.

As someone who pays his own way for health care, I like the ACA, though.

Many children do react badly to shots, however I can find multiple studies showing how Congenital rubella syndrome which you get in that vaccination set, directly causes, not correlates but causes Autism in some children.

"Congenital rubella syndrome and autism spectrum disorder prevented by rubella vaccination--United States, 2001-2010" Authors: Navar-Boggan AM ; Omer SB Emory University, Atlanta GA.

http://www.biomedcen...471-2458/11/340

I'm confused here, the study seems to say that CRS causes Autism, so the vaccine would be a good idea. Is that what you meant in the first paragraph? It reads like you're saying the vaccine causes it.

Be careful with studies, one of the ones (the only one?) that links vaccines and autism had a sample set of 12 kids (IIRC). That's not even close to meaningful.

I'm confused here, the study seems to say that CRS causes Autism, so the vaccine would be a good idea. Is that what you meant in the first paragraph? It reads like you're saying the vaccine causes it.

Be careful with studies, one of the ones (the only one?) that links vaccines and autism had a sample set of 12 kids (IIRC). That's not even close to meaningful.

I edited it for clarity

I've given up on all the network news. It's become an absolute joke. It's also become terribly obvious which people follow network news when trying to have a conversation with them; I change the conversation as quickly as I turn the channel.

It's just too bad that there is no 24-hour news outlet that actually practices journalism. I have NPR to read and listen to, but that's about it. And I was always taught that no one should get their all of their news from one source.

It's just too bad that there is no 24-hour news outlet that actually practices journalism. I have NPR to read and listen to, but that's about it. And I was always taught that no one should get their all of their news from one source.

I usually go to BBC America and I find their coverage relatively good.

I don't watch MSNBC for the same reasons I don't like to watch Fox News (but I occasionally have to watch that one), but I'm not surprised at the ball washing.

As someone who pays his own way for health care, I like the ACA, though.

I like the ACA as well. With wages for lower income people at awful levels, being able to afford basic care is huge. As a single man I don't have any idea how people with families manage to live.

I usually go to BBC America and I find their coverage relatively good.

We opted to go back to basic cable to save money so I no longer have BBCA, which is a downer.

I like the ACA as well. With wages for lower income people at awful levels, being able to afford basic care is huge. As a single man I don't have any idea how people with families manage to live.

We opted to go back to basic cable to save money so I no longer have BBCA, which is a downer.

If you have a Roku I think you can get it via their Roku Newscaster channel (free):

http://www.rokuguide...roku-newscaster

It was pretty cool to be able to watch the Al Jazeera coverage during the protests in Egypt a while back.

Edited by biodork

For sure, never trust one source. I've been becoming more of a fan of Al Jazeera. I'm sure they have their own agenda just like everybody else, but you'll see stories on there (especially global news) that you won't find on any of the regular news networks.

It is a possible step to finding a cause, but that phrase might be the most important phrase in science.

But in the end, isn't it the presence of overwhelming correlation that eventually proves causality.

And is that one the same guy who was proven to have falsified his research in order to build that whole cult of anti-vaccine followers that he has?

never. causality proves causality. correlation might be an indicator, or a red herring.

I do know this. One of the vaccinations was the direct cause of my daughter spinning around in circles for three days.

The conclusion of most studies that a connection be vaccines and autism is "unlikely" just isn't definitive enough for me.

I do know this. One of the vaccinations was the direct cause of my daughter spinning around in circles for three days.

The conclusion of most studies that a connection be vaccines and autism is "unlikely" just isn't definitive enough for me.

Most studies don't say unlikely... they say we have found NO evidence of ANY link. In fact I have found studies with 100x more proof that not getting the Rubella vaccine can actually cause autism.