Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Not gonna lie, I do this sometimes to prevent people from going around me on the shoulder on roads where I know they aren't watching for bikers and runners who might be coming at us. Some times people just need to be patient.

Good. Passing on the right is dangerous.

If you had home surveillance cameras, you'd be a you-tube millionaire by next week. Kudo's to your severe bad-ass-itude for setting the finger yourself, and heal well, my friend.

Yeah, I was at my graceful best there. :blush:

OUCH -- you are badass, my friend. Hope that heals without too much trouble.

LOL Hardly. I am a little surprised I did it. When I see fingers broken in movies I cringe.

Points for "big galoot"

I guarantee that wasn't the word I threw at him from the bottom of the stairs. :P

The General might be the worst national ad I've ever seen. Does anyone know anyone that has that insurance? The commercials look like a joke.

AFAIK, it's for people that wreck their cars every six months and can't get policies with good carriers. This girl I know works for AAA, wrecks all the time, and even her employer won't insure her.

Dropped 10.99 to see Scenic Route on DTV. I almost turned it off after 15 minutes and spent the next 15 minutes asking myself how I pronounce "Route" before the movie rallied a bit toward the end. Still… can't recommend it. I only got it because it's my fourth movie this month, and you get $10 back. Make that, you're supposed to get $10 back. I won't, and after half an hour on the phone with them, I'll give up. They know that. There's a dude named Carter in it, so it had that going for it.

I'm developing carpal tunnel because I broke my wrist in high school but didn't have medical insurance so I had to let it heal on its own. The way it heals has been irritating the median nerve for years, causing the carpal tunnel.

Here's my 4th of July complaint-

The NSA. They are a bigger threat to our 'merican way of life than any terrorist could ever be.

(Oh, great. Now I'm probably on some list somewhere.)

The NSA. They are a bigger threat to our 'merican way of life than any terrorist could ever be.

It's like BeatleJuice. You need to type it three times.

NSA NSA NSA

Werd.

My boss agreed to take on both a college undergrad and a high school student for a few weeks this summer, and both started last week. The undergrad has some prior experience and he'd planned a project for her, so she's pretty self-sufficient. The high school student was a last-minute thing, and it's become clear that he had no idea what to do with her. She's really smart and enthusiastic about what we do, but because of her inexperience she's mostly just observing and shadowing me. And while I'm happy to explain what I'm working on and give her advice about career development stuff, it's really difficult to get my own work done when she's around. Thankfully she's only there from 9-2, but considering I would normally go in around 10-10:30, I feel like I need to go in earlier so she isn't completely on her own. I wish my boss would either take responsibility for her or formally ask me to do it instead of just completely dropping the ball.

Why do random joggers choose to run in the street instead of on the sidewalk? I saw a few of them this morning and I just don't get it. The sidewalk was completely abandoned and in good shape. I can't imagine one surface being much harder than the other and even if it is, the sidewalk must be worth not having to avoid random stones, potholes, and those pesky large deathtraps known as Masshole drivers.

Why do random joggers choose to run in the street instead of on the sidewalk? I saw a few of them this morning and I just don't get it. The sidewalk was completely abandoned and in good shape. I can't imagine one surface being much harder than the other and even if it is, the sidewalk must be worth not having to avoid random stones, potholes, and those pesky large deathtraps known as Masshole drivers.

Yes, I've wondered this very thing. I often drive on McKinley Parkway in South Buffalo which has a bike lane. Joggers often run right on the white line demarking the edge of the bike lane. Cars are whizzing by 18 inches away from them and they too ignore the nice, safe sidewalk just a few yards away. Worse yet, I've seen joggers pushing their baby in one of those three-wheeled jog-strollers right at the edge of the bike lane as well. How anyone would purposely endanger their child by doing this is beyond my comprehension. BTW, all of the sidewalks in this area have "wheelchair ramps" at each cross street so the jogging parent wouldn't have to keep lugging the stroller up and down curbs.

Oh, and today an eighteen-wheeler pulled out of a parking lot in front of me, the driver chatting happily away on his cell phone. Nicely done, sport.

Edited by Sabre Dance

OMG!!! So I got pestered today at meeting to send out an email so people will sign up for this thing that has been up for a couple weeks now. So I do... BUT the form that people need to use doesn't even work!!!!! Now I have people emailing me asking wtf!?!?!?!? and I have to scramble to get the systems guy to fix the form but he isn't responding to my email!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR