Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

My purchase is that obvious huh? I guess I'll complain about me being predictable.

either way. congrats... :thumbsup: :beer:

another complaint: the sun is now shining, and I'm about to relocate to a conference room for the next hour and a half :( I wanna go outside.

Edited by dEnnis the Menace

Let me second LPF's congatulations ...

My hope is for you and your bride to enjoy many years of wedded bliss.

Speaking from experience (our 24th anniversary is coming this October) It will not always be a walk in the park, with many challenges in this life. Just remember that you are a team now and nothing should come between you ... not friends, not family of origin. You two are a family now and that is most important.

The bold is the most important advice you will every receive.

I'm getting something really screwy with google right now. When I search for something like say "Sabrespace", the main page does not come up in the search. It will bring up obscure threads buried in the archives. I'm getting this about half the time for just about anything I search. They're still all real links, but for whatever reason, it seems like I'm getting what should be about the 100th page of search results right up front. Annoying.

I messed up my neck last week helping my girlfriend move. It has only gotten worse, to the point where sitting here typing this at my desk is difficult. Heat pads, gentle massage, ice packs, painkillers, nothing has worked. Except drinking, which I try not to do before noon. <_<

I woke up this morning in super grump mode and in desperation made an appointment with a local acupuncture place for tomorrow afternoon. I have no idea what to expect since I've never had it done before, but my experiences with chiropractors and doctors in general have only been negative and a waste of time.

Hopefully I'll have a reason to post in tomorrow's thread.

Best line in any movie ever ...

(at 1:19)

I have to drop a very significant amount of money next week. The item and reason are material for the friday thread (which I won't be sharing), but the new monthly bill is going to be frustrated for a while.

My hope is for you and your bride to enjoy many years of wedded bliss.

I'm confused as to how these two statements fit together. :)

Edited by MattPie

I'm getting something really screwy with google right now. When I search for something like say "Sabrespace", the main page does not come up in the search. It will bring up obscure threads buried in the archives. I'm getting this about half the time for just about anything I search. They're still all real links, but for whatever reason, it seems like I'm getting what should be about the 100th page of search results right up front. Annoying.

Funny how the internets work. Like this twitter account quoting SabreSpace

I have to drop a very significant amount of money next week. The item and reason are material for the friday thread (which I won't be sharing), but the new monthly bill is going to be frustrated for a while.

to parrot others, congratulations! as others have also said, team mentality first. best advice i ever received regarding marriage: "frequent surrender." goes both ways, sure, but if the both of you do that, i guarantee you'll have a great life together. congrats again man! marriage is awesome.

It's actually a little more than half of what Obama has spent. Obama's big proposals which cost money were healthcare and the stimulus...which totaled about $2.5 trillion over 10 years (this is using the revised, more expensive CBO estimate on healthcare...original estimate was $900 billion, new estimate is about $1.7 trillion). The wars combined have cost about $1.3 trillion. And that's without even taking into account Bush's other costly legislation. It's one thing to bitch about Obama's spending, it's completely another to say Bush was even slightly more fiscally responsible.

And yes, I'm aware there has been other spending such as the payroll tax cut, extension of the Bush tax cuts, and unemployment insurance extensions. However, if you think those proposals wouldn't have happened with any other president, you haven't followed American politics very long. Plus even if you added those in, the wars have still cost probably around 40-45% of Obama's additional spending, significantly more than a quarter.

New complaint: people who bitch with one-sided talking points and half-assed numbers when they don't actually know what they're talking about regarding how the budget and political process works.

With all due respect, your numbers are less than fully-assed. $2.5 trillion is part spending and part CBO WAG. $1.3 trillion covers both the Bush and Obama years. Where did the 40-45% come from? What do tax cuts and budgets have to do with spending?

I messed up my neck last week helping my girlfriend move. It has only gotten worse, to the point where sitting here typing this at my desk is difficult. Heat pads, gentle massage, ice packs, painkillers, nothing has worked. Except drinking, which I try not to do before noon. <_<

I woke up this morning in super grump mode and in desperation made an appointment with a local acupuncture place for tomorrow afternoon. I have no idea what to expect since I've never had it done before, but my experiences with chiropractors and doctors in general have only been negative and a waste of time.

Hopefully I'll have a reason to post in tomorrow's thread.

