Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Neighbors.

We've had our town-issued recyclables bin "borrowed" a couple of times. The bin disappears and then suddenly re-appears a few days later. Last Tuesday our recycle bin disappeared (trash day). The next day the wife and I were walking home from the gym and saw our next door neighbor sweeping grass clippings into a recycle bin. I jokingly said to him "I don't think the garbage men are going to accept that as recycleable". Neighbor gave me a funny look and grumbled something I didn't quite hear. It wasn't until after I got in the house that I put two and two together and came up with "I wonder if they have my recycle bin". We decided to wait and see if this was another one of those "borrowed" bin incidents.

So...... one week later (garbage day again) and our recycle bin still hadn't reappeared. And I noticed that our neighbor had one bin at the curb with recyclables in it and a 2nd bin sitting in front of their garage. WTF? After work I decided to ask neighbors if they had my bin. Not knowing for sure that it was my bin I didn't want my inquiry to come off as overly accusatory. I walked over to the side door of the house and saw the two bins in plain sight next to their garbage cans. Rang the door. Wife answered.

Her- Hi Weave. What's up?

Me- I have an awkward question. Last week our recycle bin came up missing. By any chance would you have come across a bin and still have it?

Her- I don't think so. Let me take a look.

at this point she steps outside and takes a couple steps towards the garage (and the plainly visible bins), pauses, and says "wait, let me go ask hubby" And then she turns and goes into the house. I hear a brief muted conversation, and she comes back to the side door.

Her- No. We don't have it. We have a couple of bins but that is because we purchased extras.

and then she hit me with this.......

Her- I see there is a bin still next to the curb across the street. I bet that is your bin.

Me- ???? I'm not going to assume that a bin on someone else's lawn is mine and just take it. That would be silly.????

Her- Did you check with any of the other neighbors?

Me- Not yet.

Her- Well, we don't have it. Sorry.

Me- OK, just thought I'd ask

I went home and told the wife about the exchange and she said "I think she's lying". And I said, "I think she is too but I'm not going to start a neighbor war over a recycle bin. We'll pay the $25 and get a new one. This time I'm going to put our house number on it".

So, I am headed down the stairs at 5:30 Wednesday morning and I look out the front window and what do I see? A blue recycle bin sitting on my front lawn. I laughed loud enough to wake my wife. When I left for work I grabbed the bin to put it back by our garage and it was dirty and had grass clippings on it, like it was dumped and tossed.

Good moats make for good neighbors. WTF is wrong with people?

Dam, getting so tired of having to find a team to root for come playoff time in any of the sports, would one of my favorite teams please win sometime before i am gone. Sucks having to choose from other peoples favorite teams as mine are sleeping, chasing girls, drinking, golfing, whatever ever they do rather than be playoff teams.... flat out sucking , sucks.....

Farmersonly.com

I'm not sure if this should go here or if it should wait for F'N fantastic fridays as it both sucks and is funnier than anything run on SNL in quite some time. Are hockey fans really the target audience? My wife dropped into the basement workshop last night and caught this ad during Rangers/ Devils, and I had no explanation for her raised eyebrow.

The AC in my apartment doesn't do anything. I hate being hot. I hate it.

I learned a valuable and (slightly) expensive lesson about A/C - you have to clean the compressor housing every so often in order for it to work correctly. I just paid $125 to have the guy hose off my A/C unit..... Well, truth be told, he did shoot in a bit more refrigerant and cleaned the furnace/air unit in the basement as well. He also lubed up the blower motor, so we should be ready for summer's heat. Cheap insurance, I guess...

Edited by Sabre Dance

I learned a valuable and (slightly) expensive lesson about A/C - you have to clean the compressor housing every so often in order for it to work correctly. I just paid $125 to have the guy hose off my A/C unit..... Well, truth be told, he did shoot in a bit more refrigerant and cleaned the furnace/air unit in the basement as well. He also lubed up the blower motor, so we should be ready for summer's heat. Cheap insurance, I guess...

Fortunately I wont have to pay for any of that work since the apartment complex has to cover that repair. One of the perks of renting I suppose. They're sending a guy over today so we'll see what happens.

#firstworldproblems

so, i'm chatting with my wife last night as she's driving home from a meeting. come upstairs, put the phone on speaker, drop it on the bed, and start cleaning, all the while rambling on about getting the girls in bed, blah blah blah ... next thing i know, she's saying, "honey? honey? are you there?"

"well of course i'm here. can you not hear me?"

"......honey?"

"what?!"

"..........honey? are you there?"

pick up the phone, turn off speaker, and start talking again. few more tests and phone calls to other people later, and i find out that my phone doesn't work if i'm in speaker phone mode. i can hear the caller, but the caller can't hear me.

take it to the store today, and they opened it up. no lint ball, no fuzz, no blockage ... nothin'. try installing an OS update. nothin'. finally, the guy says, "well, we can get you a new phone. have you backed up your phone lately?"

last backup was the 11th. no texts, emails, data ... nothing from the 12th through today.

</whining>

Edited by Chris_in_UT

I HAVE HAD IT WITH THESE MOTHER######ING SNAKES ON THIS MOTHER######ING PLANE.

Heh. A friend the other weekend found a small snake in his car, dangling from the mirror. At 75 MPH. After dropping to the floor it did the 'cobra' thing where it coiled and pulled it's head back.

My balls are so sweaty. And I'm so cranky. How did people ever do work before air conditioning? I can't even function like a normal person.

Thank goodness for the modern AC unit developed in Buffalo by William Carrier!

Dude.....Goldbond....get the green bottle. You complain about sweaty balls more than i complain about Regier.

$10....last you the summer.

Every male should be taught about the wonders of Goldbond before they've reached maturity. It is as important as the birds and the bees talk.

Just when I think I'm old and learn-ed, I read things like this and realize that I am but a pup and know nothing.

Heh. A friend the other weekend found a small snake in his car, dangling from the mirror. At 75 MPH. After dropping to the floor it did the 'cobra' thing where it coiled and pulled it's head back.

Not only would I have crashed if this had happened to me, I would have call 911 and screamed "there's snakes in my motherf***ing CAr!!!!"

Y'all come on down to Hotlanta....gets brutal here, brutal

I am activly trying to get a job in Houston...

That being said, I have somewhere btw 7-10 applications flooting in the breeze right now and really would love to hear from one of these freaking places because I hate buffalo and I want the F**K out of it!

Neighbors.

(snip)

Good moats make for good neighbors. WTF is wrong with people?

Right there with ya, Weave. My neighbors (mostly their kids) are some ignorant MFers. After finally getting fed up of people treating my driveway as public property (in spite of many polite requests over the years to refrain from doing so), I decided to start parking at the end of my driveway, even though it is less convenient for me and my car is now getting crapped on regularly since it's under a power line. This seems to have helped, but I'm still finding cigarette butts and orther small trash on my property, which is irritating.

On Sunday evening I spent about two hours weeding and mulching the flower bed that runs between my driveway and their property. Tuesday when I came home I saw that they (finally) cut their grass, but with the mower discharge facing my way such that the flower bed and about 2 feet of my driveway were covered in grass clippings. So pissed. I can see them not realizing right away, but seriously, all they had to do was mow that part going the direction so the discharge was on thir side. Bastards.

And lol to the whole Gold Bond discussion... Thanks for the laugh, guys. ;)

Was it dark in that closet? :P

:lol:

Ya know, this whole site is devoted to people who do amazing feats of skill and agility with their bodies. As a musician, when I see that same skill and agility put to music, with some self expression thrown in, I'm sold. I know,... I'm ghey. Don't care.