Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

:lol:

Ya know, this whole site is devoted to people who do amazing feats of skill and agility with their bodies. As a musician, when I see that same skill and agility put to music, with some self expression thrown in, I'm sold. I know,... I'm ghey. Don't care.

You're fabulous and you know it !!

Right there with ya, Weave. My neighbors (mostly their kids) are some ignorant MFers. After finally getting fed up of people treating my driveway as public property (in spite of many polite requests over the years to refrain from doing so), I decided to start parking at the end of my driveway, even though it is less convenient for me and my car is now getting crapped on regularly since it's under a power line. This seems to have helped, but I'm still finding cigarette butts and orther small trash on my property, which is irritating.

On Sunday evening I spent about two hours weeding and mulching the flower bed that runs between my driveway and their property. Tuesday when I came home I saw that they (finally) cut their grass, but with the mower discharge facing my way such that the flower bed and about 2 feet of my driveway were covered in grass clippings. So pissed. I can see them not realizing right away, but seriously, all they had to do was mow that part going the direction so the discharge was on thir side. Bastards.

And lol to the whole Gold Bond discussion... Thanks for the laugh, guys. ;)

The wife and I have decided that after 46 years in "civilization" we are not suited to life where our house is <30 feet from our neighbors house. We are looking at land out in farm country right now. Have a couple lots picked out. I figure if I can't hear my neighbors, and need binoculars if I want to see what they might be doing (not that I ever would), I am less likely to kill them some day.

The wife and I have decided that after 46 years in "civilization" we are not suited to life where our house is <30 feet from our neighbors house. We are looking at land out in farm country right now. Have a couple lots picked out. <b>I figure if I can't hear my neighbors, and need binoculars if I want to see what they might be doing (not that I ever would), I am less likely to kill them some day.</b>

Edit: I give up on trying to bold that last sentence... html formatting confuses me.

Edited by biodork

I know I know, everyone loves goldbond. But I can't rub it on my whole body. :bag:

1) It definitely is not made for certain parts. Use baby powder if you have to, or that Old Spice talc that's still left over from the gift set you bought your dad for Christmas when you were 7.

2) Center for excessive sweating!

People who complain the complaint thread isn't open then their only complaint is the complaint thread isn't open. :nana:

haha nice and subtle :P

my complaint is that it's only noon. I'm stuck on a project here at work, and need help. The only two people that can help me are traveling and don't have access to a phone due to the rules of the customer they are visiting (no phones/cameras/camera phones in building). It makes the day very slow going, and I just want to get out of here to go play softball this evening!

People who complain the complaint thread isn't open then their only complaint is the complaint thread isn't open. :nana:

You know very well I wanted it open because other posters needed a place to vent.

Your apology, however, is accepted. ;)

You know very well I wanted it open because other posters needed a place to vent.

Your apology, however, is accepted. ;)

I apologize to you and others. I am perceived as a "slacker" in "your community". I am type cast here by some, and I have come to accept that. There are still dozens of posters who understand my point of view on slacking. I think it's obvious not everyone holds your apparent disdain for someone that is a slacker.

It's too bad some people over the years have been so hurt by the slacking that they are "driven crazy" and feel the need to ;) others. I fancy myself a leader with a bubbly, tingly hope that I can open Thursdays thread on time every week, 52 weeks a year. I can't speak for others, but I myself so much hate slacking that when I sense a projection of it, I try to make it better.

Which is why even though you may not be too fond of me at this point, I apologize.

I apologize to you and others. I am perceived as a "slacker" in "your community". I am type cast here by some, and I have come to accept that. There are still dozens of posters who understand my point of view on slacking. I think it's obvious not everyone holds your apparent disdain for someone that is a slacker.

It's too bad some people over the years have been so hurt by the slacking that they are "driven crazy" and feel the need to ;) others. I fancy myself a leader with a bubbly, tingly hope that I can open Thursdays thread on time every week, 52 weeks a year. I can't speak for others, but I myself so much hate slacking that when I sense a projection of it, I try to make it better.