At least you didn't do that before helping with the move. When I moved last summer, I did it 2 days after what I found out was an MCL sprain and a torn meniscus. Needless to say, that was one rough move. I think my knee was the size of a basketball at the end of that day.

At least you didn't do that before helping with the move. When I moved last summer, I did it 2 days after what I found out was an MCL sprain and a torn meniscus. Needless to say, that was one rough move. I think my knee was the size of a basketball at the end of that day.

I will admit my curiosity has me hoping this works on my neck because maybe it will help my knee too.

It's very hard to be productive when the only thing I can do is lay on my back. :(

Vegas disagrees with you :w00t:

that would be the entire state of nevada. ;)

well, okay ... to clarify, any brazen hussie street walker or brothel worker in the state of nevada. lest any state employees become ira ...oh, wait. erm ... unless any sports figures become .... oh, sh**. i mean ... any clerical workers .... or maybe hot school teachers .......

hmmm.

Earwigs. I know they are harmless, but just go away.

Maria Bartiromo. We get it. You're a 1%er. Get off of your high horse.

Cannondale Headshok. It would be great if it didn't need to be replaced every three months?

Work. Actually, it's not the work, I don't mind that. It's the idiots you have to deal with when you work.

Carrie Underwood. Given her recent announcement over her support for "gay marriage" and said that her "Christian views" made her think this way, the only thing that crossed my head was this: Does she really know the Gospel? I have serious doubts that she does.

That, this, and this. I don't understand why our beloved hometown feels such a need to ban anyone from proclaiming the Gospel at a venue like the annual Italian festival. Open air preaching is protected by the First Amendment, regardless of what the Common Council has to say about it. Plus, the photographer in the other account of events has every right to refuse service to anyone based on her (ahem) religious convictions. In the long run, the court will be held accountable for what they did.

Carrie Underwood. Given her recent announcement over her support for "gay marriage" and said that her "Christian views" made her think this way, the only thing that crossed my head was this: Does she really know the Gospel? I have serious doubts that she does.

That, this, and this. I don't understand why our beloved hometown feels such a need to ban anyone from proclaiming the Gospel at a venue like the annual Italian festival. Open air preaching is protected by the First Amendment, regardless of what the Common Council has to say about it. Plus, the photographer in the other account of events has every right to refuse service to anyone based on her (ahem) religious convictions. In the long run, the court will be held accountable for what they did.

I bet if Christ was a photographer, he would have taken their pictures.

Jesus Christ did teach compassion, forgiveness, etc, and she is being more Christian-like than most 'Christian' people who actually know it, that's for sure. Bashing her isn't cool IMO/

Earwigs. I know they are harmless, but just go away.

Maria Bartiromo. We get it. You're a 1%er. Get off of your high horse.

Cannondale Headshok. It would be great if it didn't need to be replaced every three months?

Work. Actually, it's not the work, I don't mind that. It's the idiots you have to deal with when you work.

earwigs and the people at work are my complaint today too.

I was given the task of reviewing test procedures because (I was told) "You worked at a test lab for a year when you were on co-op in college, so you understand the jargon better." What it really sounded like to me was "we don't want to do this, and you don't seem busy enough even though you have stacks upon stacks of projects and follow ups in front of you, so here." :wallbash:

I feel like I'm in Office Space: It's not that I'm lazy, I just don't care anymore.

Jesus Christ did teach compassion, forgiveness, etc, and she is being more Christian-like than most 'Christian' people who actually know it, that's for sure. Bashing her isn't cool IMO/

Very well said, and my opinion as well

He should be more "Christ like" in stead of Christian... and to answer the ? the "Christians" frequently ask, WWJD? I imagine he'd be angry at those who act more like "Christians" and a lot less like "Christ"

Politics and religion in this thread. It never ends well. Please stop.

And as for my complaining, I had a hockey game on monday and I blocked a slap shot off of my ribs/arm on the very first shift (no shoulder pads). Then on the second shift, the same shooter decided to perform a cup check with his next wild shot. Late in the first period I then took one off the inside of my ankle. So needless to say, I haven't been walking around too well this week. I had another game last night where I went totally against my style and tried not to block any shots. In the last minute shorthanded, I managed to take another shot to the groin area, but luckily I was turned a bit and the leg pads caught some of this one. So I now have 5 awful bruises. My arm is the most impressive, which is nice since that's one I can actually show off.

Oh, and I spent way too much money yesterday.