Arizona Coyotes are relocating to Utah

LGR4GM

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

No but the league will accept it for 2 seasons while the new arena is built. An arena that will also host the Jazz and has public support to be built. 

As opposed to Arizona where land purchase is still in the air and they play at Arizona state. 

The NHL is stipulating that Smith must make changes to the Delta Center to make it more NHL Ready, those changes have not been released to the public as of yet. 

***** great. Yet another city that will have a parade before Buffalo.

On a side note, I think those 10 team NTC lists are f***** bull *****.

And does this finally put to bed the fears of the Sabres relocating?! Good lord.

44 minutes ago, SwampD said:

And does this finally put to bed the fears of the Sabres relocating?! Good lord.

Fearless bull riders?

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

The NHL is stipulating that Smith must make changes to the Delta Center to make it more NHL Ready, those changes have not been released to the public as of yet. 

Give us the deets.

Year ago we (my family - I was 14) skied Snowbird and Alta.  Fantastic.

Not as well know back then (1979) as Vail and Aspen.  Not as crowded and wonderful.

Salt Lake City also hosted one of the best March Madness final 4 and National Championships ever - Bird versus Magic in the final.

The city was jammed with basketball fans and the ski hills were not jammed at all.

Good times ...

25 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Give us the deets.

I was going to page @inkman, but then noticed that you did not ask for the teets.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, SwampD said:

First as a Buffalo Sabres fan I don’t fear relocation not when the Sabres already announced renovations. Plus relocate to where? Salt Lake City is a small market the Buffalo Sabres market goes into Southern Ontario. You’re not moving the Sabres to Salt Lake City. What about Houston? Are you going to move the Buffalo Sabres to Houston in a risky hockey market over Buffalo/Southern Ontario that loves hockey with millions of hockey fans? No the Toronto Maple Leafs you can’t get tickets and if you can there a fortune. The Buffalo Sabres is an outlet for Southern Ontario hockey fans to watch NHL games in person. The Sabres aren’t going anywhere and it’s time Terry Pegula gets off the brother can you spare a dime crap. The Sabres aren’t moving Terry Pegula needs to hire a competent head coach and cut the crap in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

First as a Buffalo Sabres fan I don’t fear relocation not when the Sabres already announced renovations. Plus relocate to where? Salt Lake City is a small market the Buffalo Sabres market goes into Southern Ontario. You’re not moving the Sabres to Salt Lake City. What about Houston? Are you going to move the Buffalo Sabres to Houston in a risky hockey market over Buffalo/Southern Ontario that loves hockey with millions of hockey fans? No the Toronto Maple Leafs you can’t get tickets and if you can there a fortune. The Buffalo Sabres is an outlet for Southern Ontario hockey fans to watch NHL games in person. The Sabres aren’t going anywhere and it’s time Terry Pegula gets off the brother can you spare a dime crap. The Sabres aren’t moving Terry Pegula needs to hire a competent head coach and cut the crap in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Bot doesn't do paragraphs, but when you're right, you're right.

4 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

No bigamy jokes? Oh come on guys! 

My friend has two wives.  He tells me all the time, "That's mighty bigamy!"

Sarcastic Bad News GIF by Hello All

5 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

This is good news. The NHL is better without Meruelo in their expansion plans.  

They'd still be the villains; Meruelo wants to buy the land to bring hockey back to the desert.

• Haha (+1) 1

Look the Phoenix Coyotes are back in 5 years guaranteed weather Canadian hockey fans like it or not. Forget the land $1 billion dollars for Phoenix Coyotes 2 will be peanuts for a NHL expansion team five years from now. Alex Meruelo will keep a small percentage of the new Phoenix Coyotes and bring in investors like David Beckham did with Inter Miami. David Beckham didn’t have the money himself to own a Miami MLS franchise he found the wealthy investors. Phoenix needs a break for 5 years from the NHL. The Coyotes fans are whining and the NHL will make the new Phoenix Coyotes 2 successful like Vegas and Seattle with the expansion draft. There will be 34 teams Phoenix Coyotes with Atlanta, Houston and who ever battling it out for one spot. One of those spots that loses the expansion will probably end up with the Winnipeg Jets. I don’t see the Winnipeg Jets in Winnipeg in five years the market is too small. The NHL wants Phoenix so I don’t feel sorry for the Coyotes fans they are going to make out with a nice new arena somewhere in Phoenix. Watch because too many Phoenix business leaders thought the NHL was bluffing about moving now it happened they weren’t bluffing. So absent makes the heart grow fonder. Glendale Arena leaders are embarrassment they aren’t blame less. They would rather have a empty arena for 41 dates a year that is screwed up thought process. Alex Meruelo had nothing to do with that it was the previous Coyotes owner who didn’t pay Glendale Arena. The Glendale Arena is going to be a white elephant in 5 years like Nassau County Coliseum of the New York Islanders because when the Phoenix Coyotes owners build the privately owned new Phoenix Coyotes arena it will take whatever business Glendale Arena has now from them. Just remember the NHL wants Phoenix so it will happen in 5 years with the Phoenix Coyotes name and fans won’t care about the old Coyotes. Just the excitement of having NHL hockey back and the fancy new arena. 

I don’t think the NHL really wants Utah the owner just had the money to get the NHL owners out of a bad arena situation. Salt Lake City will struggle regardless of how much money the owner has. This owner remains me of Terry Pegula we saw how that turned out for the Buffalo Sabres. Salt Lake City is a smaller market than Phoenix and it’s an Utah Jazz basketball market. I am not convinced that Utah is going to make it in the NHL going against the popular Utah Jazz at the same time of season. I think the Phoenix Coyotes 2 will win a Stanley Cup before the Utah NHL team wins a Stanley Cup. That is why I wanted the Buffalo Sabres to shutdown for a few years while Key Bank Center is renovated and start over as Buffalo Sabres 2 expansion team with a new Sabres owner expansion draft. I think Phoenix Coyotes should be excited they are going to hit the jackpot in 5 years. It’s going to be funny reading Canadian hockey fans go nuts when Atlanta Thrashers 2 is awarded an NHL expansion team. Quebec City is never happening it’s just too small of a market. Winnipeg is bigger than Quebec City and they are struggling again. NHL expansion to the US big television markets is happening weather NHL fans like it or not. It’s pretty obvious that the NHL is going the MLS soccer route they want all the big US television markets. Canada is like an old oil well it’s drying up and there isn’t the potential to really get anymore money oil out of the well. I think 34 NHL teams is guaranteed in 5 years and it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s 36 NHL teams if the NHL owners can find suckers I mean new NHL owners to pay billion dollars plus for NHL expansion teams. The US is growing population wise and the NHL owners want the money they don’t care about quality of hockey play or some small Canadian hockey market when someone is writing a billion dollar check that they line their pockets with in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

2 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

So what's this mean, Salt Lake will have 20 players dressed each game and there will be 83 wives watching their hubby's? 

Automatic sellouts, baby.

• Haha (+1) 1