Which is why even though you may not be too fond of me at this point, I apologize.

Brilliant.

And in complaint news. I have a small bruise on my shoulder from an incidental collision in my hockey game last night. That much I don't care about one bit, but somehow out of the deal I got an elbowing penalty. I love when they just make stuff up.

Injuries during recreational sports, particularly during the warm months when I want to be outside doing things. Last year I tore a quad, and just last night I sprained an ankle. Playing in a rec soccer league, I was going for a header and so was someone from the other team. Naturally we collided mid-air. It wasn't a super hard collision, but it was enough that when I came down it was full force on one of my legs...and my foot just happened to also land in a divet. So my ankle was turned with my full momentum hitting it. Saw stars, actually thought I broke my ankle and/or fibula at first. I didn't, but it's definitely sprained so now I'm looking at a several week recovery with no soccer, no running, no elliptical, no leg exercises, etc.

:clapping:

:D

Alright. You got me. That was funny.

Sigh... time to complain about even more drama in my life. Once again involving the soon-to-be-ex-wife, her fiancee, and my son. All I'll say is that I have temporary custody, a hearing on June 26th for permanent custody, a mountain of legal bills, and more stress than ever before. On the bright side, my boy is safe and doing great with daddy. Hopefully it stays that way.

Ya know, this whole site is devoted to people who do amazing feats of skill and agility with their bodies. As a musician, when I see that same skill and agility put to music, with some self expression thrown in, I'm sold. I know,... I'm ghey. Don't care.

I'm on that boat as well. I don't really enjoy dancing on television, but a close friend of mine and my girlfriend are both dancers (and pretty damned good, too). I'm not sure how much of my enjoyment comes from being a musician, or the influence of my parents. My mom still dances wildly every time she feels the slightest urge, and she turned fifty nine yesterday. My dad's influence is why I became a musician, but that's not really relevant.

I apologize to you and others. I am perceived as a "slacker" in "your community".

[snip]

Had to show this some love as well. :lol:

My complaint is that I missed the first frisbee game of the year last night because I had to work. I stated clearly on my availability that I cannot work Sunday and Wednesday nights, and my boss accepted it without a word to me. Then he schedules me for a Wednesday night during last weekend when I was out of town, and I don't see the schedule until Tuesday when it is too late to find a sub. I haven't gotten a chance to see my boss yet, but I always give them about a month's advance when it comes to days I can't work. Then I ended up spending the majority of my shift reading Sabrespace and sifting through the waste at the Buffalo Bills Message Board (ughhh) because there were no f*cking customers. Now I have to wait until Sunday to play frisbee, and I have solid blocks of school and work until Sunday night. This also means that I wont even be able to see my girlfriend. And to top that all off, I threw up twice last night after the hockey game and I still feel like crap.

Okay. Much needed kvetching accomplished.

Sigh... time to complain about even more drama in my life. Once again involving the soon-to-be-ex-wife, her fiancee, and my son. All I'll say is that I have temporary custody, a hearing on June 26th for permanent custody, a mountain of legal bills, and more stress than ever before. On the bright side, my boy is safe and doing great with daddy. Hopefully it stays that way.

best of luck! I hope everything works out.

My stupid company won't let me move my desk outside. It's absolutely perfect here today.

You know, I asked too, but I was told I would get too distracted.

-Fishing as competition.

-Not being able to get out and fish.

-The Pro Tools plug-in that gives pop singers vibrato that they don't actually have.

-Kids having seizures that make me miss the first 5 minutes of the first game of the SCFs.

-Spell correction that turns "he's" into "his".

-Summer/heat.

That's probably enough.

My complaint is that the sabre space editor does not speeellll check. Or am I missing somethingggg.

totally agree and idk why it no longer does.

I am going to complain about the lack of money I have because there are almost no jobs and the economy is in the sh*thole.... thxs Bush you really were the worst. president. ever.